Questions before getting a 925

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
So currently I have the HTC 8X, but the rebooting has been getting worse especially if I have WiFi enabled. Recently I ported my number over to my company so they are giving me the opportunity to replace my 8X. The only Windows phone I have an option to get with T-Mobile is the 925. My question is first does the 925 also suffer from reboots, and how does the 925 compare to the 8X?

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for the T-Mobile 925, but I've never had an issue on my At&t 925. It's an amazing phone, you'll love it.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Had the 925 for over a week.
The one I have is the 16gb from T-mo.
At first I thot the 16gb would be a disappointment ... this has had no impact on my use at all.
So far no shutdowns, reboots, overheating under normal use.

IMO there probably isn't much use comparing the 8x vs the 925 they're kind of close feature wise.
Click here to compare models
If you move over I'm almost positive you'll be happy.

Best of luck there.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Reboots can happen, but they are unlikely and not known to be widespread on the 925. But if you get a defective device, all bets are off. Not likely though.

The 925 is an aluminum-polycarbonate-clad smartphone featuring a larger display and the suite of perks that comes with a Nokia device.
Nokia has created a multitude of apps and features that add to the UX quite nicely. From Glance to Nokia Refocus, Nokia has become the one to beat in the WP arena since it can focus its efforts while Samsung and HTC focus on their other offerings.
The camera is quite good too.

Its a larger phone, albeit not as thick as the 920. but still larger than your 8X.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I own a 925 and a 8X (both unlocked). It depends on your usage. The camera and the more frequency in which Nokia updates its apps shows up as its strengths. For the 8X, the audio is still better due to the built in amp - if you toggle off Dobly (925) & Beats (8X), the sound to my ear on the 8X is better.

Otherwise, designs (the best 2 designed WP8 phones available), weight, chipset, RAM, storage & screens are a wash. The only thing is that it looks like the 925 will get the 3rd row option and maybe the 8X won't with 8.1.

For t-mobile versions, you get faster data speeds because their 8X is just 4G and the 925's LTE bands are good.

So ultimately you're trading a more pocket friendly model and better audio for an improved camera, better OEM specific app and OS add-on support, faster data speeds. It's an upgrade, but not as big of an upgrade as of you were on VZW and going from the 8X to the Icon. Still, the 925 is a worthy 8X replacement.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I think the 925 is a great phone and in my opinion the best looking Nokia windows phone. I have now got a 1520 but I have no intention of getting rid of either of my 925's

One thing you need to remember when looking on websites like this one or xda and so on is that you have to take a lot of the derogatory post about Nokia phones with a large pinch of salt. I wouldn't believe a lot of the post from people saying they have had all sorts of problems with their phones.

Get your 925 and enjoy it.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1020 and just yesterday picked up a 925 as a backup phone and im very impressed with it,
the things lovely very sleek , only used it a little so-far and apart from the obvious camera difference they perform very similarly ,who knows perhaps if id had got the 925 first i wouldnt have even got a 1020.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a 1020 and just yesterday picked up a 925 as a backup phone and im very impressed with it,
the things lovely very sleek , only used it a little so-far and apart from the obvious camera difference they perform very similarly ,who knows perhaps if id had got the 925 first i wouldnt have even got a 1020.

I went the other way, my first windows phone was a 1020 but I didn't like it so I got a 925 and gave the 1020 to my wife who loves it. I'm not big into photography so the 1020 was a bit wasted on me I suppose but I go it because it was the best windows phone I could get at the time.

I now have a 1520 and love it but I still think the 925 is the best looking phone windows phone if not the best looking of all phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6