05-15-2014 11:15 PM
120 1234 ...
tools
    I just received my Lumia 925 from HSN and the phone was sealed with the sim card inside the phone's box.
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-31-2014 02:48 PM
    I got mine from HSN yesterday.WOW poor packaging.
    the shipping box itself was badly taped up, you could peer into the box
    The sticker was already cut.
    The phone box was half open.
    The car charger was out of his packaging...

The phone looks brand new , but this has to be the worst packaging of a so called brand new item ive ever received from a retailer.

I like the phone alot, coming from Ios and andriod. wp8 is refreshing and something different.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-01-2014 10:42 AM
    I got mine from HSN yesterday.WOW poor packaging.
    the shipping box itself was badly taped up, you could peer into the box
    The sticker was already cut.
    The phone box was half open.
    The car charger was out of his packaging...

The phone looks brand new , but this has to be the worst packaging of a so called brand new item ive ever received from a retailer.

I like the phone alot, coming from Ios and andriod. wp8 is refreshing and something different.
    My packaging was exactly the same except it sounds like my shipping boxes may have been taped up a little better than yours. But, my boxes had absolutely no packaging material in them at all. So the phone boxes could easily slide around inside the shipping box.

Searching around the web I found some people who posted that they ordered from Newegg and a place called ShopHQ and they were saying the exact same things that we are. They had the exact same poor packaging and the T-Mobile seal was cut on their phone boxes. So I'm pretty well convinced that all of these phones are coming from the same source and I think that source is Simply Wireless.

I'm pretty sure that both of my phones were brand new and never used. The only thing I'm not sure about is why they are cutting the T-Mobile seals.
    04-01-2014 11:57 AM
    I received mine about an hour ago. The seal on the T-Mobile box was not broken. The battery was drained. I have it going, it's working good so far, 0 talk time. It was pretty hot near the top for a bit. Is that normal? I'm coming from an 8X.
    04-01-2014 01:44 PM

I did find something that may be useful. Apparently the phone has the equivalent of a cars odometer called a "Lifetime Counter". If you type ##634# into the dial pad it will bring up a screen that gives you the Lifetime Counter along with some other info. The Lifetime Counter shows the total amount of talk time the phone has ever had. I did this with both of my phones and one had a total of 1:47 (1 hour 47 minutes) and the other 3:12. I logged into my T-Mobile account and added up the total amount of hours/minutes each phone has been used to talk since I activated them and it adds up to these two figures exactly. From what I've read the phones Lifetime Counter cannot be reset. You can use this to tell if your phone has been used in the past. It looks my my two phones have never been activated/used so I guess they are both new.
    Interesting also shows the color of your phone
    04-01-2014 02:01 PM
    Ya, mine had zero talk time on it before I started using the phone and the phone did look brand new. I'm guessing they open the box to check the contents.
    04-01-2014 02:17 PM
    Mind has White and 00:00:00...still haven't used it as a phone.
    04-01-2014 02:35 PM
    I got my 925 from Newegg but just noticed on its box that it too is from July 16, 2013. Never noticed anything saying "Simply Wireless," though(??).
    04-01-2014 03:36 PM
    I got my 925 from Newegg but just noticed on its box that it too is from July 16, 2013. Never noticed anything saying "Simply Wireless," though(??).
    You wouldn't. As mentioned, it doesn't appear on the box, packing slip, shipping label or in anonymous tracking (the kind anyone can do with the tracking number).

But if you have an account with the shipping company you can see additional information about packages going to you such as the address it will be delivered to and more information about where it is coming from. That information goes away after delivery, so you have to see it while its in transit.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    04-02-2014 09:52 AM
    I also ordered from HSN, but my unit came sealed with Sim card inside. Oddly it came with some generic car charger and ear buds. I'm new to WP8 after many years on Android, have to say very refreshing and beautiful phone so far.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    04-05-2014 01:51 AM
    Will this T-Mobile 925 work with AT&T LTE bands? I saw the 4G bands are the same, but what about LTE? Anything else that I should I know about differences between the 2 models?
    04-05-2014 02:58 PM
    Will this T-Mobile 925 work with AT&T LTE bands? I saw the 4G bands are the same, but what about LTE? Anything else that I should I know about differences between the 2 models?
    It should work on AT&T, including LTE, but you'd need to get it unlocked. Of course, the only other real difference is that it's white whereas the AT&T 925 is black.
    04-05-2014 03:15 PM
    anyone purchased HSN protection plan?
    It's only $26, I'd rather get protection plan and skip the case.
    04-06-2014 04:45 PM
    Finally got my Lumia 925 from HSN. It came sealed. The sim card and the box had the same serial so OP should check if they match. Battery on mine was dead as well. Can't wait to set up this phone.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-06-2014 11:21 PM
    I think they are dead because they are old phones made last year.

When I say old I mean made a long time ago.
    04-07-2014 10:56 AM
    I was going to place my order on HSN and stopped once I saw this thread .
    Emailed HSN customer service and they are saying that unless it mentions on there site . Items are brand new not refurbished ..

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-07-2014 11:36 AM
    I ordered mine on 9th expected delivery on 19th. 10 days is a long time for a delivery.
    04-10-2014 09:09 AM
    I ordered mine on 9th expected delivery on 19th. 10 days is a long time for a delivery.
    That's crazy! My 925 from Newegg came a day after I ordered it.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-10-2014 05:23 PM
    I bought the Lumia 925 from HSN too and got it yesterday. The seal was cut as well which I thought was quite odd but since I had a cracked HTC 8x, I was eager just to set up my new 925. Everything works well, I had a LOT of updates though which I figured would happen. The date of the box is July 22, 2013. Awesome phone and loving the exclusive apps for Nokia, which I didn't get because I was rocking a HTC 8x before.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-10-2014 09:13 PM
    That's crazy! My 925 from Newegg came a day after I ordered it.
    I found out I can upgrade shpping through ups so i did it. lol saturday delivery!
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-10-2014 10:57 PM
    Can some one tell me what is Build Creation Date? If you go to setting -> extras + info -> More Info.
    You will see the Manufacturer Name, Mobile operator,,,,,and last one is the Build Creation Date. Is that the date when phone is made?
    Mine said 1/23/2014, it is not the same as on the outside of phone box (july/2013).
    Just Wonder!
    04-11-2014 01:30 PM
    Can some one tell me what is Build Creation Date? If you go to setting -> extras + info -> More Info.
    You will see the Manufacturer Name, Mobile operator,,,,,and last one is the Build Creation Date. Is that the date when phone is made?
    Mine said 1/23/2014, it is not the same as on the outside of phone box (july/2013).
    Just Wonder!
    Does the IMEI number on the phone and box match? If not then send it back.
    04-11-2014 03:05 PM
    I will check when I get home this evening. I have this phone close to 3 weeks, not sure if I can return it anymore.
    04-11-2014 03:36 PM
    My Lumia 925 arrived from HSN today and showed-up in fine condition. Delivery took longer than I would like but it was free...I just wish there were other shipping options available with HSN. My phone also came from Simply Wireless but the external box was in good condition, the actual box of the L925 was fine (security seal still intact), and the generic car power charger and headphones were also included in the shipping box. The IMEI numbers on the box, phone and SIM tray all matched (the SIM tray was still in the phone, not loose in the box) and the phone didn't have any talk time logged. The phone booted right into Nokia Black (a total surprise but then the date on the box was 20 Feb 2014) and it had about 15% power left. The installation of WP8.1 went fine and I'm just now waiting for the unlock code so I can use it with Aio Wireless. I'm really happy to have this phone back (I traded it in for the L1020 a while ago) ... now to load some apps on it!
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-14-2014 07:55 PM
    I finally got mine today (no thanks to UPS' amazing delays...) I can't say I'd order from HSN again, certainly more of a fan of Amazon than ever but the phone is here, box was sealed, and did the little ##634# trick and no one had used it previously. Very nice phone, I'm impressed how far windows phone has come since I tried a HTC Arrive on Sprint :)
    Guytronic and metalchick719 like this.
    04-21-2014 06:30 PM
120 1234 ...