925 Questions

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you are aware but the back cover can be changed. It snaps in and out and is how disassembly begins. I think I saw a black cover for $29 and the folks down under sell fancy wood grain ones. not 100% sure about wood grain ones origin, did see an add though.

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I'm going to stick with the white back, though, because it's been my favorite since day one. :smile:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I had booth the 620 and the 925

1) the screen is 720p (and way better than the 620 LCD), but not 1080p

2) storage with 16gb is way to little if you records video and wp8 doesn't sync them in full res on cellular data

3) the camera on 920 and 925 is pretty much the same, the 925 has an amoled (vs LCD), smaller (but no wireless charging) - but like all nokias quite big and with qi cover a monster.

Btw the antenna on 925 has one of the lowest scores (worst compared to competitors) and compared to my sgs3 the 925 is almost useless on hands free in the car due to poor voice,quality/ bad signal.

Built quality is quite poor to with small cracks in the metal and space between metal and plastic.

I would wait for the Lumia 930 , faster, better screen and SD support (if my dreams comes true)

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

You think the phone is "a monster" with the wireless charging cover??? I used mine with the red wireless charging cover I got for it the first two days I had it and there was no bulk at all. My 920 naked is bulkier!

It sounds like you must have gotten a defective/problematic 925, because mine doesn't have any cracks between the metal sides and polycarbonate back. Ditto for the sound quality. I've had the opposite, in fact. A couple of nights ago, I was on speakerphone with my friend and my phone actually fell screen first to the floor. Picked it up and there was not a scratch on it and when I asked my friend if she could still hear me, she said, "Perfectly."

Wael Hasno

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
metalchick sure is proud of the red cover!

Got my black 925 couple days ago, the phone is amazing and the screen is mind blowing. Not only it's got those epic colours, it also feels great. Might post a few unboxing pictures if you guys like.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I received my 925 (coming from 920) 2 days ago, and I must say, it does feel an upgrade from the 920..

build quality is impressive, phone is perfectly built, I just love how it looks and how it is finished..

The screen on it is indeed impressive, colors pops up much more than on 920 and the black is 100% black.. Only downside is for white, led can't reach 100% white and it viewing angles on white only aren't very good, gladly windows phone 8 is pretty much based on black, and viewing photos on this screen is just nice, colors popping up, very ''alive''..

I hope I won't miss the 32gb from mine 920..

The only thing that's making me crazy on this phone are these crappy post processament algorithms, when you take the photo, they're perfect, nice, sharp.. then when you go view it, green hue, not as sharp, and sometimes colors are way too muted.. Damn, I wish I could turn off this post processament thing.. It takes the camera of 920/925 a level down, although they're still nice even there, lol

Very happy with this phone, just wish it had 32gb and GOOD camera algorithms for post processament.. not going to exchange it soon, even because every cellphone on my country (brazil) is expensive, 925 costs around 800$ dollars and 520 250$..

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi I switched to the Lumia 925 with 32gb(new) for 300? and now I have a question. Is it truth that the Oled display don't like the blue colors? Is Emerald green the display gently color? Maybe anyone is here with the knowhow..

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi I switched to the Lumia 925 with 32gb(new) for 300€ and now I have a question. Is it truth that the Oled display don't like the blue colors? Is Emerald green the display gently color? Maybe anyone is here with the knowhow..
I read that the blue elements "wears out" (dim) faster but don't know how long it takes to be noticeable or how long it takes to be so bad you can't stand it, so I am interested too. Since you don't see people complaining, I'm guessing most people change phones before it gets bad.

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Very happy with this phone, just wish it had 32gb and GOOD camera algorithms for post processament.. not going to exchange it soon, even because every cellphone on my country (brazil) is expensive, 925 costs around 800$ dollars and 520 250$..

No way, that is NOT correct. I've seen it for R$ 1100 (around 460US$), and the 520 for R$450 (around 190$).

I wouldn't change it for any phone for a long time. I have GREAT battery life, a great camera, all the apps I need, like Office, chatting apps, and CamScanner (the best ever). The L925 even made me give my iPad to a friend. And 8.1 is coming to all WP8, so whatever the hardware comes next, wont' be that much of an improvement for me.

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
No way, that is NOT correct. I've seen it for R$ 1100 (around 460US$), and the 520 for R$450 (around 190$).

I wouldn't change it for any phone for a long time. I have GREAT battery life, a great camera, all the apps I need, like Office, chatting apps, and CamScanner (the best ever). The L925 even made me give my iPad to a friend. And 8.1 is coming to all WP8, so whatever the hardware comes next, wont' be that much of an improvement for me.

well.. it was launched for 1800 reais (800-900 dollars), while 920 was launched for 2000 reais (you could find it for 1000 reais - 500 dollars, in the end's of it's life), and on nokia brasil, 925 still costs 1400 reais, which gives around 650-700 dollars.. (I'm using 2 dollars = 1 real, not using the 2.3354522343)

When I gave my 920 to nokia's care, 925 was about 1600 reais, which that's why I used 800 dollars..

I do agree with you that this is a great phone indeed, just a few tweaks here and there and perfect to go, SD support, and camera algorithms would be just perfect for me, I don't need better hardware as well, it completes the tasks I use faster than any device out there, but I'm sure I'm minority.. battery life is just meh for me, it lasts around 10hours, I'm good with it, it's the time I leave my house and come back to it, if any longer than that, I just take my charger with me

let's just wait for the new generations of lumia phones, now that's under microsoft's hood, and sure, can't wait for 8.1 either!

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I read that the blue elements "wears out" (dim) faster but don't know how long it takes to be noticeable or how long it takes to be so bad you can't stand it, so I am interested too. Since you don't see people complaining, I'm guessing most people change phones before it gets bad.

Yeah I read that too and now I don't use blue anymore but blue is my favorite color 😓

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99