Nokia Lumia 925 won't discover wifi networks & data doesn't work

Wayne Rock

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi Community,

Some background:

I got my Nokia Lumia 925 from AT&T, but I live in Trinidad. While the phone was in the US, it connected to wifi, installed updates etc. When the phone was brought to Trinidad, it no longer discovers wifi networks. It just says "searching" and stays there.

I've tried in multiple areas and made adjustments to my modem and router but nothing seems to work. When I switch on the wifi and it begins "searching" no available networks show up and I can't even switch the wifi off. It's like the slide is stuck.

Can anyone assist with this or give some suggestions on what to do?

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne Rock

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have. I've actually tried several things so far. I did a factory reset, I tried using mobile data (this doesn't work either). Otherwise the phone works normally.

doubleyewpee

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Same exact issue except I'm in the US with a phone bought brand new from the carrier store.

My phones stays on the Wi-fi searching status forever with blue dots going across the top of the screen. I tried:

1) hard reset multiple times
2) soft reset multiple times
3) toggling airplane mode
4) toggling this and that etc

I saw other threads of people experiencing the same issue yet nobody was ever able to provide an actual solution. I find it ironic I am forced to download phone updates over wi-fi yet I can't connect to wifi. About to just get rid of this phone, had it up to here between the constant battery issues (16% discharge per hour LOL), phone overheating, and now this.

tonmo

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I have the same exact problem. I left the country on vacation, like the original poster. I never had issues with wifi, and it worked fine there for a while. Somewhere along the way, it stopped working.

I'm back in the US now, and have been troubleshooting all day. Did a factory reset, and on a Developer's account so I could try to update to 8.1, to see if that would help.

No wifi, no bluetooth. I'm more interested in getting wifi going. The 5 blue dots just stream on the page but I never see available networks and the wifi icon never appears across the top.

I have rebooted about 20 or more times today... on 2 occasions I got wifi to work for a bit.

Of course, I can only update so far, because the 8.1 update can only be installed when your phone is connected to wifi. :eck:

Jose Velasquez2

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Ok i been having same problem and this is what i did to fix it. i went and turned off the wifi on my phone, turned off location and turned off wifi sense...i then i went to settings/language and changed it to any other English language .. then i changed it back to English USA.. at the bottom it says restart... i restarted the phone. turned on location, wifi and there they were both my 5GHz and my 2.4GHz... i went in and put my password on both and switched back to 2.4 and its been working all day so far.. will see if it still working tomorrow. hope this helps.:smile:

unco

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I just bought lumia 925 and installed all updates. I connected wifi and installed all app. Now when I'm using shared wifi from another lumia I can able to connect whatsapp or skype but other apps (facebook, iexplorer, google.com ) can't connect to internet. Can anybody help?

Azlan Tahir

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem with my Lumia 925, i've had it for a couple of years now and have used it in europe, us and china with no problems. As of last week, my phones wifi has been unable to detect my office wifi. All other wifi's are detected except my office's, none of my co-workers have this issue. Also I have no issues to connect with my other favourite wifi's. I have tried multiple soft resets, changing regions..etc..please assist.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa