ATT 925 for 79.99 OFF CONTRACT! [deal over. price back to $350]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rculver9056

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm a bit wary of what ATT will charge when you cancel the contract. I recently paid $150 for 1-month old mint condition 925 and it came with a couple cases. I really like the phone because everything else coming out now is huge and bulky, for me the 925 is the perfect size.

I thought that iPhones were the perfect size...? P:

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: 925 79.99 off contract att

Very nice price. Unfortunately, no microSD = no sale. :cry:

Exactly! I was looking at the 925 last evening, in fact (though in the UK) and the price for a without SIM phone was not too bad (by UK standards). But that lack of MicroSD was and is a deterrent. I wonder if gradually phone will kill off the MicroSD facility within them totally and try to "sell" the concept of the "cloud" instead. In the UK this is still not a problem given that if you shop around you can good deals for unlimited data (and tethering), but from what I read about what's going on the US and Canada, the scene looks rather dismal and expensive! No...MicroSD card is a MUST!

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Exactly! I was looking at the 925 last evening, in fact (though in the UK) and the price for a without SIM phone was not too bad (by UK standards). But that lack of MicroSD was and is a deterrent. I wonder if gradually phone will kill off the MicroSD facility within them totally and try to "sell" the concept of the "cloud" instead. In the UK this is still not a problem given that if you shop around you can good deals for unlimited data (and tethering), but from what I read about what's going on the US and Canada, the scene looks rather dismal and expensive! No...MicroSD card is a MUST!

You could get a 32gb one.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

I had no problem at all. I logged in went to the update part of my AT&T account and there the phone was for 79.99. I clicked add to my cart and then checked out. The total charge was 87.19 (tax included) and it charged my card right then. No activation fee, no monthly charge, and I still have my upgrade comming in May 2014. I have a 10GB family plan with two phones on it and a Mobile Wifi device as the third device. When it comes in I will take the sim out of my wife's 520 put it in this 925 and thats it. She will have a really nice phone for less than 100$. Not that anything was wrong with the 520. It will become our backup phone in case something happens to my 820 or her 925. I have a 64GB SD card in my 820 so when 8.1 is released to the public I am set. My wife will have no trouble getting by with the 16GB internal storage in the 925 as she only uses a few apps and does not do music or video on her phone.

mtb1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Just checked my bank transactions and AT&T charged me tax on the full price of the device, an extra 40.00 . I'm not too happy with that,
Apparently it's the law in California. :devil:

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Just checked my bank transactions and AT&T charged me tax on the full price of the device, an extra 40.00 . I'm not too happy with that,

Ah ha that's the rub.
Good 'ole California :eck:

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I had to check my bank after reading since I'm from California also. So far there's not transaction happening on my end (which is weird). I checked my receipt and my receipt is showing "amount paid today = $79.99". I also received a tracking number yesterday, and it will be delivered tomorrow (April 22, 2014).

How did you get this deal? Did you open a new line? That's what I did, open a new line, and toss the new SIM card when it arrives, and just use my old SIM card on the new phone. Hopefully there's not a lot of hassle with this.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I had to check my bank after reading since I'm from California also. So far there's not transaction happening on my end (which is weird). I checked my receipt and my receipt is showing "amount paid today = $79.99". I also received a tracking number yesterday, and it will be delivered tomorrow (April 22, 2014).

How did you get this deal? Did you open a new line? That's what I did, open a new line, and toss the new SIM card when it arrives, and just use my old SIM card on the new phone. Hopefully there's not a lot of hassle with this.

I did end up going back and buying the device by opening a new line. Unfortunately, I haven't been charged yet and there's no shipping date. Hopefully it still goes through.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would have thought that someone with your post count would know that it has wireless charging.

no, it DOES NOT have wireless charging. You have to go buy an external charging plate that adds bulk and detracts from the thin form factor of the phone.

Please do your research before popping off.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Hopefully there's not a lot of hassle with this.

LOLOLOL....

You are buying from ATT. You can guarantee hassle. You can also guarantee never getting that phone unlocked because you were "never a customer" of them if you toss the SIM as they only "unlock for customers"

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
no, it DOES NOT have wireless charging. You have to go buy an external charging plate that adds bulk and detracts from the thin form factor of the phone.

Please do your research before popping off.

It doesn't have internal wireless charging but it is capable of wireless charging.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

LOLOLOL Back at ya. :)

First I'm not planning on unlocking the phone (I could, and did with the L920), second I've been with AT&T since the original iPhone.

I guess I wasn't clear, but I'm going to use my AT&T SIM to the L925. I'm 99% sure it wouldn't be a problem. I've been swapping the same SIM card with my L920, Original Note (with adapter), Note 3, Nexus 4 & 5, Galaxy S3&S4, Huawei P6, so yeah, I don't see a problem there. :)

But, like you've mentioned it's AT&T so its bound to be a hassle. LOL.

LOLOLOL....

You are buying from ATT. You can guarantee hassle. You can also guarantee never getting that phone unlocked because you were "never a customer" of them if you toss the SIM as they only "unlock for customers"

mtb1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

did not open a new line, I just purchased the phone by putting it in my cart. I have an ongoing conversation with at&t, i'll keep you updated, they may credit me..

bassoprofundo

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Dang... Just went to try this since I wasn't able to over the weekend due to the whole premier thing and didn't want to risk fouling up my account (I'm an employee), and it's back up to $349.99 off contract now. :( Oh, well... I have too many WPs anyway :)

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't have internal wireless charging but it is capable of wireless charging.

oh now we mince words. It doesn't have wireless charging. You can add a kludgy wireless backplate for $30+ to make it do so but it does not do wireless charging out of the box.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
AT&T just called. Apparently I needed to verify some information before they could process the order. Now the order is processed and awaiting shipping. The rep told me to expect it between Wednesday and Thursday. So, fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.