Newegg T-Mobile 925 source

Wacky_Packy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Were you able to remove the skid marks? I ordered from QVC and it should arrive tomorrow. It shipped from Baltimore, MD. Makes me wonder where the phone is coming from.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Were you able to remove the skid marks? I ordered from QVC and it should arrive tomorrow. It shipped from Baltimore, MD. Makes me wonder where the phone is coming from.
Sorry for not posting about that yet.

Yes, they came off with eyeglass cleaner.

Mine also came from Baltimore. If you sign up for a free UPS account, you can see a lot more info in the tracking. My tracking said the phone came from Simply Wireless, which I was very unhappy about because I would never have bought from them based on their negative reviews.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Mine also came from Baltimore. If you sign up for a free UPS account, you can see a lot more info in the tracking. My tracking said the phone came from Simply Wireless, which I was very unhappy about because I would never have bought from them based on their negative reviews.

Glad to hear the spots came off.

I used ResellerRating when you mentioned negative reviews about Simply Wireless, and their reviews at ResellerRatings are horrible, but they were all older reviews, from 5 to 8 years ago. I wonder if they sold the company, or just saw the light and changed their ways? Here's their reviews at ResellerRatings: Simply Wireless / SimplyCells.com Reviews - simplywireless.com Ratings at ResellerRatings If they were still as bad as their older ResellerRatings, I am sure NewEgg wouldn't want them as a 3rd party seller, because they would cause NewEgg a lot of headaches.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

How odd... Mine came directly from Newegg. Glad you were able to get your phone clean!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
How odd... Mine came directly from Newegg. Glad you were able to get your phone clean!
Thanks.

Can I ask how you confirmed it came directly from Newegg? Regular UPS tracking and everything on the UPS label just said Newegg for my order. It was only in the expanded tracking info you can see with a special free UPS account (not a shipper's account) that it indicated Simply Wireless. When I talked to Newegg CS, they initially said they come from a Newegg warehouse and only when confronted with the UPS info did they finally fess up.

Last edited:

Wacky_Packy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm the Simply Wireless shipped the phone. (I purchased it from QVC)

To activate the the phone, I need to contact Simply Wireless to get the activation code. The go to the following website to activate the phone:

Activate Your Prepaid Phone | Prepaid Activation Guide | T-Mobile

Did anyone use this process? I already have a T-mobile account with a phone and I just want to add another line to the existing account.

Note: Mt active phone is not a prepaid account if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

JimWPan

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I just ordered the same one from HSN. It will arrive in couple days. Is the phone brand new? Can I unlock the phone after 40 days with T-mobile?
If this is not from T-Mobile, can I still unlock the phone?

JimWPan

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Wacky_Packy, what do you mean - Note: Mt active phone is not a prepaid account if that makes a difference.
I thought all phone from t-Mobile are "No-contract" phone.

Thanks,

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a new 925 on the way from the Newegg deal for $249.

The price is back to $279 but the page did and still lists Newegg as the seller, however UPS shows it coming from: SIMPLY WIRELESS
WOODBRIDGE, VA, US (you may need a free account with UPS to see the shipper info).

A company with that name and that location has incredibly bad on-line reviews although most are complaints related to cell phone contracts and would not be relative to these phones.

I know others have posted they ordered these from Newegg and have received theirs. Did yours come from Simply Wireless or somewhere else?

My concern is since the company may be shady (based on the reviews) that these might not be actually new phones. So did you see any hint of them being refurbished?

I don't want to spread any doubts but since I came to have them based on research, I'm sure others have too so this will be good to clear those doubts if unfounded as it would be to raise them if not.

Meant to post here earlier (fiddling with the new 925 will be my excuse)

SIMPLY WIRELESS was the source of my Newegg Flash order for this device also.
Took 8 days from purchase to clutch (six business days)

No problems here the item arrived undamaged in a box inside was the phone contained in T-Mobile retail packaging.

Sleepysaurus

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of getting the 925 from newegg but got concerned after reading ur post thhat i would have to activate the phone with Tmo when i receive it. I'm not a Tmo customer,, so this would not be a possible purchase ffor me then?

I can confirm the Simply Wireless shipped the phone. (I purchased it from QVC)

To activate the the phone, I need to contact Simply Wireless to get the activation code. The go to the following website to activate the phone:

Activate Your Prepaid Phone | Prepaid Activation Guide | T-Mobile

Did anyone use this process? I already have a T-mobile account with a phone and I just want to add another line to the existing account.

Note: Mt active phone is not a prepaid account if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)