Headphone audio issue

steadydon

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have used both Nokia music app and Windows music app on my Lumia 925. When I have my headphones on at the gym sometimes after say and hour of listening the sound all of a sudden only comes out of the left headphone. Prior to that it works and sounds great. If I lift the jack a little it plays in both again, but as soon as I press the jack fully back in the left only again. If I restart my phone and resume playing music all's well. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes! I've experienced the same thing. I tried different headphones and had the same problem. I've fixed it temporarily many times. First I blew air into the jack and it helped, second I turned the volume to max and it snapped back to both headphones, third I replugged them in and twisted the plug. It's a hassle and it's definitely a problem. I don't have a permanent fix.

Micfur

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me daily, it always happens to be when a notification sound cuts in when I'm playing music. When the music comes back in is only coming out of the left speaker of my car. I have to power down my phone to get my full sound back. If it were a more wide spread issue it would of been fixed. This seems to be isolated to the 925 unfortunately.

indoko

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar issue in my 925. The music stopped when the cord was moved a little. It was a hardware problem. Nokia has changed the minijack conector a now works like before.

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen to me today. It seemed to be caused when I was joining a conference call but it seemed to work in the left ear. What I found out later was nobody could hear me on the call so I am not sure it is my headphones which work on all the other phones. They are Bose SIE2i which are made for iPhone but they worked fine on the HTC One. I am going to check a different pair that are not made for the iPhone on my next conference call. I did reboot and it seems to fix it for music but when I join a conference call again I hear clicking and then only 1 ear. I will update more after more testing.

UPDATE:
After using a pair of HTC One headphones I don't seem to have any issues. I think (in my case) it seems to be with headphones that were created for the iPhone. The 3 pair that I tried - Bose SIE2i, iPhone 5 earbuds, and Ludacris Soul on the ear - all 3 had issues.

Last edited:

ktcred

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have encountered this issue two separate times with my Lumia 925. I sent the phone in for warranty repair earlier this year and they sent it back in working condition. However, they didn't specify the repair, so I'm not aware if they replaced a hardware component or if they just reset the phone. The same device (IMEI number the same) came back, but it was reset to factory settings. A few months later (i.e., last week) the issue came back. Basically, the phone thinks the headphones are still plugged in (when they aren't) and I can't take any phone calls, unless it use the speakerphone. What is odd is that I can get it to behave correctly if I play with the 3.5 jack a few times (insert the headphones and pull them back out again). However, the phone will then default back to headphone mode at a later time even though I don't insert headphones again. Moreover, when I do use the headphones, sound comes out of only one side. I tried upgrading to 8.1 as well as a factory reset. Unfortunately, neither solved the problem. I just sent a note to Nokia, again, regarding the issue. I have owned 4 Nokia WP8 phones and all have had hardware issues. I'm not impressed.

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was fixed with the headphone change yesterday but I received the same issue this morning. No sound in the right channel and from what I can tell the microphone on the headphones will not work either if they are on the right side. Starting to be a pain to switch from Android if this continues to happen. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Emcee

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I just got a refurb that had/has this issue. A restart fixed it, but I'll see if it comes back. I use Xbox Music a lot so this won't really work for me.

huevobatido

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Well am glad that I found this post, my 920 is doing the same thing....i have questions for all of you. I noticed that if I do a soft reset it fixes the problem everytime, and I also noticed that it messes up again everytime I receive a notification like mentioned earlier.....is this the case for all of you. What OS are yall running? It seems to me that my phone started doing that after I updated my phone to 8.1

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get AT&T to replace my L925 and I have not had the issue with the new phone. I did go buy some non-apple specific headphones (Monster brand) and I am not sure if that was part of the issue but I like that I can listen to music and then get on conference calls without an issue. I did find something weird when I did use apple specific headphones (Bose brand), I can hear music, phone calls and sounds but the microphone does not work. I didn't have this issue with Android phones so that was a little strange.

Bhawk1990

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It seems I have some connectivity issues too, because when I put my phone in my pocket, or sometimes when I move it, the headphone turns off and turns back on, pausing the music. It happens with all kinds of speakers, headphones, anything. Seems like I have to go for a repair. :/

amit_nb

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I've started facing this issue. While listening music via Headset, if I receive a call, I am able to listen caller with only left side. and when I disconnect headset, call also gets disconnected. Every time restarting the phone resolves the issue but I'm really fed up with this. My 820 was smooth and no such issues faced earlier.

Any proper fix here?

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I've started getting the same issue on my 925. I know it's not he headphones, because I use them on 4 different devices and only run into this on my phone. At first I thought the headphone jack went, but then the problem will go away by itself for a few days, so I'm not sure.... it's still got about six months of warranty left, so I'll keep an eye on it.

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm also getting this issue. I've only had this phone a few weeks and put dev preview 8.1 on it straight away. Does anyone know if this happens without the 8.1 dev preview?

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm also getting this issue. I've only had this phone a few weeks and put dev preview 8.1 on it straight away. Does anyone know if this happens without the 8.1 dev preview?
I've had this issue on my Lumia 822 pre 8.1 A simple restart does the trick.
It is weird.

Kandas

May 14, 2014
Visit site
For me this seem to happen only when i get a call while listening to music. After i hung up the music resumes to only left ear until i restart the phone.

besweeet

May 16, 2014
Visit site
This just started happening earlier today for me. Initially, the audio would only come out of the left side. A reboot fixed that to where both sides worked, as expected. However, this was only with headphones with 3 rings around the plug (indicating it has an integrated mic). If I used normal headphones with 2 rings (headphones without a mic), audio only plays from the right, and it's pretty quiet. The 925 runs the latest 8.1 update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb