Hey guys,
    I recently bought a brand new sealed lumia 925 in the USA (in 2014) locked to AT&T(GSM). Last month, I had unlocked it for use in India using an unlock code i bought online from a reliable website. I just saw recently on the AT&T website that phones unlocked after 2013 Jan are not to be unlocked and it is a punishable offense according to the USA government. I was not informed of this by the website i bought the unlock code from nor did i realize because i have been seeing people having their phones unlocked everyday. So my query is wheather there will be any future problems involving the future software updates/fixes or any risk of the phone getting locked like on old iphones( like 3g). Please share your thoughts on this issue :)

NOTE : The phone is going to be used in India only
    It is a legit product bought on ebay in a brand new sealed box
    It doesnt have a corrupt IMEI, wasnt hardlocked or anything like that
    03-24-2014 12:55 AM
    Hey guys,
    I recently bought a brand new sealed lumia 925 in the USA (in 2014) locked to AT&T(GSM). Last month, I had unlocked it for use in India using an unlock code i bought online from a reliable website. I just saw recently on the AT&T website that phones unlocked after 2013 Jan are not to be unlocked and it is a punishable offense according to the USA government. I was not informed of this by the website i bought the unlock code from nor did i realize because i have been seeing people having their phones unlocked everyday. So my query is wheather there will be any future problems involving the future software updates/fixes or any risk of the phone getting locked like on old iphones( like 3g). Please share your thoughts on this issue :)

NOTE : The phone is going to be used in India only
    It is a legit product bought on ebay in a brand new sealed box
    It doesnt have a corrupt IMEI, wasnt hardlocked or anything like that
    Hi and welcome to WPCentral.

Did your unlock code successfully work?

​If it did, you should not have any trouble using your device. It will not get locked again if it was indeed successfully unlocked, and you would not have any legal troubles.
    03-24-2014 01:02 AM
    yes it did, Thanks :) Relieved !
    03-24-2014 10:51 AM
    Hi,

Which website did you use to get the unlock code.

Regards,
    Rohit
    04-25-2014 08:02 AM