Is T-Mobile Lumia 925 EOL?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Random off topic question: does anyone here use the wireless charging shells? I bought one recently and it works with my unlocked international model 925, but not the t-mobile branded one I bought through newegg two weeks ago. Both 925s I have are running Lumia black.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Random off topic question: does anyone here use the wireless charging shells? I bought one recently and it works with my unlocked international model 925, but not the t-mobile branded one I bought through newegg two weeks ago. Both 925s I have are running Lumia black.

I have a red wireless charging shell and it's never given me problems with my T-Mobile 925.

Wacky_Packy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
The 925 is a great phone. If the phone does what you want it to do, no need to worry about EOL. It's the end of support that is the concern as it related to updates. :)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The 925 is a great phone. If the phone does what you want it to do, no need to worry about EOL. It's the end of support that is the concern as it related to updates. :)

Actually, EOL is important. Here's why, what if you're like me where you updated your 925, the wireless charging feature is important to you but you're out of warranty and cannot get the phone replaced? Or a more concrete example, I can think of MANY a folk who owned Focus S and Titan 1s with the disappearing keyboard bug that was fixed by MSFT but AT&T never really released the update on time to address it.

If you buy a phone from a carrier, these days part of the service is now expected to be at least update the thing for the length of time it is eligible for as laid out by the OS provider. Don't pull support because the phone didn't sell.

Look at all the 810 uses who got screwed. They don't get Lumia Black or Update 3 so no improved multitasking, etc. And they probably won't get 8.1, which means no apps to SD which is a huge improvement to make the 8GB internal actually functional. So sorry, i have to disagree with you on that one. EOL can have nasty consequences, especially for carrier variants.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Guess it is official - it will get 8.1 at least. It is better to be a 925 or 521 user on t-mo than a 810 user, since that phone has been EOL since 1 year and Amber in August is its last update...

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Guess it is official - it will get 8.1 at least. It is better to be a 925 or 521 user on t-mo than a 810 user, since that phone has been EOL since 1 year and Amber in August is its last update...

And then there are those of us (810 users) who never got the Amber update. After waiting 6 months I decided to go through dev preview to get Amber on my L810. I know Tmo has confirmed that they will update the L925 & L521 to 8.1, but I'll believe it when I see it. I've been burnt way too many times by Tmo going back 3 phones.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
And then there are those of us (810 users) who never got the Amber update. After waiting 6 months I decided to go through dev preview to get Amber on my L810. I know Tmo has confirmed that they will update the L925 & L521 to 8.1, but I'll believe it when I see it. I've been burnt way too many times by Tmo going back 3 phones.

the 925 and 521 will get 8.1 cause both devices sold well enough for t-mo to continue to support it. I feel your pain, as I'm an ex 810 owner (bought mine in late Nov 2012). Lagare wouldn't dare go on stage and spew them updating both those models and it was a farce. The PR damage from a PR junkie like Lagare would be suicidal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99