Can you replace the 925 battery with a higher capacity battery?

Jowarman

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm not sure if having a higher capacity battery actually increases the volts the phone will use. (Just a guess. Correct me if I'm wrong!) The current battery is 2000mAh and 3.7 volts. So I'm wondering if I had a higher mAh but kept the volts the same, the capacity of the battery wouldn't matter. Kinda like how the iPhone has a Mophie pack?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm not sure if having a higher capacity battery actually increases the volts the phone will use. (Just a guess. Correct me if I'm wrong!) The current battery is 2000mAh and 3.7 volts. So I'm wondering if I had a higher mAh but kept the volts the same, the capacity of the battery wouldn't matter. Kinda like how the iPhone has a Mophie pack?

There are currently no "mophie pack" type cases for the 925 (would be awesome if there were, using the wireless charging case pins!). You also can't fit a larger capacity battery inside, as it is surrounded by other internals and would not fit.

You CAN get one of those juice packs that are basically an external battery, plugs into your standard charging cable, and it charges the internal battery as if you were plugged into wall power. Down side is that you have to make sure that is charged, and carry two things with you.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
There are currently no "mophie pack" type cases for the 925 (would be awesome if there were, using the wireless charging case pins!). You also can't fit a larger capacity battery inside, as it is surrounded by other internals and would not fit.

You CAN get one of those juice packs that are basically an external battery, plugs into your standard charging cable, and it charges the internal battery as if you were plugged into wall power. Down side is that you have to make sure that is charged, and carry two things with you.

1 Black 2800mAh Portable External Battery Backup Case Power for Nokia Lumia N925 | eBay
it's not pretty, but I do stand corrected...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3