Nokia Lumia 925 - still worth a buy?

Sam Lawton

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Currently on iPhone, had a NL920 before it - loving the look of 8.1 and very tempted to switch back. I've got 12m left on my contract and can get nearly the price of a new 925 sim-free for my iphone. My question is, is the 925 still relevant and will it cope for another 12m while I finish my contract?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The 925 is a great phone but it comes down to your needs. The camera is great. It's light weight. It's got a nice design. The only down side is the storage really. The lack of wireless charging (except with a shell) is debatable.

car1o

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I think it's still worth a buy if HSN still has them for $199 without contract. I just got mine last week and it's sealed with really good packaging. I'm not sure why the others in the other thread received theirs from HSN in poor packaging and broken seals.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I actually managed to mod my 925 for wireless charging without the shell! It works really well if you do it right!

I know this has probably been covered but how difficult was this? It doesn't look all that difficult in the video, I've watched it a couple times. Any gotchas? Right now I've had a hard time finding a black Nokia charging shell, but if I just hack it up it doesn't matter what color it is.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely worth it! I got my 925 in late February and came from a 920 and 810 before it. As I type this, I actually have my SIM in my new AT&T unlocked HTC One that I'm using on T-Mobile (I just became obsessed with giving Android a try and fell in love with the One), but I'm swapping it back to my 925 later today because it's my daily driver bar none! If something should happen to that phone, my daily driver would be my 920 again. Around a year ago, when I was still using my 810, I swapped the SIM out to use my iPhone again but couldn't last longer than a few minutes - so I definitely understand your temptation to switch back to Windows Phone. It's just the best OS out there! :love:

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I know this has probably been covered but how difficult was this? It doesn't look all that difficult in the video, I've watched it a couple times. Any gotchas? Right now I've had a hard time finding a black Nokia charging shell, but if I just hack it up it doesn't matter what color it is.

Black cover here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/274304-wireless-charging-case-qi-charger.html Mine is on the way. This good price will let you try a standard Nokia cover or if you are up to it you can pull the charge coil and try a mod of your own. The charge coil seems to be a stick on so you may be able to sandwich it between any case you like and the phone.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely worth it! I got my 925 in late February and came from a 920 and 810 before it. As I type this, I actually have my SIM in my new AT&T unlocked HTC One that I'm using on T-Mobile (I just became obsessed with giving Android a try and fell in love with the One), but I'm swapping it back to my 925 later today because it's my daily driver bar none! If something should happen to that phone, my daily driver would be my 920 again. Around a year ago, when I was still using my 810, I swapped the SIM out to use my iPhone again but couldn't last longer than a few minutes - so I definitely understand your temptation to switch back to Windows Phone. It's just the best OS out there! :love:

I like this post. I think I will show it to my daughter who is about to get her first smart phone.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Black cover here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-925/274304-wireless-charging-case-qi-charger.html Mine is on the way. This good price will let you try a standard Nokia cover or if you are up to it you can pull the charge coil and try a mod of your own. The charge coil seems to be a stick on so you may be able to sandwich it between any case you like and the phone.

Yeah I got in on that but the status right now says it's back ordered. Very true on the comment about the case, I should be able to sandwich it between the phone and the Incipio Feather case and not have to crack open the phone itself. I don't plan on using the phone without a case.

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I will be making this move by the end of the week. I had a 920 (last year) but 8.0 had too many things I couldn't live with but after reading about 8.1 I am very excited to get back to the Windows Phone.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've got a HTC one - Love the look of the N925 - Anyone gone from android to windows and loved it? Very tempted!??

I'm the opposite in a sense. I went from an iPhone 4 to three Windows Phones and am playing a game on my new HTC One as we speak. I still have ALL of the mentioned phones in my possession, but my 925 has become my favorite (well, tied with the 920). You will love the 925 and Windows Phone in general. Everything is so smooth and intuitive with the OS as compared with iOS or Android. Don't get me wrong, I love the iPhone and HTC One, but there's just something really special about Windows Phone that makes it stand out from the other OSes.

sMt73

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I've got a HTC one - Love the look of the N925 - Anyone gone from android to windows and loved it? Very tempted!??

Yep. This guy. Been a long time iOS user, and have been using android for the last two years. Bought a 925 from HSN and am going to swap my sim out of my nexus 5 when it arrives on Thursday.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I got in on that but the status right now says it's back ordered. Very true on the comment about the case, I should be able to sandwich it between the phone and the Incipio Feather case and not have to crack open the phone itself. I don't plan on using the phone without a case.

I just checked my order. I am backordered like you..........OH Well I ordered it for the price as I may take it apart anyway.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just checked my order. I am backordered like you..........OH Well I ordered it for the price as I may take it apart anyway.

I went ahead and just ordered a $25 white one from Amazon Prime and got it today. Took about 5 minutes to get the charging element out. I used some thin tape to tape the charger to the phone and then just put my Incipio Feather case on. The wireless charging works great. The Nokia charging shell is also too slippery IMHO.

ricardios

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Just bought the L925 from HSN. It's the T-Mobile branded one and the carrier said it will get the 8.1 update. It's a steal at $200 new. At this time who knows if T-Mobile will get a flagship, the L635 won't cut it for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss