Battery life Issues 925

JOHN Smith88

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Received the phone two days from hsn and phone is running the latest OS update . Battery life is pretty bad , phone dies in 5 hours with not that much usage .
Should I hard reset the phone to increase battery life or may be I reviewed defective unit ..

KyleWong

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, there're something that I can share about:

1. Since you have just bought your device for a few days, these two things might happen: a) the battery has not been fully activated, b) the battery meter has not been calibrate. I have experienced exactly the same issue like yours during the first few weeks, the battery holds a long time in "100%" and drop fast to "5%", the "5%" lasts for another period and then the battery ran dry. So, what I did is, USE IT LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED, charge the phone after the battery is nearly drained or drained. After a few times, the battery will be fully activated and the meter is calibrated as well.

2. Disable Background Applications. Go to setting -> applications, then block all background tasks. It might affect the using experience a bit, but at least certain IMs could still run in background's background LOL.

3. Remove Live Tiles such as "Me Tiles". The tiles with autoupdate functions will prevent the phone from idling.

4. Switch to 2G unless bandwidth is needed. although WP8 has pretty good power management in cellular networks, stay in 2G would keep the best cellular signal strength and prevent the basband chip itself wasting battery in searching the Base Station.

There are a few more tweaks for battery life but I think the above suggestions would be generally enough. I have bought my 925 for approx. 6 weeks and here are some figures FYI.

1. It could pick approx. 600 photo in one-charge (the screen was on for more than an hour), with a fair- poor cellular signal.
2. It could last more than 5 hours in web surfing with cell networks, for sure 2G will last longer than 3G.
3. Gaming. IDK cuz I dun play games.

habanero61

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I also purchased mine from HSN about a week ago. Now my battery life improves as time goes by. Battery needs to calibrate with multiple drains and chartings. I'm using as daily driver coming from Sony Xperia Z Ultra (cracked my humongous screen ��) and I get a day and a half of use.

nusense

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I got mine from hsn and mine last around 2 days. With Wifi on and the screen on the highest brightness and at glance on.

Pratham Sarwate

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
i've had a 925 for 6 months now. use 2G network and activate data connection once in a while. use wifi at home and listen to music for 3-4 hours. other than that a little gaming (not technically), with glance on peek mode. and my phone makes it through the day (6-8 hours), but with a lot of compromises even on general use.
all in all, i am sort of disappointed by this phone. i mean my lumia 520 gave a better battery life than this.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
One thing that may work for you guys in order to train the battery:
Let the battery drop to 10% or at least til you get the critical warning 4 or 5 times before a recharge.

When I got my 925 I turned it on did a phone reset.
Let the brand new phone do all the updates.
Then after all this started updating contacts and reinstalling favorite apps and making it mine.

I'm getting 12 hours with;
WIFI\BT\Loc on, watching a 15 minute podcast, playing Mahjong 20 minutes, shooting 12-15 pics hi res with the flash enabled...etc.
(typical use for me)

Couple of uses that just kill the battery is shooting video or watching HD content.

mgr925

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...kia-lumia-925-after-updating-lumia-black.html

read this topic, its still on the first page ;-)

Had the same issues. right after i got it. Now perfect battery time.

Im on wifi/4g for moste of the day. Heavy use(music games txt, 4 mail accounts ect ect) it can drain fast yes, but what phone does not do that?

Im out the door 6 in the morning, and use it thrue out the day. Around 8pm i need to start recharge again.

officially_juju

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
The tweaks work pretty well. I always turn off Location, Bluetooth, and WIFI when not in use. Also, while at work I turn Battery Saver on "always" as I don't need the push updates.

After a week, my battery life has improved leaps and bounds.

Lin147

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have reset my phone yesterday.Feel battery doesn't drain so fast when I leave it alone.And apps start running or stop running back to
homescreen smoothly than I didn't reset it.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Other threads say that flashing the phone when not fully charged can screw up the battery calibration at least temporarily.

Is it possible that people just think the battery life is better or worse because the charge level is being reported incorrectly?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6