925 Questions

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
It is very hard to resist the beauty of the 925

What colour did you go for.
Went for black cause it's my favorite. My brother has it and I really like it.
My only concern is that my brother's phone has some text at rear bottom, some small fonts reading Model925 and other stuff and an additional, big, CE something under the speaker..

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My only concern is that my brother's phone has some text at rear bottom, some small fonts reading Model925 and other stuff and an additional, big, CE something under the speaker..

My white one has the same info at the back bottom. I guess this is normal; assuming all 925s have that.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Why is that a concern to you, it is on all of them. On mine it has Model 925.4 23gb Type RM 892 above the speaker and the CE bit under it.

I would be more concerned if it wasn't on it.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
My white one has the same info at the back bottom. I guess this is normal; assuming all 925s have that.

I don't know if you are aware but the back cover can be changed. It snaps in and out and is how disassembly begins. I think I saw a black cover for $29 and the folks down under sell fancy wood grain ones. not 100% sure about wood grain ones origin, did see an add though.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if you are aware but the back cover can be changed. It snaps in and out and is how disassembly begins. I think I saw a black cover for $29 and the folks down under sell fancy wood grain ones. not 100% sure about wood grain ones origin, did see an add though.
I was going to order one of those wood backs for the 925 I got a few days ago. I thought it would look nice since I don't use cases with my phones. Unfortunately, the 925 strikes me as more droppable (tm) than my old phone due to the slipperier metal edges, and flatter back. It almost feels like holding a wet bar of soap. LoL

So I'm getting a cover. I don't see any reason to have a hidden wood back and its a shame the metal will be hidden too. :(

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I had booth the 620 and the 925

1) the screen is 720p (and way better than the 620 LCD), but not 1080p

2) storage with 16gb is way to little if you records video and wp8 doesn't sync them in full res on cellular data

3) the camera on 920 and 925 is pretty much the same, the 925 has an amoled (vs LCD), smaller (but no wireless charging) - but like all nokias quite big and with qi cover a monster.

Btw the antenna on 925 has one of the lowest scores (worst compared to competitors) and compared to my sgs3 the 925 is almost useless on hands free in the car due to poor voice,quality/ bad signal.

Built quality is quite poor to with small cracks in the metal and space between metal and plastic.

I would wait for the Lumia 930 , faster, better screen and SD support (if my dreams comes true)

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
This is something I didn't know. Are there official covers or just third party ones?

2) storage with 16gb is way to little if you records video and wp8 doesn't sync them in full res on cellular data

3) the camera on 920 and 925 is pretty much the same, the 925 has an amoled (vs LCD), smaller (but no wireless charging) - but like all nokias quite big and with qi cover a monster.

Btw the antenna on 925 has one of the lowest scores (worst compared to competitors) and compared to my sgs3 the 925 is almost useless on hands free in the car due to poor voice,quality/ bad signal.

Built quality is quite poor to with small cracks in the metal and space between metal and plastic.

I would wait for the Lumia 930 , faster, better screen and SD support (if my dreams comes true)

You certainly don't look pleased. I guess it varies from person to person.. I don't do calls in the car, so no issue there. I don't record too many videos either but if I do, I can just connect my phone to my Surface and transfer the video for keeps, editing, etch

I've seen a 925 with a QI cover, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be but still, I'm. not going to have one stuck on mine all the time. I like it naked.
Waiting for your dream 930 will take time and surely, money. So I'll just sit tight here with a 925 for now and we'll see what goes down in Xmas!

Thanks for your input, folks.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Are you saying that the build quality on the 925 is bad? With exception to my old Xperia Z1 and iPhone 4/4s it is the best built phone I have ever had.

I have no problem with either connecting to or using my 925 when connected via Bluetooth to in both my VW CC and Land Rover Discovery 4

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
This is something I didn't know. Are there official covers or just third party ones?

You can get both but you would be better getting an official as it has the NFC fleck and I'm sure that it would fit better as well.

I got a grey back for my phone and it work perfectly but I still have to do the wireless charging mod on it so for now it is in the drawer until I do it. The cost was ?24 in total and I got it from Spain.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I was going to order one of those wood backs for the 925 I got a few days ago. I thought it would look nice since I don't use cases with my phones. Unfortunately, the 925 strikes me as more droppable (tm) than my old phone due to the slipperier metal edges, and flatter back. It almost feels like holding a wet bar of soap. LoL

So I'm getting a cover. I don't see any reason to have a hidden wood back and its a shame the metal will be hidden too. :(

My nephew has/had an AT&T 925 and it felt worse than a bar of soap.....he dropped and totally smashed the screen less than a week later. The phone is gorgeous but we will have to cover it up.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

That build quality crack is required for getting into the device for repair. In other words it was engineered that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)