RF performance in fringe signal areas

khazara

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious what others experience in weak signal areas have been. I just got my 925 and have noticed that it does not hold signal in areas my Galaxy Nexus did. It's my understanding that the Galaxy Nexus didn't have the best of radios either. Unfortunately my city is geographically challenging for carriers to have coverage everywhere. So running into weak signal areas is a given. So far I like the phone otherwise, just wish there was a version of Pocket Casts for windows phone to sync up with my other devices. However if I can't get better RF performance then I may have to look at other options.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What city are you in? It may be useful for others to give their experience if they know.

There's lots of things that can effect the signal of a phone. From the carrier you use to the building you work and live in.

At my work on one side of the building I get a signal while inside, on the other I don't. Weird isn't' it? I don't have one of the best carriers, I don't have 4G so I sort of put up with the fact that I don't get the best signals.

My phone more or less does just as well as anyone else in the circumstances I find myself in though. I live outside London. When in London I'm OK for the most part. Once out I run into black spots all the time.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
We typically in the past had a pretty poor signal in the house here with T-mo..
With my 925 and the 521 also I'm seeing consistent LTE (925 only of course) in house.
I'm happy I don't have to step out front to make a call without dropping out.

RapidTurtle

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up a 925 for AT&T, and the signal also seems terrible. We had AT&T a while back, and places where I used to get a good signal, I now have nothing. I may have to try a Moto X, as they are said to have great radios.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon