Taking good care of your phone

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey

I own Lumia 925 (grey) and I am seeking advice how to clean the back of the body of this phone. I got a good anti-dust cloth on display so thats taken care off. I am more interested in back cause thats the part when the phone is most of the time in contact with other things like desk etc. While I also love his back design, there are finger prints everywhere. So I just want to ask what is the safest or efficient way to clean it? Can I use a wet cloth ? (safely) ? Your experience?

Thanks, appreciated

edit: And yes, please dont advise me to buy a case :) I know its good for protection but it will take away the beauty of this phone. Or If you know one thats good looking and not destroying design, feel free to post it.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
please dont advise me to buy a case :) I know its good for protection but it will take away the beauty of this phone. Or If you know one thats good looking and not destroying design, feel free to post it.
I am NOT a fan of phone cases. I've been lucky or careful to never drop one or otherwise scratch, scrape or dent one and I don't want any extra bulk. I keep my phone in a pocket by itself so it can't get scratched when I'm not using it.

Then I got a 925. The thinness and metal edges made it feel slipperier in the hand and the white back looked shinier any place it was touched due to skin oils I have to assume. So I decided I'd try a case. Although it wasn't my reason for buying, the 925 is a particularly good looking phone so I didn't want to hide that in a case.

I ended up getting this hard plastic case which is crystal clear:

13513961474_d800dcbaa4_b.jpg

I don't know how much protection it adds but it does eliminate skin contact with the phone back and gives very good grip. If face down it very slightly lifts the front off whatever flat surface its sitting on. The glossy finish does take away from the brushed finish on the metal so I don't use the case if I know I'm going to be evangelizing about WP8.

I couldn't find any links for the manufacturer or even for it being sold in stores, so the best I can do for descriptions and specs is the eBay auction I bought it on. I don't like doing that since the auction page doesn't last long. But here it is:

IMAK Super Clear Crystal II Shell Hard Case Cover Skin for for Nokia Lumia 925 | eBay

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
If I were to clean a smartphone, I would probably use the same cleaner that's available to clean laptops and do so with a microfiber cloth. I've never actually cleaned (or had to) any of my phones, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon