Issues on an unlocked lumia 925

GOKULKRISHNA

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I recently bought a brand new sealed lumia 925 in the USA (in 2014) locked to AT&T(GSM). Last month, I had unlocked it for use in India using an unlock code i bought online from a reliable website. I just saw recently on the AT&T website that phones unlocked after 2013 Jan are not to be unlocked and it is a punishable offense according to the USA government. I was not informed of this by the website i bought the unlock code from nor did i realize because i have been seeing people having their phones unlocked everyday. So my query is wheather there will be any future problems involving the future software updates/fixes or any risk of the phone getting locked like on old iphones( like 3g). Please share your thoughts on this issue :)

NOTE : The phone is going to be used in India only
It is a legit product bought on ebay in a brand new sealed box
It doesnt have a corrupt IMEI, wasnt hardlocked or anything like that

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I recently bought a brand new sealed lumia 925 in the USA (in 2014) locked to AT&T(GSM). Last month, I had unlocked it for use in India using an unlock code i bought online from a reliable website. I just saw recently on the AT&T website that phones unlocked after 2013 Jan are not to be unlocked and it is a punishable offense according to the USA government. I was not informed of this by the website i bought the unlock code from nor did i realize because i have been seeing people having their phones unlocked everyday. So my query is wheather there will be any future problems involving the future software updates/fixes or any risk of the phone getting locked like on old iphones( like 3g). Please share your thoughts on this issue :)

NOTE : The phone is going to be used in India only
It is a legit product bought on ebay in a brand new sealed box
It doesnt have a corrupt IMEI, wasnt hardlocked or anything like that
Hi and welcome to WPCentral.

Did your unlock code successfully work?

​If it did, you should not have any trouble using your device. It will not get locked again if it was indeed successfully unlocked, and you would not have any legal troubles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750