I have used both Nokia music app and Windows music app on my Lumia 925. When I have my headphones on at the gym sometimes after say and hour of listening the sound all of a sudden only comes out of the left headphone. Prior to that it works and sounds great. If I lift the jack a little it plays in both again, but as soon as I press the jack fully back in the left only again. If I restart my phone and resume playing music all's well. Anyone else experience this?
    Last edited by steadydon; 04-18-2014 at 11:40 AM. Reason: wrong word used.
    04-18-2014 11:39 AM
    Yes! I've experienced the same thing. I tried different headphones and had the same problem. I've fixed it temporarily many times. First I blew air into the jack and it helped, second I turned the volume to max and it snapped back to both headphones, third I replugged them in and twisted the plug. It's a hassle and it's definitely a problem. I don't have a permanent fix.
    04-18-2014 02:42 PM
    This happens to me daily, it always happens to be when a notification sound cuts in when I'm playing music. When the music comes back in is only coming out of the left speaker of my car. I have to power down my phone to get my full sound back. If it were a more wide spread issue it would of been fixed. This seems to be isolated to the 925 unfortunately.
    drg likes this.
    04-19-2014 05:23 AM
    I had a similar issue in my 925. The music stopped when the cord was moved a little. It was a hardware problem. Nokia has changed the minijack conector a now works like before.
    04-20-2014 12:54 PM
    This happened to me once, I thought it was the headphones... Maybe I shouldn't have bought a new pair...
    04-21-2014 11:04 AM
    I had this happen to me today. It seemed to be caused when I was joining a conference call but it seemed to work in the left ear. What I found out later was nobody could hear me on the call so I am not sure it is my headphones which work on all the other phones. They are Bose SIE2i which are made for iPhone but they worked fine on the HTC One. I am going to check a different pair that are not made for the iPhone on my next conference call. I did reboot and it seems to fix it for music but when I join a conference call again I hear clicking and then only 1 ear. I will update more after more testing.

UPDATE:
    After using a pair of HTC One headphones I don't seem to have any issues. I think (in my case) it seems to be with headphones that were created for the iPhone. The 3 pair that I tried - Bose SIE2i, iPhone 5 earbuds, and Ludacris Soul on the ear - all 3 had issues.
    Last edited by dgreening; 04-21-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Update
    04-21-2014 01:23 PM
    I have encountered this issue two separate times with my Lumia 925. I sent the phone in for warranty repair earlier this year and they sent it back in working condition. However, they didn't specify the repair, so I'm not aware if they replaced a hardware component or if they just reset the phone. The same device (IMEI number the same) came back, but it was reset to factory settings. A few months later (i.e., last week) the issue came back. Basically, the phone thinks the headphones are still plugged in (when they aren't) and I can't take any phone calls, unless it use the speakerphone. What is odd is that I can get it to behave correctly if I play with the 3.5 jack a few times (insert the headphones and pull them back out again). However, the phone will then default back to headphone mode at a later time even though I don't insert headphones again. Moreover, when I do use the headphones, sound comes out of only one side. I tried upgrading to 8.1 as well as a factory reset. Unfortunately, neither solved the problem. I just sent a note to Nokia, again, regarding the issue. I have owned 4 Nokia WP8 phones and all have had hardware issues. I'm not impressed.
    04-21-2014 07:38 PM
    I thought it was fixed with the headphone change yesterday but I received the same issue this morning. No sound in the right channel and from what I can tell the microphone on the headphones will not work either if they are on the right side. Starting to be a pain to switch from Android if this continues to happen. Does anyone have any other ideas?
    04-22-2014 08:06 AM
    I just got a refurb that had/has this issue. A restart fixed it, but I'll see if it comes back. I use Xbox Music a lot so this won't really work for me.
    04-23-2014 09:29 AM
    My 925 just started doing this. A restart fixed it so this has to be a software issue, not a hardware issue.
    04-24-2014 03:02 AM
    Well am glad that I found this post, my 920 is doing the same thing....i have questions for all of you. I noticed that if I do a soft reset it fixes the problem everytime, and I also noticed that it messes up again everytime I receive a notification like mentioned earlier.....is this the case for all of you. What OS are yall running? It seems to me that my phone started doing that after I updated my phone to 8.1
    05-05-2014 08:26 PM
    I was able to get AT&T to replace my L925 and I have not had the issue with the new phone. I did go buy some non-apple specific headphones (Monster brand) and I am not sure if that was part of the issue but I like that I can listen to music and then get on conference calls without an issue. I did find something weird when I did use apple specific headphones (Bose brand), I can hear music, phone calls and sounds but the microphone does not work. I didn't have this issue with Android phones so that was a little strange.
    05-06-2014 07:36 AM
    It seems I have some connectivity issues too, because when I put my phone in my pocket, or sometimes when I move it, the headphone turns off and turns back on, pausing the music. It happens with all kinds of speakers, headphones, anything. Seems like I have to go for a repair. :/
    05-06-2014 10:06 AM
    I've started facing this issue. While listening music via Headset, if I receive a call, I am able to listen caller with only left side. and when I disconnect headset, call also gets disconnected. Every time restarting the phone resolves the issue but I'm really fed up with this. My 820 was smooth and no such issues faced earlier.

Any proper fix here?
    05-12-2014 09:48 AM
    I've started getting the same issue on my 925. I know it's not he headphones, because I use them on 4 different devices and only run into this on my phone. At first I thought the headphone jack went, but then the problem will go away by itself for a few days, so I'm not sure.... it's still got about six months of warranty left, so I'll keep an eye on it.
    05-12-2014 05:00 PM
    I'm also getting this issue. I've only had this phone a few weeks and put dev preview 8.1 on it straight away. Does anyone know if this happens without the 8.1 dev preview?
    05-12-2014 10:34 PM
    I'm also getting this issue. I've only had this phone a few weeks and put dev preview 8.1 on it straight away. Does anyone know if this happens without the 8.1 dev preview?
    I've had this issue on my Lumia 822 pre 8.1 A simple restart does the trick.
    It is weird.
    05-12-2014 10:43 PM
    I have this issue after update.
    05-13-2014 08:03 AM
    For me this seem to happen only when i get a call while listening to music. After i hung up the music resumes to only left ear until i restart the phone.
    05-14-2014 04:16 PM
    This just started happening earlier today for me. Initially, the audio would only come out of the left side. A reboot fixed that to where both sides worked, as expected. However, this was only with headphones with 3 rings around the plug (indicating it has an integrated mic). If I used normal headphones with 2 rings (headphones without a mic), audio only plays from the right, and it's pretty quiet. The 925 runs the latest 8.1 update.
    05-15-2014 11:11 PM
    Yes, I am having this problem as well. I have a Lumia 822 with Windows Phone 8.1 installed via the developer preview; I am on Verizon so don't have the latest firmware updates from Nokia (cyan I believe). This problem started a few weeks ago, but I don't recall any particular changes I made to my phone at that time. This only occurs when I receive a phone call while listening to music with the headphones. Have had this happen with two different sets of headphones. A reboot resolves the problem, and like another user described, and before rebooting you can get sound to play from both ear pieces if you pull the plug out just a little from the phone and hold it. Does anyone have any further knowledge about this? This is almost September and the last post on this was in May...
    08-22-2014 02:18 PM
    I got the same issue when I used another earphones on my device. Later, Nokia Service Centre guy told me to specifically use 3.5mm American jack ear/headphones(those with 3 rings) otherwise, you'll screw up your device or end up hearing sounds from either one of the channel of your ear/headphones.
    09-09-2014 09:48 AM
    My 925 supplied headphones have suddenly turned the volume down to zero when I plug them in to listen to Spotify. I can hear music from the loudspeaker with the headphones out, but as soon as I connect them the volume numbers run down to 0. I have reset a number of times and that has no effect. The weird thing is that if I connect another set of headphones or my Pebble, there's no problem! Both work perfectly.
    Is there any way that my Nokia headphones might think that I am talking, perhaps? If so what do I do about it?
    09-14-2014 03:33 AM