ATT 925 for 79.99 OFF CONTRACT! [deal over. price back to $350]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: 925 79.99 off contract att

Bear in mind if you're not an AT&T customer you need to buy 1 months service, and pay the activation fee for this device. You can get those refunded if you cancel in 14 days of service though.
But also bear in mind if you're not currently an AT&T customer they'll pull a credit hard pull when you order this.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

OP, please put a 'Refurbished' in your thread title to avoid confusion. It is not new phone. Hence only comes with 90-day warranty.

theetommyt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Yeah the thread title was a little long already and I was so shocked I just threw it out there. Still a crazy deal. I'm on vzw and just bought an icon a month ago. If I had any reason at all to buy another phone, I would right now.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Damn I just bought a month old one used from another person for $150. This is a good deal.

Okay I wanted to see about buying one since I'm an existing ATT customer. I'm using the newer ATT plan which uses Next for upgrades and it won't let me use this phone as an "upgrade." It only lists the refurb 920 and 1020, not the 925. I would have to use the 1-month option with a brand new account to get this.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Yup, picked one up. Should make a nice replacement for my girl's 900 (yes, 900). I didn't even ask her if she wanted a new phone, lol. As long as it's in good condition, I will ask if she wants to use the 925 or use my 920. Both the 920 and 900 are white so she might like that better.

EDIT:

No dice for me and this deal. AT&T's website forces me to choose Next and when I do it immediately charges me the new price. Called customer support and even stopped at my AT&T store with no luck. Darn.

Last edited:

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Save your next for something else and just buy it off contract. It is the same price, Next or not. So, why waste it.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Save your next for something else and just buy it off contract. It is the same price, Next or not. So, why waste it.

The problem as stated in another thread is it just doesn't let you purchase the phone as an upgrade to an existing phone or just outright buy the phone if you have an existing plan. The only way it would let me was to add a new line to a new plan. Basically I'd have to get a 1-month plan or something and then cancel it.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site

That's what I did. Set up a new plan, added the 300mb data plan they make you buy and had the phone shipped to me. I'll cancel service as soon as it arrives. If I read everything correctly I should not have to pay the $35 activation fee or the monthly service if I cancel within 3 days and don't actually activate the phone.
I'm just going to pull the sim from my old 520 and throw it in the 925 on my existing plan I already have.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

anon(5140585)

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I bought one yesterday. I am a current AT&T customer. I went to the site, did not sign in with my account, added the 925 to my cart, chose "new customer" and on next page chose the 300MB plan. I was only charged 84 for device and taxes. I will not activate the SIM or plan so no fees and contract. Just the 925 at a great price. Better than paying near 200 on eBay for a beat up one.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

That's what I did. Set up a new plan, added the 300mb data plan they make you buy and had the phone shipped to me. I'll cancel service as soon as it arrives. If I read everything correctly I should not have to pay the $35 activation fee or the monthly service if I cancel within 3 days and don't actually activate the phone.
I'm just going to pull the sim from my old 520 and throw it in the 925 on my existing plan I already have.

Hope that works for you. Let us know if the tap-dance through AT&T's loop-holes work!!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No micro sd, no wireless charging and only 16Gb...yep its worth only $90

Yeah, that 16 GB of memory VS. the L920's 32 has always stumped me. No way the L925 could be labeled as truly premium over the L920 when everything else is equal but some moderate camera improvments.

But, no doubt in my mind- this is an excellent deal if you can con AT&T out of this new line or no deal stuff.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm a bit wary of what ATT will charge when you cancel the contract. I recently paid $150 for 1-month old mint condition 925 and it came with a couple cases. I really like the phone because everything else coming out now is huge and bulky, for me the 925 is the perfect size.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
There is no contract, you are purchasing the phone outright, it clearly states "No Contract" below the price. Or you have the option to pay $0.00 with a 2 year agreement. There is no ETF if you purchase the phone outright, the most you will pay is $79.99 for the phone and maybe a prorated amount of a few dollars for the 2-3 days of service you'll be charged for before you get the phone. Might not even get charged that, I don't know. I also read that if you cancel within three days, you will not be charged an activation fee as well. It would be no different than I you brought a phone to att, activated it and then canceled the plan a few days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster