925 Questions

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I have a few questions, regarding the Lumia 925 (and NOT 925 questions, ha) and I'd be grateful if you could probably answer some of them. I'm really targeting one for next month, I've been using a Lumia 620 for quite a while now, and while a great phone, I can't help but feel the need for a bigger screen and a much more advanced handset overall. So bare with me as I will be asking random reassurance questions in here, I assume you the majority in this subforum would have one, so no better place to go.

• 1080p/Three Tile Columns. Will the 925 have that when Windows Phone 8.1 lands? The screen is big enough for it and it would look nice.
  • Is storage an issue for you? I've had to hard reset my 620 due to storage issues but that is something that Microsoft is responsible for, more than myself.
  • Camera/Video performance. Seeing as it's 925, it should be a step up from the phenomenal 920, right? How does it fare?

Do you think that it would be a nice purchase at this point? At this point, I would probably go for a 920 to save up some money but it's not available where I want it and the 925's price is good enough for me, can't go higher though.

Do you have any particular good/bad things you have to say about the Lumia 925?

That's all for now, until I can come up with something else. For now, thank you in advance and have a great Sunday, everyone!

Qiyamata

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm also wondering about the 925. Right now I got the 521 through MetroPCS. Does the 925 offer internet sharing on T-Mobile? Right now I have it with Metro and it's something I need. It'd also be nice to have the camera flash of the 925. Any way I could buy the 925 from Tmo and take it to Metro to run on their network with the internet sharing working?

Sorry, not trying to high jack your thread :p

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm also wondering about the 925. Right now I got the 521 through MetroPCS. Does the 925 offer internet sharing on T-Mobile? Right now I have it with Metro and it's something I need. It'd also be nice to have the camera flash of the 925. Any way I could buy the 925 from Tmo and take it to Metro to run on their network with the internet sharing working?

Sorry, not trying to high jack your thread :p

No worries, brother! Enjoy your Sunday. :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think it's safe to say the 925 won't get the three tile rows since it's a 720p phone and the three tiles are only for 1080p phones.

I just got my 925 after using a 920 for the past 10 months. Storage isn't really an issue only because I'm foregoing having music installed on my phone. I'm going to use music streaming apps instead, i.e. Pandora, RockRadio.com, etc.

As far as the camera goes, I haven't really seen any difference so far between the picture quality of the 920 versus the 925. Seems about the same to me. Of course, I've only taken a few shots with my 925 so far as I only got it three days ago. The true test will be when I start taking pictures outdoors (I've taken many outdoor shots with my 920).

Also, to answer Qiyamata, yes, you can get Internet sharing on the 925 with T-Mo. You shouldn't have any problem using the phone on MetroPCS either since T-Mobile owns them. :smile:

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it will. I read an announcement that said 4.5" and up screens will have that option, labeled "more tiles".
I thought that the update would enable 1080p on big screen phones, I don't see why the 925 wouldn't qualify. And I don't know why but I really want that feature. I'd love to wait until the first Microsoft branded phones are out but I can't see that happening until October, at least. And I'm really impatient. I don't know why but I consider the more tiles a good selling point, in my eyes.

We need confirmation on this.

Thanks, metalchick for the camera feedback!

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I thought that the update would enable 1080p on big screen phones, I don't see why the 925 wouldn't qualify. And I don't know why but I really want that feature. !

You can't just get an update to 1080p. Its not possible to do that. its like saying I expected with 8.1 for my 925 to get the 41 mp camera. They're hardware, not software

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
You can't just get an update to 1080p. Its not possible to do that. its like saying I expected with 8.1 for my 925 to get the 41 mp camera. They're hardware, not software

Let me rephrase. I thought the update was meant to enable 1080p on compatible devices because Windows Phone 8 was only 720p, until now. Right?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Let me rephrase. I thought the update was meant to enable 1080p on compatible devices because Windows Phone 8 was only 720p, until now. Right?
the update enables 1080p devices to run windows phone 8 but a device cannot receive an update to a higher resolution.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone!

I have a few questions, regarding the Lumia 925 (and NOT 925 questions, ha) and I'd be grateful if you could probably answer some of them. I'm really targeting one for next month, I've been using a Lumia 620 for quite a while now, and while a great phone, I can't help but feel the need for a bigger screen and a much more advanced handset overall. So bare with me as I will be asking random reassurance questions in here, I assume you the majority in this subforum would have one, so no better place to go.

• 1080p/Three Tile Columns. Will the 925 have that when Windows Phone 8.1 lands? The screen is big enough for it and it would look nice.
  • Is storage an issue for you? I've had to hard reset my 620 due to storage issues but that is something that Microsoft is responsible for, more than myself.
  • Camera/Video performance. Seeing as it's 925, it should be a step up from the phenomenal 920, right? How does it fare?

Do you think that it would be a nice purchase at this point? At this point, I would probably go for a 920 to save up some money but it's not available where I want it and the 925's price is good enough for me, can't go higher though.

Do you have any particular good/bad things you have to say about the Lumia 925?

That's all for now, until I can come up with something else. For now, thank you in advance and have a great Sunday, everyone!

1) The 925 will not have 3 rows of tiles and it can't have 1080p

2) Storage is very personal, what is more than enough for on person is nowhere enough for the other person. My 925 is 32gb but I'm not sure where you are and if you will be able to get a 32gb version

3) Going by what others say there is little difference between the two cameras.

I think the 925 is a great buy at the moment considering the deals on them now.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
No one knows yet about the 3 tiles but it could happen, its been on tons of smaller 720p screen phones.

I hadn't read that article but do you not think that a 4.5" screen is too small to have 3 rows. I personally think it will be for 5" up but I just hope if is then they do have an option to have it or not as they said in the article.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't read that article but do you not think that a 4.5" screen is too small to have 3 rows. I personally think it will be for 5" up but I just hope if is then they do have an option to have it or not as they said in the article.
people just want three rows, regardless of how small the tiles will be. I won't mind having three rows on a 620 if even if the tiles will be extremely small

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't read that article but do you not think that a 4.5" screen is too small to have 3 rows.
Definitely not too small for many people.

I mean if people can read two columns on the bite size phone below, three on a 4.5" is nothing:

2013-smallest-size-luxury-brand-cellphone-Dual-core-Wifi-LED-flashilight-Android-2-3-6-32G.jpg

Just kidding of course, but I have no idea why anyone photoshopped a WP screen onto an Android mini. LoL

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
yes im also sure there will be an option in wp8.1 to enable this on any windows phone device, as already seen in the leaked sdk.

Vindies37

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
i guess that would be a bonus if we could get 3 tiles for the 925...but then again when it comes to resolution, i dont think that software will jack it up to 1080p.. there is no such thing that you buy an HD screen and suddenly with a software update you'd be able to enjoy FHD.

storage wise...i'm on 16GB and i guess that suffice my needs. its pretty much personal...depends on how you use your phone.

no idea on the 920 vs 925 comparison but i really love the cam... i use it as a substitute for my dslr now in taking quick snaps :)

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a Lumia 620 for months where the tiles seem just normal sized to me, which is natural, considering that's what I'm used to.
I've seen the tiles on larger phones and they always seemed a little bigger to me, again, natural for me. but still, a more tiles option like on the Surface 2 would not be bad at all. I don't use the option on my Surface cause I'm happy with the three rows and the fourth one makes things a little smaller than needed.

But I would definitely expect something like that to happen for 4.5" and above.

I would like to wait for the Microsoft devices but I know this is going to take some time. And the offers for the 925 in Sweden are pretty nice so I'm thinking of grabbing one for the foreseeable future. I had the 920 in mind first but seeing as its availability is dropped, I don't seem to have many options.

sz_nu

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Language Packs - How to uninstall a language pack from speech settings of the phone?

Hi,
The Speech Language 'English India' was already installed in my Lumia 925 when i bought it but after a weeks use I strongly felt the need for 'English US' & 'English UK' for better speech response on my Lumia 925. Although, being from India, I soon realized that English India & English UK are sufficient and I really do not need English US. Since then I have been making unsuccessful attempts to find a way to delete that extra language from my phone that occupies appox. 25MB of storage capacity. [Yes, it is just 25MB but considering that in Lumia 925, I have just got 16GB - and 14.4 GB for my usage precisely, I'd like to ensure that my phone has nothing that is not used by me or is of no use to me.]

It'll be great and well appreciated if anyone can share a solution. Thanks, Cheers :)

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Language Packs - How to uninstall a language pack from speech settings of the phone?

Hi,
The Speech Language 'English India' was already installed in my Lumia 925 when i bought it but after a weeks use I strongly felt the need for 'English US' & 'English UK' for better speech response on my Lumia 925. Although, being from India, I soon realized that English India & English UK are sufficient and I really do not need English US. Since then I have been making unsuccessful attempts to find a way to delete that extra language from my phone that occupies appox. 25MB of storage capacity. [Yes, it is just 25MB but considering that in Lumia 925, I have just got 16GB - and 14.4 GB for my usage precisely, I'd like to ensure that my phone has nothing that is not used by me or is of no use to me.]

It'll be great and well appreciated if anyone can share a solution. Thanks, Cheers :)
You'd have better luck asking that in the main boards, seeing as it is an OS issue/question you are having and not necessarily device related. Nonetheless, I hope you get an answer soon. :)

In other news, I ordered my Lumia 925 last night. Couldn't resist it anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb