No ID on incoming calls

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've searched for this, if it's been asked and answered, please accept my apologies.

When people in my contacts call my phone, the 925 on T mo, doesn't always give me the name. The number will be there, but not the name. I thought it was happening because I didn't put the area code in for all my local contact, but I reentered all the numbers with area codes and it still happens.

Anyone know why?

Thanks

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
here in Canada on Rogers you actually have to pay extra for call display on your plan to show the name, otherwise the number just show.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
here in Canada on Rogers you actually have to pay extra for call display on your plan to show the name, otherwise the number just show.
Are you talking about for all incoming calls (like a landline caller id screen), or are you saying your phone won't match up it's address book to the call coming in?
OP clearly stated they have t-mobile. Caller ID is a standard feature (at least for contacts you've saved to your phone or to linked accounts). I've had the same happen, and it resolved itself once I restarted the phone.

barbaram

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I don't know how to explain clearly. John calls from the only number I have for him (I don't know if it's land or cell) that number is in my contacts with his name and the area code and everything. what displays on the phone is his number, not his name. But for other people, the name will show up. It's very distressing.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I've seen it do that, if say, "john" has his number saved in my phone as 123-456-7890 but his caller id comes through as +1-123-456-7890, technically the same number, but registers differently. I've also seen it ignore numbers if it's saved as (123)456-7890 instead of 123-456-7890
I would try to save that number under his name again, and see if that helps, it might just be how the number is formatted from his carrier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3