Lumia 925 case reviews/reccomendations?

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I know this type of post has probably been p at least a hundred times, but I haven't found anything I liked. I'm looking for a case with a lightweight non bulky case with a lip to protect my camera in the case that my pone is laid down, and just enough height on the sides to protect my screen when its faced down. That being said does anyone own a case of that kind, and would like to provide a brief review for me, and any others looking for a case? I do value recommendations as well. I'd love to carry my phone naked, but I already dropped it once(in 2 days), and I feel like it is too beautiful of a phone to go unprotected. Also, does anyone have a case that fits the wireless charging shell(I cannot/ will not try to do a mod.)?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I got the cover below in black, white, blue, purple and red and they are very easy to remove and fit and they make the 925 even nicer to hold but more importantly it makes it less slippery in the hand. Not the best protection from a fall but I don't like bulk on my phones if I must have a cover on it.

Super Slim Ultra Thin Hard Case Cover Accessory For Nokia Lumia 925 | eBay

I would doubt that you will get a cover that fits with the wireless charging cover attached as it is a cover in itself.

I also bought the case below but I don't like it that much and it is very hard to fit and remove but it does give great protection but at the same time it hides the phone completely from view.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2391231

Last edited:

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Check this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...fit-925-wireless-charging-shell-attached.html
I have that style for a 521 and it is thin and has the lip to cover the screen. The back is thick enough to protect the camera hump and another member has said the holster part will work with the charging cover. I did a photo review of the 521 version of this case. http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-521/234868-new-case.html
This case is available for $11.34 on T-Mobile right now. I ordered one of these last night and a different flip case that is due in tonight. Give me a few days and I will photo review both cases.

weaksauce27

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Another alternative is just putting on a skin or decal. If your not feeling any of the designs they offer clear protection ones so at least you'll be able to expose the nakedness (if that is a word) and have some kind of protection.

The_Guest_Who

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I've got my 925 in the Wireless Charging Shell (in red), paired with a Skinomi Techskin screen protector. So far, the charging shell adds only a slight bit more girth - it's not nearly as noticeable in daily use compared to what I've read online. It also adds a tiny bit of a ridge to the side of the phone, eliminating the "bar of soap" feeling that the naked aluminum exudes. Given this, it makes the phone far less prone to dropping... which covers the whole point of a protective cover in the first place! :wink:
The Skinomi TechSkin protector... It's the only screen protector that I've found that flows cleanly over the curved side of the glass, without rippling up. The whole debate on screen protector vs. naked glass was already covered in the Nokia Icon article from a few days ago - bottom line, if you live in an area that has silicate dust/debris (sand!) in the air, like the southwest US, the Gorilla Glass screen will get fine, noticeable scratches on the screen. Those drive me nuts; the TechSkin self-heals to an extent and the fine scratches go away. When it gets scratched to the point of being noticeable, I replace the skin and go about my business - not so easy to do the glass itself. It's a little sacrifice, since the TPU doesn't feel as nice as the glass, but the glass will last just that much longer.
To carry the phone, I just use a generic leather side-holster/pouch that I used with my Nexus 4 - the Nexus is a slight bit bigger than the 925, but with the charging Shell attached, it fits nicely.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Incipio feather cases are my absolute favorite. I have one in cyan for my 925 and in cyan and pink for my 920. Amazon.com: Incipio Feather Slim Case for Nokia Lumia 925 - Retail Packaging - Cyan: Cell Phones & Accessories - you can find them in pink, black or white as well. What I love about these cases is they're so slim and don't make the phone bulky, but they add good grip.

Then, there's also this one that I really like (available in other colors as well) that's really cheap: Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 925 Hybrid Rubberised Back Cover Case (Solid Purple): Cell Phones & Accessories - I don't actually own this case yet, but I recommended a friend to it and he loves it.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Incipio feather cases are my absolute favorite. I have one in cyan for my 925 and in cyan and pink for my 920. Amazon.com: Incipio Feather Slim Case for Nokia Lumia 925 - Retail Packaging - Cyan: Cell Phones & Accessories - you can find them in pink, black or white as well. What I love about these cases is they're so slim and don't make the phone bulky, but they add good grip.

Then, there's also this one that I really like (available in other colors as well) that's really cheap: Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 925 Hybrid Rubberised Back Cover Case (Solid Purple): Cell Phones & Accessories - I don't actually own this case yet, but I recommended a friend to it and he loves it.

The second one you linked is the same as the one I linked up above, I also had them on my Xperia Z and Z1 and I love them but I would like a cyan one to match the touch cover on my Surface RT

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been debating between the feather case and the Terrapin one. The Incipio feather is more pricey, but is it safe to assume that its of higher quality?

ATT has the aqua blue one on sale for $10 if anyone is interested, I'm personally not a fan of that color(Incipio Aqua Blue Feather Shell Case - Nokia Lumia 925).

T-Mobile has three different cases for 50% of with an additional 25% off accessories coupon code(HEART25) there about $10-15.
I'm debating with myself about the snap case....there's a T-mobile store two mins away so I might end up buying it in the next hour or so......(Nokia Lumia 925 D3O® Impact Snap Case with Cover - Black | T-Mobile)

They also have this d30 case which looks like it has good protection, but it also looks kind of bulky & a little unappealing: Nokia Lumia 925 D3O® Impact Shell - Smoke | T-Mobile

Then there' s the body glove case: (Nokia Lumia 925 Body Glove Fusion with DuraStand Case - White & Charcoal | T-Mobile) I used one of these on my 810, and the protection was so good I couldn't feel my phone when it vibrated. I could only hear it(seriously), but it just added more bulk to the brick shaped 810, and I'm not a fan of bulk.

Vindies37

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I got 2 cases...

Capdase
WP_20140308_09_07_17_Pro.jpg

Nillkin
WP_20140308_09_07_56_Pro.jpg

overall i love the finish and craftsmanship of the capdase but i guess the protection given by the nillkin case is way better. I got the nillkin in black as well as the red one is my wife's... :)

spizzlee

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been debating between the feather case and the Terrapin one. The Incipio feather is more pricey, but is it safe to assume that its of higher quality?

ATT has the aqua blue one on sale for $10 if anyone is interested, I'm personally not a fan of that color(Incipio Aqua Blue Feather Shell Case - Nokia Lumia 925).

T-Mobile has three different cases for 50% of with an additional 25% off accessories coupon code(HEART25) there about $10-15.
I'm debating with myself about the snap case....there's a T-mobile store two mins away so I might end up buying it in the next hour or so......(Nokia Lumia 925 D3O® Impact Snap Case with Cover - Black | T-Mobile)

They also have this d30 case which looks like it has good protection, but it also looks kind of bulky & a little unappealing: Nokia Lumia 925 D3O® Impact Shell - Smoke | T-Mobile

Then there' s the body glove case: (Nokia Lumia 925 Body Glove Fusion with DuraStand Case - White & Charcoal | T-Mobile) I used one of these on my 810, and the protection was so good I couldn't feel my phone when it vibrated. I could only hear it(seriously), but it just added more bulk to the brick shaped 810, and I'm not a fan of bulk.

Isn't the Aqua Blue color the same as the Cyan? I think it just looks brighter on the ATT website. Or is the Feather Slim different than the Feather Shell :p

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
It looks a lot lighter than the cyan I had on my 810, I don't like it. I want either a black or white case for this phone.

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I got 2 cases...

Capdase
View attachment 58971

Nillkin
View attachment 58972

overall i love the finish and craftsmanship of the capdase but i guess the protection given by the nillkin case is way better. I got the nillkin in black as well as the red one is my wife's... :)
The wireless charging cells on the back of the nilkin case are open right? If so, do you thing I could clip the wireless charging shell to the back on top of the case?

Vindies37

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
The wireless charging cells on the back of the nilkin case are open right? If so, do you thing I could clip the wireless charging shell to the back on top of the case?

nope. you wont be able to since it needs to cling on the body and the back cover protection is already doing that. and besides the pin might be too short to get contact with the points. On the capdase though, i think id try to remove the plastic part and replace it with the shell. the challenge would be to separate the plastic and the main cover it self then sticking the cover back to the wireless charging shell.... writing it is tricky enough...doing it would be worst i guess...lol

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I don't like the idea of switching my cases out to charge my phone...I'd use the charging case alone if it covered the slippery sides of the phone....

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 925 cases

K
Just received moments ago.

WP_20140324_11_56_59_Pro.jpg
WP_20140324_12_01_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20140324_12_01_39_Pro.jpg

Paid 18 bucks USD.
A little high for this type of case.
Well made however.

Would have gotten white if available I like green tho ...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 925 cases

I paid $13.55 for my cyan Incipio feather case. Got it from Amazon and it's the only case I have for my 925 at the moment. Really happy with it!

Photo on 2014-03-24 at 15.52.jpg

Photo on 2014-03-24 at 15.52 #2.jpg

P.S.: Sorry the pics are backward; I took them with Photo Booth on my Mac.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I paid $13.55 for my cyan Incipio feather case. Got it from Amazon and it's the only case I have for my 925 at the moment. Really happy with it!

View attachment 60335

View attachment 60336

P.S.: Sorry the pics are backward; I took them with Photo Booth on my Mac.

Yours looks really good on there.

Incipio makes nice cases.

I'll most likely get one of those too Lol ...
Still waiting on a Fosman case from Amazon also.

Sometimes I think these rubber surround with hard shell cases are trashing my wifi signal at home.
Just noticed I'm not on wifi calling sitting next the router after slipping this case on there.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Got the Fosman case today.
Almost forgot it was coming it took so long.

Glad it didn't cost a lot ... I can see why they are being closed out.
Dirt\debri magnet and not any better than any other multi-piece case.
Very clunky removes all elegance from the 925's looks.

Great protection for the clumsy such as meself however.

WP_20140329_21_14_22_Pro.jpg.JPG
Side buttons are flat.
A little tough to feel for.

WP_20140327_21_14_22_Pro.jpg.JPG
WP_20140328_21_14_22_Pro.jpg.JPG

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Got the Fosman case today.
Almost forgot it was coming it took so long.

Glad it didn't cost a lot ... I can see why they are being closed out.
Dirt\debri magnet and not any better than any other multi-piece case.
Very clunky removes all elegance from the 925's looks.

Great protection for the clumsy such as meself however.

View attachment 60725
Side buttons are flat.
A little tough to feel for.

View attachment 60726
View attachment 60727

Wow! That thing is like a tank! Looks like it's a soft rubbery material like the first case I got for my 920 (Incipio Dual Pro in black).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb