Lumia 925 purchased from HSN...

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I was going to place my order on HSN and stopped once I saw this thread .
Emailed HSN customer service and they are saying that unless it mentions on there site . Items are brand new not refurbished ..

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Diego Arbito

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Lumia 925 from HSN too and got it yesterday. The seal was cut as well which I thought was quite odd but since I had a cracked HTC 8x, I was eager just to set up my new 925. Everything works well, I had a LOT of updates though which I figured would happen. The date of the box is July 22, 2013. Awesome phone and loving the exclusive apps for Nokia, which I didn't get because I was rocking a HTC 8x before.

JimWPan

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Can some one tell me what is Build Creation Date? If you go to setting -> extras + info -> More Info.
You will see the Manufacturer Name, Mobile operator,,,,,and last one is the Build Creation Date. Is that the date when phone is made?
Mine said 1/23/2014, it is not the same as on the outside of phone box (july/2013).
Just Wonder!

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Can some one tell me what is Build Creation Date? If you go to setting -> extras + info -> More Info.
You will see the Manufacturer Name, Mobile operator,,,,,and last one is the Build Creation Date. Is that the date when phone is made?
Mine said 1/23/2014, it is not the same as on the outside of phone box (july/2013).
Just Wonder!

Does the IMEI number on the phone and box match? If not then send it back.

matthew550

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 925 arrived from HSN today and showed-up in fine condition. Delivery took longer than I would like but it was free...I just wish there were other shipping options available with HSN. My phone also came from Simply Wireless but the external box was in good condition, the actual box of the L925 was fine (security seal still intact), and the generic car power charger and headphones were also included in the shipping box. The IMEI numbers on the box, phone and SIM tray all matched (the SIM tray was still in the phone, not loose in the box) and the phone didn't have any talk time logged. The phone booted right into Nokia Black (a total surprise but then the date on the box was 20 Feb 2014) and it had about 15% power left. The installation of WP8.1 went fine and I'm just now waiting for the unlock code so I can use it with Aio Wireless. I'm really happy to have this phone back (I traded it in for the L1020 a while ago) ... now to load some apps on it!

Drazgoth

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I finally got mine today (no thanks to UPS' amazing delays...) I can't say I'd order from HSN again, certainly more of a fan of Amazon than ever but the phone is here, box was sealed, and did the little ##634# trick and no one had used it previously. Very nice phone, I'm impressed how far windows phone has come since I tried a HTC Arrive on Sprint :)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

drbol

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering if NewEgg would have been a better experience. I ordered my 925 from HSN three weeks ago and still waiting for delivery. I have a case and screen protectors waiting to be installed!! HSN showed my order as "processing" for over a week until I sent an email to them an email asking if it was back ordered. The shipment is coming out of Baltimore and sat in Illinois for several days. I will not order from HSN again.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering if NewEgg would have been a better experience. <snip>
Hmmm...
That long of a wait is certainly unacceptable.

The phone from Newegg was 7 days for me from a 2nd party seller (Simply Wireless) East coast to California.
7 days included 1 day processing and a weekend.
The item was shipped FedEx Smart post (who usually takes their sweet time getting packages to me)

No way to cancel from HSN and order from Newegg in the mean time then?

drbol

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm...
That long of a wait is certainly unacceptable.

The phone from Newegg was 7 days for me from a 2nd party seller (Simply Wireless) East coast to California.
7 days included 1 day processing and a weekend.
The item was shipped FedEx Smart post (who usually takes their sweet time getting packages to me)

No way to cancel from HSN and order from Newegg in the mean time then?

HSN only allows you to cancel while your order says processing. It should be here this week. The email they sent me was an obvious cut and paste response from customer service. I suggest anyone is looking to order one of these phones.....stay away from HSN.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I am wondering if NewEgg would have been a better experience. I ordered my 925 from HSN three weeks ago and still waiting for delivery. I have a case and screen protectors waiting to be installed!! HSN showed my order as "processing" for over a week until I sent an email to them an email asking if it was back ordered. The shipment is coming out of Baltimore and sat in Illinois for several days. I will not order from HSN again.
Hard to say if it would have been better because both HSN and Newegg orders were being handled by Simply Wireless. So if the problem was BEFORE Simply Wireless got the order, it might have gone better with Newegg. But if the problem happened AFTER Simply Wireless got the order, it would make no difference.

I am curious if Simply Wireless is still involved after the old stock was gone. Simply Wireless was shipping phones manufactured in July 2013 for a long time. But recent posts say they got phones made in Feb of 2014. If those are still coming from Simply Wireless it will provide clues as to why and how Simply Wireless came to be the source for the 925s Newegg and HSN were selling.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
For $199 I'm tempted to buy one as a spare. Wouldn't hurt to have 2 of these. One spare. Battery gets low on one just switch sim to fully charged spare. lol .... :smile:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
For $199 I'm tempted to buy one as a spare. Wouldn't hurt to have 2 of these. One spare. Battery gets low on one just switch sim to fully charged spare. lol .... :smile:

2 is always nice.
This is cheaper tho Power add back-up
I have the older 12000 mah one using it when biking, camping out away from the car for extended periods.

Sorry for the thread deflection.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Just in case you don't know, the 925 is not the easiest phone to swap SIMs for. The SIM goes in a tray that is ejected from the top of the phone with a tiny tool that comes with the phone. I suspect the right diameter wire would work. Don't know if a paper clip would work. The SIM lays on the back side of the tray, so if you eject the tray with the phone facing up, the SIM will fall out. The SIM also has a tendency to want to shift in the tray as its being inserted which could lead to something breaking if it shifts and too much force is applied. I don't think it would change someone's choice but if they swap SIMS a lot it might be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro