ATT 925 for 79.99 OFF CONTRACT! [deal over. price back to $350]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Are you cancelling the plan to use an existing plan? If so can you let me know how it goes.

Just got off the phone with AT&T. Canceling service was painless. I called 800-331-0500, followed the steps to get a live operator and canceled from there. I asked if I would incur any future charges. He said that as long as I canceled within 72 hours that I would not be charged for a month of service. Looks like I'm free and clear!

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with AT&T. Canceling service was painless. I called 800-331-0500, followed the steps to get a live operator and canceled from there. I asked if I would incur any future charges. He said that as long as I canceled within 72 hours that I would not be charged for a month of service. Looks like I'm free and clear!
Awesome thanks! Hoping mine delivers in next two days.

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Was this after you received the phone or just the next 3 days after ordering? My status doesn't show it has been processed yet and I don't want to cancel too early.

gbold3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Today I received a note of shipment of my 925 and delivery for tomorrow 4/23 EOD. I just got off the phone with AT&T to cancel the service and they noted that I had to refuse the FedEx shipment of the phone for my service to be cancelled. Guess they are on to our scheme :(

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you have to refuse shipment on a phone you purchased outright. I'm only guessing, but I think the rep might have been confused and thought you purchased a subsidized phone. Even still, if you cancel when on contract, you still have the ability to ship the phone back, maybe incurring a restocking fee.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I received my 925 today as well, and canceled my service yesterday. The only charge showing on my account was the $84 I paid for the phone.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
But, but why call to cancel when you don't have the phone yet? Just sayin...

Today I received a note of shipment of my 925 and delivery for tomorrow 4/23 EOD. I just got off the phone with AT&T to cancel the service and they noted that I had to refuse the FedEx shipment of the phone for my service to be cancelled. Guess they are on to our scheme :(

mtb1

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Got my 925 today.. It came with a new sim, I called, they activated it right away.. so far so good! Now too learn this, I'm so used too android.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay guys here's the scope.

Got the phone today, and what I did was swap my original SIM in to the new phone and it works just fine. The new SIM was already in the sim tray, and I made sure I took it out before I fired up the phone. I updated the phone to Windows 8.1 without any problem. Actually, the only real reason I bought another Windows phone is after updating my L920 to 8.1 and really fell in love with WP again.

Anyway, now to important part. Cancelling the new line was no problem. AT&T didn't give me any problem, besides me waiting for about 10 minutes before I could actually speak to someone. Here's the caveat. I don't have any problem with this since I'm not planning on unlocking the phone, but others might want to, and here lies the problem.

The number (new line) have to be active for at least 60 days, if I remember it correctly. So, by cancelling the line right away, I'm pretty much stuck with AT&T on this phone. Again, this is really no big deal for me, as I am already with AT&T with 4 lines, and I don't see changing carrier anyway. Plus, I already have a bunch of unlock phone that I use when I travel overseas.

So, I hope everyone is enjoying their $80.00 awesome phone. I am! :)

The phone looks brand new by the way. I love the size and weight of the L925 compare to my L920. Although, somehow GLANCE looks better on my L920. Not sure if its because one is LCD and the other is Amoled. Overall it's awesome phone for $80. Well, I paid a total of $114.99 (+$35 tax). Being a CA residence they are taxing as on the full price ($399.99) which sucks, but still a great deal.

Update: I just check the phone counter (dial ##634#), and seems like it's never been use. The counter reads 24 min., it's about the length of call I have with the AT&T customer service. Someone mentioned that the counter cannot be reset, so that's the only reason I'm saying it's never been used. But then again, maybe the factory actually reset it. :p

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You will need to sign up to be a "Developer", and then download the developer app on the Windows store. Run the app, and follow the instructions. After that, when you go to check for updates, it should start downloading the update.

how do I update to 8.1?

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Got mine two days after I ordered it. Took the SIM out of my wife's 520 and put it in her 925. That was it, total spent 87.19, only wish I had ordered two.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Got mine two days after I ordered it. Took the SIM out of my wife's 520 and put it in her 925. That was it, total spent 87.19, only wish I had ordered two.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

I had the same experience. Before I turned the 925 on, I removed the SIM and put in my son's SIM. It restored his data and apps without a hitch. I called to make sure I did not get a new line or get charged an activation fee, and the guy said I'm clean and good to go.

I think the key is removing the new SIM before turning it on.

Emcee

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Who has installed the Dev Preview? Did your mic stop working like some 925 users have reported?

For phone calls? I'll have to test.

My headphone jack doesn't work. Only the left ear gets sound, and it's not the headphones. Hopefully I can swap it easily.

EDIT: Looks like it may be a 925 thing. I'll probably still try to swap it.

yeah3x

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Mine will be deliverd at 3 but need to wait till I'm off work. Consensus on updating? Should I just wait for Nokia? How long will that be though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs