So, I just got a 925 and naturally, I wanted to experiment with low light. It's being highly advertised anyway and it really works for some people..
    My pictures, however are blurry. Even if I hold the phone steady, it just turns out blurry. So I'm probably doing something wrong here.

Can you please share your preferred settings for good low light pictures? I'm using Nokia Camera.

Thanks.
    03-12-2014 03:33 PM
    I haven't taken low light photos with my 925 yet, but I've taken many with my 920. Usually, all I do is turn off flash and voile!
    03-12-2014 03:47 PM
    My low light tips using Nokia camera are:

-use dedicated camera button in landscape (helps prevent blur)

-use longer exposure times to gather "more light".

-I use "Infiniti" focus because it activates ois full time and the full picture is in focus. This is good taking pictures of objects or ppl that aren't close to you.

Also the tutorial gives great tips on this too.
    03-12-2014 03:59 PM
    Used ISO 800 and 4 seconds of exposure time. Focus also set on infinity. While the lighting is nice, the pictures turn out blurry or shaken.. Does it take a really steady, close to still hand to take these pictures?
    03-12-2014 04:02 PM
    The longest time I've taken a picture and not recieced blur (most of times) is 1.5s. I still get them at that time, but I usually manage. OIS is useless with times greater than that. You just can't be perfectly steady in that place for that time.
    03-12-2014 04:09 PM
    Have you removed the plastic covering from the lens, and if so, have you cleaned the lens?
    03-13-2014 02:52 AM
    Have you removed the plastic covering from the lens, and if so, have you cleaned the lens?
    It's not my first phone, bud. Though, thank you for your input. The phone came in one plastic protective sleeve, nothing else to peel off, etc.
    03-13-2014 03:05 AM
    Also, try setting the focus to auto. Then use the native camera app with the scene set to auto.
    Wael Hasno likes this.
    03-13-2014 03:08 AM
    I was just trying to help. Sometimes we overlook the obvious, especially with the "thrill" of receiving a new device.
    Wael Hasno likes this.
    03-13-2014 03:10 AM
    I was just trying to help. Sometimes we overlook the obvious, especially with the "thrill" of receiving a new device.
    In no way I was trying to sound ungrateful. I appreciate your input and I'll be trying the native camera method when it gets darker. There sure are a bunch of settings to play with. Can't expect a phone to do all the work for us.
    03-13-2014 03:15 AM
    ]It's not my first phone, bud. Though, thank you for your input. The phone came in one plastic protective sleeve, nothing else to peel off, etc.
    Was yours used or refurbished? My new one came in a sleeve AND with a clear strip over the camera.

How did you know his name is Bud?
    03-13-2014 09:45 AM
    Was yours used or refurbished? My new one came in a sleeve AND with a clear strip over the camera.

How did you know his name is Bud?
    Certainly not. Brand new in a sealed box. If there is a strip on th camera it must be damn thin cause I can't see it.

Also, bud is an abbreviation foe buddy, right?
    03-13-2014 10:04 AM
    Take a look through this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/gui...Bguide%5D.html it might help you understand why you're getting the results you are and how to improve them.
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-13-2014 02:22 PM
    4 seconds is WAYYY too long, this means you have to hold the camera absolutely still for 4 seconds, nearly impossible without tripod. The high iso would also create extra noise. Typically I take my pictures in low light with just normal setting (aka not changing anything from default). It also helps that there's still some sort of light source in the environment if the subject is too dark, (doesn't have to be in the frame but some amount of light overall, perhaps a street lamp in the distance, etc). As someone else suggested, using the physical button also helps.
    obakir likes this.
    03-19-2014 04:13 PM
    if its a long exposure i suggest you use the timer to avoid having camera shake. using the physical button could contribute to cam shake and blur the image. set the timer to 2 sec delay then make sure you rest your hands on something solid and hit the button. if your on manual controls make sure you set the ISO setting to the lowest you can use.
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-19-2014 05:54 PM
    Used ISO 800 and 4 seconds of exposure time. Focus also set on infinity.
    That is a very long exposure. Pics will be definitely blur due to shake and probably over exposed too, even at night.
    Heck, I once took 2 second night shot and it was really bright
    03-21-2014 11:46 AM