The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hi everybody, I just recently upgraded from a Lumia 620 to a Lumia 925!
    Super happy about it and in every single way it's an improvement.

I did some camera tests comparing my old 620 with my new 925 and surprisingly almost all shots on my 620 are sharper...
    This can't be right, right?

I updated all the latest firmware and camera apps on my 925 already, so that can't be it.

Example 620: imgur: the simple image sharer
    Example 925: imgur: the simple image sharer

These were taken under the same circumstances and both with the Nokia Camera app on auto settings.
    Somehow the 925 pictures are blurry/fuzzy.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
    04-14-2014 06:37 AM
    I had similar issues and sent the 925 to Nokia Care. They sent me a new phone back :) This is what you should try to do.

Workaround:

1. try touch-to-focus but then exposure setting is only set acourding to the place you touched on; not average for whole scene.
    2. set manual focus to what apears sharp (app. 80-90% of the scale; but not on maximum! photos get more blurry)

Steve Litchfield from Allaboutsymbian/Allaboutwindowsphone.com and the reviewer of Dpreview.com got blurry 925 cameras too! Unbeliavable!
    There is an issue with the arrangement of the 6 lenses IMHO.
    04-14-2014 09:48 AM
    I had similar issues and sent the 925 to Nokia Care. They sent me a new phone back :) This is what you should try to do.

Workaround:

1. try touch-to-focus but then exposure setting is only set acourding to the place you touched on; not average for whole scene.
    2. set manual focus to what apears sharp (app. 80-90% of the scale; but not on maximum! photos get more blurry)

Steve Litchfield from Allaboutsymbian/Allaboutwindowsphone.com and the reviewer of Dpreview.com got blurry 925 cameras too! Unbeliavable!
    There is an issue with the arrangement of the 6 lenses IMHO.
    Thanks for replying and I will definitely try your suggestions, but basically you're saying I probably have a faulty camera in my Lumia 925?
    04-14-2014 01:11 PM
    So I tried your first suggestion and this helps, a little bit.
    Using that method I got pictures that were about equal in quality, but that still doesn't make sense, because the 925 should take better quality pictures, not equally as the 620 (5MP + no pureview + no 6 lenses, etc).

Do you guys think it's worth to try a hard reset? I've already tried a soft reset.

Edit:
    Also tried your second suggestion, but that doesn't help either.
    I've just did a number of different picture tests again and in every single one and in every single way, my Lumia 620 triumphs (strangely enough).

So yeah, you guys think a hard-reset could do the job?
    Last edited by Stravincy; 04-15-2014 at 03:26 AM.
    04-15-2014 02:57 AM
    I've noticed that when I change my Lumia 820 for a 925. Same situation with my father's 920.

Maybe this isn't a faulty device, just bad automacro adjustment.

But if you have all photos like that, even with different macro configurations, maybe you have a faulty camera device. Send to Nokia Care.
    04-15-2014 11:22 AM
    I've noticed that when I change my Lumia 820 for a 925. Same situation with my father's 920.

Maybe this isn't a faulty device, just bad automacro adjustment.

But if you have all photos like that, even with different macro configurations, maybe you have a faulty camera device. Send to Nokia Care.
    Yeah all of the pictures are bad and after a hard-reset everything was still the same.
    It's getting sent off to a Nokia Repair centre tomorrow.
    04-15-2014 03:30 PM
    Yeah all of the pictures are bad and after a hard-reset everything was still the same.
    It's getting sent off to a Nokia Repair centre tomorrow.
    This is a know issue. Send to Nokia Care. Good luck for you!
    04-15-2014 06:30 PM
    This is a know issue. Send to Nokia Care. Good luck for you!
    Thanks!
    04-16-2014 03:01 AM
    Just in case anybody will still read this and wonders how it ended: I got a brand new Lumia 925 from Nokia and this one doesn't have any problems!
    05-24-2014 04:30 PM