05-15-2014 11:15 PM
120 12345
tools
    Can I ask, why are you guys ordering the 925 from HSN when you can get it from NewEgg brand new for $199?
    Newegg.com - Nokia Lumia 925 T-Mobile 4G LTE No Contract Smart Phone
    04-22-2014 12:47 PM
    Can I ask, why are you guys ordering the 925 from HSN when you can get it from NewEgg brand new for $199?
    Some ordered it from Newegg (I did, but it was $250 when I got it), some are getting it from HSN. These are all brand new phones, though, not refurbished, so I think it's good regardless of which source people ordered from.
    AbsoluteZerow likes this.
    04-22-2014 01:18 PM
    I am wondering if NewEgg would have been a better experience. I ordered my 925 from HSN three weeks ago and still waiting for delivery. I have a case and screen protectors waiting to be installed!! HSN showed my order as "processing" for over a week until I sent an email to them an email asking if it was back ordered. The shipment is coming out of Baltimore and sat in Illinois for several days. I will not order from HSN again.
    04-22-2014 04:42 PM
    I am wondering if NewEgg would have been a better experience. <snip>
    Hmmm...
    That long of a wait is certainly unacceptable.

The phone from Newegg was 7 days for me from a 2nd party seller (Simply Wireless) East coast to California.
    7 days included 1 day processing and a weekend.
    The item was shipped FedEx Smart post (who usually takes their sweet time getting packages to me)

No way to cancel from HSN and order from Newegg in the mean time then?
    04-22-2014 05:16 PM
    Hmmm...
    That long of a wait is certainly unacceptable.

The phone from Newegg was 7 days for me from a 2nd party seller (Simply Wireless) East coast to California.
    7 days included 1 day processing and a weekend.
    The item was shipped FedEx Smart post (who usually takes their sweet time getting packages to me)

No way to cancel from HSN and order from Newegg in the mean time then?
    HSN only allows you to cancel while your order says processing. It should be here this week. The email they sent me was an obvious cut and paste response from customer service. I suggest anyone is looking to order one of these phones.....stay away from HSN.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-22-2014 05:24 PM
    I am wondering if NewEgg would have been a better experience. I ordered my 925 from HSN three weeks ago and still waiting for delivery. I have a case and screen protectors waiting to be installed!! HSN showed my order as "processing" for over a week until I sent an email to them an email asking if it was back ordered. The shipment is coming out of Baltimore and sat in Illinois for several days. I will not order from HSN again.
    Hard to say if it would have been better because both HSN and Newegg orders were being handled by Simply Wireless. So if the problem was BEFORE Simply Wireless got the order, it might have gone better with Newegg. But if the problem happened AFTER Simply Wireless got the order, it would make no difference.

I am curious if Simply Wireless is still involved after the old stock was gone. Simply Wireless was shipping phones manufactured in July 2013 for a long time. But recent posts say they got phones made in Feb of 2014. If those are still coming from Simply Wireless it will provide clues as to why and how Simply Wireless came to be the source for the 925s Newegg and HSN were selling.
    04-22-2014 05:31 PM
    For $199 I'm tempted to buy one as a spare. Wouldn't hurt to have 2 of these. One spare. Battery gets low on one just switch sim to fully charged spare. lol ....
    04-22-2014 05:43 PM
    Some possible reasons:

HSN lets buyers make no interest monthly payments of $49.xx.
    HSN seems to throw in ear pieces or other trivial bonuses.
    HSN gives 15% off for new customers making a 925 $169.xx (unless some fine print excludes the phone from that offer).
    04-22-2014 05:51 PM
    For $199 I'm tempted to buy one as a spare. Wouldn't hurt to have 2 of these. One spare. Battery gets low on one just switch sim to fully charged spare. lol ....
    2 is always nice.
    This is cheaper tho Power add back-up
    I have the older 12000 mah one using it when biking, camping out away from the car for extended periods.

Sorry for the thread deflection.
    mark233 likes this.
    04-22-2014 05:56 PM
    Just in case you don't know, the 925 is not the easiest phone to swap SIMs for. The SIM goes in a tray that is ejected from the top of the phone with a tiny tool that comes with the phone. I suspect the right diameter wire would work. Don't know if a paper clip would work. The SIM lays on the back side of the tray, so if you eject the tray with the phone facing up, the SIM will fall out. The SIM also has a tendency to want to shift in the tray as its being inserted which could lead to something breaking if it shifts and too much force is applied. I don't think it would change someone's choice but if they swap SIMS a lot it might be.
    04-22-2014 05:58 PM
    I'm used to switching the SIM. I alter back and forth from my 925 and 521. It was a bit tricky at first, but I know never to force anything. A smaller paper clip works well for opening the SIM tray .... if I don't have the OEM key with me.
    04-22-2014 06:09 PM
    @Guytronic ----- I just ordered that. Thanks a lot!
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-22-2014 06:14 PM
    @Guytronic ----- I just ordered that. Thanks a lot!
    I want one now...
    mark233 likes this.
    04-22-2014 06:16 PM
    I got a 925 for my dad from HSN and it came sealed and the phone looked brand new, it even had the factory screen protector that tells you where things are and was in the hard plastic from the factory as well. It was up to date with updates. The only thing I found odd was that there was a sticker with the phone's IMEI number on the back of the phone and inside the phone box which was sealed was a sheet of about 5 stickers that had a barcode and the phone's IMEI.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-23-2014 02:36 AM
    HSN has a better return policy
    04-23-2014 05:25 PM
    Purchased on HSN 4/20 and received sealed on 4/24.
    Guytronic and pirarre like this.
    04-24-2014 04:57 PM
    4 days!!! You are a lucky sole. I am still waiting. My tracking shows it is sitting in Illinois for the last several days........geez!! Even stuff I have ordered from over seas came faster. I am not a fan of HSN. This is my first and last purchase from them.
    04-24-2014 05:45 PM
    4 days!!! You are a lucky sole. I am still waiting. My tracking shows it is sitting in Illinois for the last several days........geez!! Even stuff I have ordered from over seas came faster. I am not a fan of HSN. This is my first and last purchase from them.
    Time to start hammering on HSN's door.
    I wouldn't put up with that.
    May be best to ask for some immediate resolution.
    They just may overnite one to you.

HSN has a lot of customers so I'm pretty sure they will be happy to make you happy.
    04-24-2014 05:57 PM
    I just ordered me a 925 at about 130 this morning. I couldn't sleep so I said what the hell, I jumped on the computer and ordered a 925..lol. I got mine on flexplay if that matters. How long did it take for your 925's get out of the "processing" stage?
    04-24-2014 06:51 PM
    Well it finally came tonight. The box looked like Ace Ventura delivered it. Big box with no packing material and the Nokia box able to rattle around. All the corners were rounded out and obviously had a heavy object on it since the sides were compressed too. The Nokia box had a broken seal and manufactured July 2013. The phone does look new and seems to be working as it should. I have one issue of the phone not keeping the WiFi password. Does anyone have input on how to fix the password issue?
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-24-2014 11:58 PM
    Well it finally came tonight. The box looked like Ace Ventura delivered it. Big box with no packing material and the Nokia box able to rattle around. All the corners were rounded out and obviously had a heavy object on it since the sides were compressed too. The Nokia box had a broken seal and manufactured July 2013. The phone does look new and seems to be working as it should. I have one issue of the phone not keeping the WiFi password. Does anyone have input on how to fix the password issue?
    Well finally!
    Not sure about the password for wifi not sticking.
    Is the router kicking the the device because the router needs a reset?
    04-25-2014 12:15 AM
    Didn't think of resetting the router. I will have to try that. Overall, the Windows OS is a fantastic user experience. So simple to set up and navigate. I did not find a local news app in the store, it was so easy to link the mobile web page to my start screen! My wife will be getting a 521 next week! Bye bye Android, Windows is perfect for my needs!
    Guytronic and metalchick719 like this.
    04-25-2014 10:40 AM
    Didn't think of resetting the router. I will have to try that. Overall, the Windows OS is a fantastic user experience. So simple to set up and navigate. I did not find a local news app in the store, it was so easy to link the mobile web page to my start screen! My wife will be getting a 521 next week! Bye bye Android, Windows is perfect for my needs!
    How long did it take to receive yours?

Mine just went into the packaging stage overnight

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk
    04-25-2014 10:53 AM
    I must be an exception. Mine said processing for a week, packaging for almost another week, then 6 days for UPS took to deliver. It was a total of 20 days. Don't let my experience discourage you. Some have received their orders in a matter of days. The phone is awesome!
    metalchick719 likes this.
    04-25-2014 12:41 PM
    I must be an exception. Mine said processing for a week, packaging for almost another week, then 6 days for UPS took to deliver. It was a total of 20 days. Don't let my experience discourage you. Some have received their orders in a matter of days. The phone is awesome!
    I hope mine does take that long. I been having to use my work phone which is a S3 and I'm about to throw it out the window..lol. I'm hoping I at least have it by Monday or Tuesday. It says it should be delivered by May 4, which is a Sunday. So hopefully it comes before that date.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    04-25-2014 01:12 PM
120 12345