05-06-2014 02:10 PM
127 1234 ...
tools
    Just checked my bank transactions and AT&T charged me tax on the full price of the device, an extra 40.00 . I'm not too happy with that,
    Apparently it's the law in California.
    Last edited by mtb1; 04-21-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    04-21-2014 08:24 AM
    Just checked my bank transactions and AT&T charged me tax on the full price of the device, an extra 40.00 . I'm not too happy with that,
    Ah ha that's the rub.
    Good 'ole California
    04-21-2014 10:59 AM
    I had to check my bank after reading since I'm from California also. So far there's not transaction happening on my end (which is weird). I checked my receipt and my receipt is showing "amount paid today = $79.99". I also received a tracking number yesterday, and it will be delivered tomorrow (April 22, 2014).

How did you get this deal? Did you open a new line? That's what I did, open a new line, and toss the new SIM card when it arrives, and just use my old SIM card on the new phone. Hopefully there's not a lot of hassle with this.

04-21-2014 11:01 AM
    I had to check my bank after reading since I'm from California also. So far there's not transaction happening on my end (which is weird). I checked my receipt and my receipt is showing "amount paid today = $79.99". I also received a tracking number yesterday, and it will be delivered tomorrow (April 22, 2014).

How did you get this deal? Did you open a new line? That's what I did, open a new line, and toss the new SIM card when it arrives, and just use my old SIM card on the new phone. Hopefully there's not a lot of hassle with this.
    I did end up going back and buying the device by opening a new line. Unfortunately, I haven't been charged yet and there's no shipping date. Hopefully it still goes through.
    04-21-2014 11:42 AM
    I would have thought that someone with your post count would know that it has wireless charging.
    no, it DOES NOT have wireless charging. You have to go buy an external charging plate that adds bulk and detracts from the thin form factor of the phone.

Please do your research before popping off.
    04-21-2014 01:01 PM
    Hopefully there's not a lot of hassle with this.
    LOLOLOL....

You are buying from ATT. You can guarantee hassle. You can also guarantee never getting that phone unlocked because you were "never a customer" of them if you toss the SIM as they only "unlock for customers"
    04-21-2014 01:07 PM
    I ordered mine Friday night... Still no confirmation... I doubt I'm getting one... lol
    04-21-2014 01:54 PM
    no, it DOES NOT have wireless charging. You have to go buy an external charging plate that adds bulk and detracts from the thin form factor of the phone.

Please do your research before popping off.
    It doesn't have internal wireless charging but it is capable of wireless charging.
    04-21-2014 02:02 PM
    If we can buy this set in Pakistan... ?
    04-21-2014 02:04 PM
    getting mine 2morrow. its w/fedex. Dont activate the plan u sign up for just cancel it. Nothing xtra.
    04-21-2014 02:30 PM
    LOLOLOL Back at ya. :)

First I'm not planning on unlocking the phone (I could, and did with the L920), second I've been with AT&T since the original iPhone.

I guess I wasn't clear, but I'm going to use my AT&T SIM to the L925. I'm 99% sure it wouldn't be a problem. I've been swapping the same SIM card with my L920, Original Note (with adapter), Note 3, Nexus 4 & 5, Galaxy S3&S4, Huawei P6, so yeah, I don't see a problem there. :)

But, like you've mentioned it's AT&T so its bound to be a hassle. LOL.

LOLOLOL....

You are buying from ATT. You can guarantee hassle. You can also guarantee never getting that phone unlocked because you were "never a customer" of them if you toss the SIM as they only "unlock for customers"
    04-21-2014 04:15 PM

did not open a new line, I just purchased the phone by putting it in my cart. I have an ongoing conversation with at&t, i'll keep you updated, they may credit me..
    04-21-2014 04:15 PM
    Dang... Just went to try this since I wasn't able to over the weekend due to the whole premier thing and didn't want to risk fouling up my account (I'm an employee), and it's back up to $349.99 off contract now. :( Oh, well... I have too many WPs anyway :)
    04-21-2014 04:25 PM
    It doesn't have internal wireless charging but it is capable of wireless charging.
    oh now we mince words. It doesn't have wireless charging. You can add a kludgy wireless backplate for $30+ to make it do so but it does not do wireless charging out of the box.
    04-21-2014 04:31 PM
    AT&T just called. Apparently I needed to verify some information before they could process the order. Now the order is processed and awaiting shipping. The rep told me to expect it between Wednesday and Thursday. So, fingers crossed.
    04-21-2014 04:36 PM
    The fact it went from 79.99 to 349.99 makes me think it was a website pricing snafu, but they will probably uphold the prices.
    04-21-2014 04:43 PM
    The fact it went from 79.99 to 349.99 makes me think it was a website pricing snafu, but they will probably uphold the prices.
    I hope so. My receipt still says $80 lol
    04-21-2014 04:50 PM
    Just received a notification of pricing error... My order has been cancelled... Apparently they are honoring the pricing for 'existing' customers, but not for new customers that did not sign a contract. Out of the bottom of their hearts, they did offer me the device free with a 2 year agreement though.
    04-21-2014 04:55 PM
    Just received a notification of pricing error... My order has been cancelled... Apparently they are honoring the pricing for 'existing' customers, but not for new customers that did not sign a contract. Out of the bottom of their hearts, they did offer me the device free with a 2 year agreement though.
    Daaaaaaaaamn. The same could very well happen to me. :(
    04-21-2014 05:03 PM
    Woah, damn.

I'm a current customer, but I bought it as a new customer. So far no email about pricing error yet, except for the phone been shipped, and they provided me a FedEx tracking number. It will be here tomorrow.

Since it's already in FedEx hands, would they still be able to intercept the package?

​I guess we'll see if I get here tomorrow, and how it will unfold. lol.

waazzupppp likes this.
    04-21-2014 05:28 PM
    Just got an email, the phone will be at my address by 8pm tomorrow. total is 119.99.. Ca. taxes. Grrrr...
    waazzupppp likes this.
    04-21-2014 05:30 PM
    I've just check on my bank again, and there is a "pending" charge of $114.99, and not $79.99. Not sure why it's $5.00 cheaper than what they have charged you, but still not $79.99. I'm not sure where the extra $35.00 occur. I'm thinking activation fee, but I have not activate the phone yet. LOL.

I guess I'll find out once the actual charge occurred and when I receive the phone tomorrow.

Just got an email, the phone will be at my address by 8pm tomorrow. total is 119.99.. Ca. taxes. Grrrr...
    mtb1 likes this.
    04-21-2014 05:40 PM
    Ordered mine yesterday at 4pm, 87.19 total cost. Got email that order was processed and sent to shipping at 5:30. Got email today saying order was shipped. Heard a lot people saying they were having problems, I had none. Now my phone will probably be put together backwards when I get it. HA,HA,HA

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app
    mtb1 likes this.
    04-21-2014 05:40 PM
    I've just check on my bank again, and there is a "pending" charge of $114.99, and not $79.99. Not sure why it's $5.00 cheaper than what they have charged you, but still not $79.99. I'm not sure where the extra $35.00 occur. I'm thinking activation fee, but I have not activate the phone yet. LOL.

I guess I'll find out once the actual charge occurred and when I receive the phone tomorrow.
    you in Ca.? If so, yea weird why it's 5 bucks less, hmmmmm. The plot thickens, lol..
    04-21-2014 05:46 PM
    Yup, in Silicon Valley.

What's the retail for this phone? $399.99? 9% CA tax is around $35 - So, seems correct to me. What is f** up is why they tax us retail, but I guess that's CA. lol.

you in Ca.? If so, yea weird why it's 5 bucks less, hmmmmm. The plot thickens, lol..
    04-21-2014 06:00 PM
127 1234 ...