Estimated battery time remaining doesn't go above 23 hours

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I updated my Lumia 925 with the black update in January. Before update whenever the battery is fully charged (100%), the estimated remaining time used to show something like 1 day and 15 hours. But after the update even it shows charged 100% the estimated remaining time is shown as 23 hours. Is there any problem with my device or is it common.

Kindly do reply. Thanking you all in advance for your time and replies.

deepsp

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi

this is common on Lumias 920, 925 and 1020.

Battery meter is very unreliable on these phones.

Thank you Spriteman. I thought there is some kind of problem with my device. If, as you said battery meter reliability is true, then that certainly follows the windows tradition of "showing 30 mins to copy a 20 gb file where as the copying might finish within 15 mins or may be more than 30 mins.

Spriteman

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi

You can try this :
Use your phone until battery is 10 %
reboot your phone (power off and on)
Battery sometimes jump from 10 % to 50 % (and more)

It does that everyday on my 920.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
its trying to predict how long it'll last with normal usage I believe
my 920 would last a lot longer than the 15 hours estimate if I left it alone

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
And battery estimate is based on your usage pattern. Suppose, you were draining your battery(by using the phone heavily) within 10 hours of charge, then the estimate battery remaining will plot down, will start showing you 10-12hours. Instead of whats the actual battery capacity(strength)!!! So please dont consider the estimate as the final yardstick. It's totally unreliable. You can install battery apps to see if there's any significant battery % per hour which points toward a rogue app or you're using some background data app. This's better than looking at the estimate battery time. Battery app can also warn you if there's something sucking your battery without your knowledge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes