Lumia 925 Stuck in Limbo?

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys/Gals,

I seem to be having a odd issue with my 925, I've had it just over a month I'm not sure if the issue is linked to the Black update because my battery seemed fine before it, doesn't seem to have much juice as it once did, i have done everthing in regards to switching everything off thats not needed, and also soft reset and hard reset as well to no avail.

The problem is i can't seem to get a charge over 10hours its always either 8-9hours when fully at 100% charged but then goes a few hours stuck on 8-9 without losing percentage so it could drop to 100% to 80% and still stay at 8-9 hours battery life lol

Any help would be grateful ;-)

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Its stating 8-9hrs because you were using the phone at that time. You should be able to get a higher estimate if you don't use the phone when its fully charged. Then it should show you its maximum standby time.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Its stating 8-9hrs because you were using the phone at that time. You should be able to get a higher estimate if you don't use the phone when its fully charged. Then it should show you its maximum standby time.

When its fully charged and i use it can stay on 8hours, after 3hours of usage without it depleting the 8hours. (Think I've said that right or I'm just confusing myself lol)

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
When its fully charged and i use it can stay on 8hours, after 3hours of usage without it depleting the 8hours. (Think I've said that right or I'm just confusing myself lol)

What software are you using to determine how much battery life is left? Either try a different software, or do without it. The phone will let you know when it's getting low and drop into battery save mode. Under normal to moderate heavy use, I've only had it dip past 20% a couple of times. I usually unplug at 6:30am and go until 9-10pm. Windows phone is designed to NOT have to worry about it.

My guess is, that it needs to calibrate to the battery. This is usually done by going full charge, run it to shutdown, full charge again, run to shutdown. This lets the system know what the full/dead states of the battery are.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What software are you using to determine how much battery life is left? Either try a different software, or do without it. The phone will let you know when it's getting low and drop into battery save mode. Under normal to moderate heavy use, I've only had it dip past 20% a couple of times. I usually unplug at 6:30am and go until 9-10pm. Windows phone is designed to NOT have to worry about it.

My guess is, that it needs to calibrate to the battery. This is usually done by going full charge, run it to shutdown, full charge again, run to shutdown. This lets the system know what the full/dead states of the battery are.

I have used both (Arthur Semenov) Battery and also without this app and just used the battery setting in WP8 settings both giving the same outcome of battery life, i think i need to do what you've advised and let the battery run down fully charge it up and so fourth to see if anything changes.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Something is going on in the background then. I have a nl925 and I'm at work right now. I have glance on and its been lightly used(checkig messages) and now typing you. after 5hrs I still have 100% with 14hrs left, but I do have "restrict background data" enabled.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have used both (Arthur Semenov) Battery and also without this app and just used the battery setting in WP8 settings both giving the same outcome of battery life, i think i need to do what you've advised and let the battery run down fully charge it up and so fourth to see if anything changes.

I checked a number of battery apps a while back using both my everyday 925 and my spare 925 and by far the worst battery hog was the Arthur Semenov "Battery" app. If you don't use your phone you can even see the dips in the graph every 30 minutes when it is checking the battery.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I should also add that there're two that did not seem to make any or little difference to the battery and they were "Battery" by Endless Soft Ltd and "Insider Pro"

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Something is going on in the background then. I have a nl925 and I'm at work right now. I have glance on and its been lightly used(checkig messages) and now typing you. after 5hrs I still have 100% with 14hrs left, but I do have "restrict background data" enabled.

My 925 would never last that long if i done that my phone would be dead already, their is something that's killing the battery I just don't know what yet! Lol

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
And yes as some of you have said the *battery* app does seem to drain the battery a little :/ i took my phone of charge 9am this morning stuck on 8hours battery estimation its now surpassed the supposed 8hours and lasted 12hours with an estimation of 4hours left. Lets see how long this lasts now.

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
This "time left" is fairly an estimation based on previous charges and battery usage. If this "time left" doesn't change after a few hours, it just means you're not using the phone as it estimated, and is adjusting the remaining battery to its estimation.
I don't see a reason to be bothered by that. It's probably just a miscalculation on the app, not actual problem with the battery.

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So yesterday when i got home after work my phone died after 15 hours, so i put it back on charge for my day of work today it was on charge for 8hours and yet again its on 100% battery giving me yet another 8hours estimation, i just cant seem to get over 10 hours lol. Should i maybe do another hard reset?

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Here is mine for comparison.

Their would be no way my 925 would even get near that lol, I have now reset it and I'm going to wait and see how it fairs without the black update on it, at the minute the battery life doesn't know what to be at one minute its 6hours left the next its 11hours drops to 6hours now its currently sitting at 20hr and 58mins on 53% which within the next half hour I'm sure will drop down again.

I have noticed since the restart the back of the phone hots up around the camera which didn't happen when the black update was on it, so i will ride today out and see how it fairs.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Their would be no way my 925 would even get near that lol, I have now reset it and I'm going to wait and see how it fairs without the black update on it, at the minute the battery life doesn't know what to be at one minute its 6hours left the next its 11hours drops to 6hours now its currently sitting at 20hr and 58mins on 53% which within the next half hour I'm sure will drop down again.

I have noticed since the restart the back of the phone hots up around the camera which didn't happen when the black update was on it, so i will ride today out and see how it fairs.

So are you saying that before you reset the phone you had the black update and after the reset you don't have black update? How did you do that?

What emails have you syncing and when you reset the phone did you restore from a backup you had?

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So are you saying that before you reset the phone you had the black update and after the reset you don't have black update? How did you do that?

What emails have you syncing and when you reset the phone did you restore from a backup you had?

I'm right by going into extra/info to check and see if I'm running the black update?, will when i do this it doesn't show that its been updated to black like it was previously. So since the reset i done earlier black has not been added?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm right by going into extra/info to check and see if I'm running the black update?, will when i do this it doesn't show that its been updated to black like it was previously. So since the reset i done earlier black has not been added?

So do you have any of the features of the black update or are they gone as well? I would recon that the problem you have with the phone heating up is down to the black update being removed.

Are you sure the black update was installed properly?

Marty Larsson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So do you have any of the features of the black update or are they gone as well? I would recon that the problem you have with the phone heating up is down to the black update being removed.Are you sure the black update was installed properly?
The picture in this link showing The redish Lumia Black font doesn't show up in my settings anymore so I'm assuming that black is no longer on it until i update it again?http://www.windowscentral.com/lumia-black got the lumia black through settings>phone update>searched for the update then boom it downloaded, thats how for the first time i installed it on my 925.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow, you are sure that you had black yes.

I would do a re-flash if I were you as there is something wrong with your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb