I will be switching from S3 to 925 on t-mobile and wanted to ask few questions about it :-
    How is the battery life on 925 . Does it lasts full day with normal use .
    How is the camera quality for pics . S3 is great in day but sucks in lowlight pics.
    How much storage left on the phone as its non expandable.
    Any quirks that I should be aware of with this phone .
    Does the OS allows unified mailbox .
    Recommended case for this ??

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-07-2014 07:46 AM
    How is the camera quality for pics . S3 is great in day but sucks in lowlight pics.
    Ohhh yea, that question is ALWAYS the leader, haha. It will last as long as you let it :) less usage, the longer it lasts. You can't put a time on 'normal'... But the battery life is just what you would expect out of a comparable phone, nothing extra but not lacking.

Not sure how you heard about the 925 and DIDN'T hear about the camera, haha. To answer the question, the main feature the advertise on the 925 (and most Nokia's) is the camera and it's incredible low light capabilities.

My phone says the system takes up under 2GBs. [As a note, use OneDrive to your advantage. Use the backup to cloud feature for your pics and regularly clear out your phone to save internal memory. Games will be the thing to eat up that 16GB quickly as there are a couple that are 1GB.]

Quirks, not sure...we'll see if someone else has an example...

And yes, you can put any email you can sync into one linked mailbox, or keep them all separate, it is all up to you and how you link them.

And lastly, I don't believe in cases Never had one, have no plans to get one...but all the usual suspects are out there from gel sleeves to "tanks".
    James8561 likes this.
    04-07-2014 07:58 AM
    I will be switching from S3 to 925 on t-mobile and wanted to ask few questions about it :-

If you want a case for better grip, you can get a feather case that does just that but doesn't add bulk to the phone. This is the one I have: Amazon.com: Incipio Feather Slim Case for Nokia Lumia 925 - Retail Packaging - Cyan: Cell Phones & Accessories
    04-07-2014 09:48 AM
    Thanks , I am guessing that since this phone has 1 GB ram , won't see any difference in performance as windows doesn't use that much resources .
    Does this phone T-Mobile model supports glance ??

04-07-2014 10:11 AM
    Does this phone T-Mobile model supports glance ??
    Yes, the 925 has Glance Screen, the 'no glance screen' is actually a newer thing, because the current generation screens they are using don't allow them to do a battery effiecnt version of Glance.

The Nokia Lumia 930 does not have Glance, here€™s why | Windows Phone Central
    Nokia Lumia 925 - Specifications - Nokia - USA
    04-07-2014 01:54 PM
    Just ordered this from amazon , cannot wait to get it ..

James8561 likes this.
    04-07-2014 09:17 PM
    Battery life and camera is better than S3's. Your move is like an upgrade, really. WP allows for unified inbox. There are a few things I don't like with WP, though.

1. You cannot attach PDF files on emails.
    2. Some images from manga websites do not load on IE Explorer and/or UC Browser. If they do, they seem to have some splattered colors. I don't know who to blame - my phone, WP or their website.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (RM-937 Malaysia) using Tapatalk
    04-08-2014 02:28 AM
    If you can't attach PDF or doc in the emails. Do I have to open specific app to attach them .
    What about attaching screenshots ..

04-08-2014 07:50 AM
    If you can't attach PDF or doc in the emails. Do I have to open specific app to attach them .

PDFs were mentioned because they are the odd man out. Well, them and MP3s. You can't just attach and send them because the phone doesn't save them off like other files.

However, everything with photos (taken with camera, saved from the internet, or screenshots) are all VERY easily sharable and are also sync'd with your OneDrive.

Do you have an Xbox 360 or Windows 8 computer? I ask because if you do, you also then have a Microsoft Account. I'd recommend setting one up online before you get your phone if you do not have one already. You can use any email you currently use (my MA is a Yahoo email) or you can set up a new email address (that will be an @outlook.com). Outlook.com emails are the new Hotmail.com emails, so if you have a hotmail, you can use that also.

There are a lot of options when setting up your account :) More info at MS's site: https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?lic=1
    04-08-2014 08:22 AM
    PDFs were mentioned because they are the odd man out. Well, them and MP3s. You can't just attach and send them because the phone doesn't save them off like other files.
    I just want to mention that you can save PDF's on the phone. It will be saved under Documents folder of your phone storage. You just need to also have an Adobe Acrobat app which will also allow you to store PDF files on their cloud and share links to others.

Curtieson likes this.
    04-09-2014 03:32 AM
    I shifted to the lumia 925 from the s3.

The battery life is almost the same.

The camera is way better on the lumia 925 (but the camera is slower).

Since android is way more flexible and more supported (apps, especially apps for non English language). In short I have not found anything wp8 can do android cannot, but many thing the other way around.

Speed wise, android can have some lag , but I daily experience my 925 is slow to load data or shift between programs.

When this is said so is wp8 a clean and simple layout

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk
    04-09-2014 03:29 PM
    I shifted to the lumia 925 from the s3.

The battery life is almost the same.

The camera is way better on the lumia 925 (but the camera is slower).

Since android is way more flexible and more supported (apps, especially apps for non English language). In short I have not found anything wp8 can do android cannot, but many thing the other way around.

Speed wise, android can have some lag , but I daily experience my 925 is slow to load data or shift between programs.

When this is said so is wp8 a clean and simple layout

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

The camera is slower because the images it captures save a great number of details. (And it has six-element lens you know).

The experience in 925 is slow but lagless. It is how WP defines buttery smooth.

04-11-2014 05:30 AM

From the Adobe PDF app, you can "share" the document via email.

ETA: Eh, nevermind, could not from the Adobe app, but I swear I have done it before?
    ETA: ok ok, can do so from the Office app, not from Adobe reader app.
    04-11-2014 05:46 AM
    From the Adobe PDF app, you can "share" the document via email.
    How? While pressing and holding the document, the available options are only export PDF, delete or upload to acrobat.
    04-11-2014 05:50 AM
    How? While pressing and holding the document, the available options are only export PDF, delete or upload to acrobat.
    see above, I was mixing it up with the Office app. Apologies!
    04-11-2014 06:26 AM