Cell reception vs phone case

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Today I was sending a text with a photo attached. This is a rare thing for me. To send the photo I turned off the wifi calling and saw that I had no service. I was quite surprised because T-Mobile did something in my area a few months ago and I now usually get 2-3 bars of 4g in and around my house. I almost don't need the wifi calling anymore. So I walked around the house and outside to check the signal and NO Service anywhere.

I put the sim in my 521 and 2-3 bars of 4g everywhere Now what??....... I put the sim back in the 925 and I had 1-2 bars of 2E and now I am thinking bad things about my 925. I pulled my case off for no particular reason and bingo 2-3 bars of 4g. DO NOT buy this case: https://www.t-mobile.com/accessories/nokia-lumia-925-shellholster-combination-black.html because it is opaque cell signals. I wonder if this is why it is on sale now?

I put this case back on and no problems. Buy Mozo flip cover for Nokia Lumia 925 - Microsoft Store

I had not noticed that I had lost service with the T-Mobile case because the wifi calling works so well..............stupid problem of the day.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
That is the exact case I have on mine. I have not noticed a difference in signal with or without it. That plastic/rubbery material should be invisible to the radio waves. What I do notice sometimes is that when switching from roaming and tmobile, or moving from wifi calling to 2g or 4g, there is up to a few minutes where it says "no signal" but I can still make calls, or the phone will ring. I chalk it up to the polling time for the signal indicator not being "real time", and there actually being service, even when it polled between services.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess I have to eat my words now. I put the case back on and everything is fine. When I pulled the case off before the reception literally jumped from 1 bar of 2E to 3 of 4G. Maybe pulling the sim reset something and it kicked in at that instant. I should have performed a better experiment before shooting my mouth off.:sweaty:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney