Chances that I'll get a bad L925

chris88492

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I bought a L925 from HSN and everything was perfect except for the scorching heat that the phone would produce. I'm willing to buy the phone again in hopes that I'll get one with no defects.

Did you have issues with your Lumia 925 when you got it and did it go away? What are the chances of getting another defected one?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have overheat issues out of the box.
Then again I reset the phone after fully charging for the first time.

Back the phone up using your MSFT account.
Then do the hard reset on the phone.

It's often recommended to reset a new phone right after purchasing.
Good luck there.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my 925 from Newegg. No serious heating problems or anything like that. Sometimes, it will get a little warm in certain situations, but that's no different than my 920 was. It's usually when the battery is draining quickly or while I'm playing certain games for awhile, but it's definitely not bad.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Certain apps will heat-up the 925.
OneShot will definitely get things warm.

1080 video play can get the phone warm also.

Skynet3D

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
No don't buy a new 925. It's the same here. It is a non-well done phone in my opinion.
Of course it depends from which apps you're using. When i check emails, internet or facebook as well as using simple apps the heat is decent.
When using lot of internet with 3G, or HERE Drive with 3G and location sensor.... wooh,, that's terrible. after 10 minutes the phone could melt. It's is so hot especially next to the camera, and the battery drains 30% per hour. And many other people around the world are complaining for the heat of the 925 in particular conditions... So I guess it's a problem with the phone.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
No don't buy a new 925. It's the same here. It is a non-well done phone in my opinion.
Of course it depends from which apps you're using. When i check emails, internet or facebook as well as using simple apps the heat is decent.
When using lot of internet with 3G, or HERE Drive with 3G and location sensor.... wooh,, that's terrible. after 10 minutes the phone could melt. It's is so hot especially next to the camera, and the battery drains 30% per hour. And many other people around the world are complaining for the heat of the 925 in particular conditions... So I guess it's a problem with the phone.

I think you got a bad device. My phone has never drained that much per hour and has never gotten more than just a little warm.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to see a list of apps\games on the phones that are heating up plus typical use.

I wouldn't say it's a bad phone don't buy.
It's a very well done phone especially for $200.00 USD or less.
Honestly I haven't read or seen a lot of complaints.
That's probably because I'm happy so far.

chris88492

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
The previous ios and android smartphones I've owned have never even gotten slightly warm. Always cold to the touch.

Might just get the HTC 8X and hope for the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss