How change MP in camera?

JorgeHS

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I have my new lumia 925 phone, and I am investigatin about the Camera.

Is possible to change the Megapixels in the camera application?, I don't see an option for this. I have the standard camera application (Nokia Camera).

What are the resolution in MP that this program take the photos? How I can change it? (if I want to take a photo with 1, 3, or 8 MP??)

I need another program for this? someone can recommend another one?

Thank you in advance to all!

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
This option is only available on higher quality camera devices, such as the 1020, 1520 and the Lumia ICON. The only reason you change it on those devices is due to the over sampling technology they use. Because the Lumia 925 doesn't feature a high enough megapixel count for over sampling to make a meaningful difference: it features no such options.

Don't bother seeking such things out. Oversampling just isn't worth it on a camera of this quality. That's nit to say it's a bad camera: far from it. It just means that to set it to any lower MP count would just waste the camera's potential.

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, used to be able to change it. But it looks like the option was taken away. I've been using a 920 for the past year and a bit and there was an option previously to use different MP. Or am I just going crazy?

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, used to be able to change it. But it looks like the option was taken away. I've been using a 920 for the past year and a bit and there was an option previously to use different MP. Or am I just going crazy?

Dunno. I've only ever used a Lumia 1020 and a Lumia 520. And while I love the 520 for its price, I've genuinely never used the camera, because I always have my 1020 right on stand-by... (520's are so cheap, I literally bought one just to play with and so I can use it in situations where I don't want to risk my precious 1020).

Vindies37

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
for nokia camera the aspect ratio 16:9 uses 7MP while 4:3 uses 8MP if im not mistaken...other apps like oneshot allows you to save in lower resolutions/aspect ratio

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

i thought i had that option too (920) - I went looking for it just now and couldn't find it. are WE going crazy?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills