Sky Bet Help.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It wont let me download the app on the windows phone store saying its maybe not for my device (925) or it must be exclusive to a certain region, Im from the UK, also the mobile website worked fine on my 620 but i cant login on my 925 because everytime i try to i cant get a response from the login button an keep getting a hashtag in front of the url https://m.skybet.com/# that seems to stop it?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I seem to remember a Sky Bet app coming out for WP8, then people were saying it disappeared from the store. I presume Sky pulled it. Anyway, I don't actually use it myself, but a friend of mine uses Sky Bet on Windows Phone and the mobile website works well for them and they use m.skybet.com. Just tried it on my phone (Lumia 920) and it works fine as well, including the Login button.

Can't see any reason why it shouldn't work on your 925. You could perhaps try clearing your history and cache to see if that solves the problem. You can do this by tapping on the 'delete history' button in IE's settings. However, this will also remove your history and any saved passwords you have in IE on your phone, but if that's not a problem for you, then I'd give this a try to see if it gets it working.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I seem to remember a Sky Bet app coming out for WP8, then people were saying it disappeared from the store. I presume Sky pulled it. Anyway, I don't actually use it myself, but a friend of mine uses Sky Bet on Windows Phone and the mobile website works well for them and they use m.skybet.com. Just tried it on my phone (Lumia 920) and it works fine as well, including the Login button.

Can't see any reason why it shouldn't work on your 925. You could perhaps try clearing your history and cache to see if that solves the problem. You can do this by tapping on the 'delete history' button in IE's settings. However, this will also remove your history and any saved passwords you have in IE on your phone, but if that's not a problem for you, then I'd give this a try to see if it gets it working.

Thanks for the reply dznk, when i hit the login button the url goes from m.skybet.com then a hashtag pops up beside it basically stopping me going any further? I'll try deleting history.

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
And also theirs a cookies pop up which i cant X out of lol, do i need to download some kind of app or something?

I think they're having a few issues with their site at the moment. Just tried it on my phone and PC and I got on after refreshing about 3 times. Now the page is not loading again.

Anyway, not sure why you can't X the cookies pop up. I take it that has appeared because you've cleared your cookies.

What I'd personally try if I was you, is try going onto the full website on your phone (skybet.com). If the cookie popup appears, then see if you can cross it now that you're on the full page. Then try going to m.skybet.com again to see if it now works properly. I can't think of any other app that could help you out in this situation. Shame Sky doesn't put any effort into WP. Would be nice to see some Sports apps and Sky Go etc from them.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I think they're having a few issues with their site at the moment. Just tried it on my phone and PC and I got on after refreshing about 3 times. Now the page is not loading again.

Anyway, not sure why you can't X the cookies pop up. I take it that has appeared because you've cleared your cookies.

What I'd personally try if I was you, is try going onto the full website on your phone (skybet.com). If the cookie popup appears, then see if you can cross it now that you're on the full page. Then try going to m.skybet.com again to see if it now works properly. I can't think of any other app that could help you out in this situation. Shame Sky doesn't put any effort into WP. Would be nice to see some Sports apps and Sky Go etc from them.

Done what you said to do and it worked and absolute treat! Greatly appreciated dznk :) thanks for your time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786