When i first bought the Lumia 925 i noticed that the speakers aren't as loud as the Lumia 520 (My prev. phone), that is fine with me, but when i lower the vol to 15 or less it gets really low and i can barely hear it, i even turned off the sound when typing because it was useless, but when i have the vol 20+ it is good. I had this on the day i bought the device (It was running WinPhone 8 and now 8.1 Preview) i have done soft and hard reset both unsuccessful.

BTW: The Phone had the Lumia Black firmware and Windows Phone 8 and the issue was there, now Windows Phone 8.1 and Black and the issue is still there, my question is: is this native to Lumia 925 or am i the only one here?
    04-23-2014 06:35 AM
    Had this with my 925 when I first got it. I just turned it off and on again and the problem seemed to fix it self. Also I noticed my volume button kept getting stuck in the down position and wouldn't let me turn it up. But I think that was more a dust problem then a Tec one
    04-23-2014 06:41 AM
    When i first bought the Lumia 925 i noticed that the speakers aren't as loud as the Lumia 520 (My prev. phone), that is fine with me, but when i lower the vol to 15 or less it gets really low and i can barely hear it, i even turned off the sound when typing because it was useless, but when i have the vol 20+ it is good. I had this on the day i bought the device (It was running WinPhone 8 and now 8.1 Preview) i have done soft and hard reset both unsuccessful.

BTW: The Phone had the Lumia Black firmware and Windows Phone 8 and the issue was there, now Windows Phone 8.1 and Black and the issue is still there, my question is: is this native to Lumia 925 or am i the only one here?

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk
    You can contact the nearest reparing centre and give it a through check. I am using lumia 625. Sound volume in 15 is quite low..i always keep it at 20 . Otherwise I fail to attend calls when I am out because the sound is quite low. Its native to Lumia devices. Nothing to worry about. ๐Ÿ˜Š however you can give it a check as I told you
    04-23-2014 06:46 AM

You can contact the nearest reparing centre and give it a through check. I am using lumia 625. Sound volume in 15 is quite low..i always keep it at 20 . Otherwise I fail to attend calls when I am out because the sound is quite low. Its native to Lumia devices. Nothing to worry about. ๐Ÿ˜Š however you can give it a check as I told you
    Rafael Yousuf likes this.
    04-23-2014 06:47 AM
    Can you provide me with your hardware revision ? Min is 0.5.0.1
    04-23-2014 06:53 AM
    Hardware revision no. 3.0.0.0

04-23-2014 06:56 AM
    Hardware revision no. 3.0.0.0

I see yours is from India, mine if Europe (UK to be specific)
    But if you have the same issue with the speaker means it is normal i guess (BTW i keep it 20 inside the house, 30 outside)
    Kaushik Banerjee likes this.
    04-23-2014 07:02 AM
    I see yours is from India, mine if Europe (UK to be specific)
    But if you have the same issue with the speaker means it is normal i guess (BTW i keep it 20 inside the house, 30 outside)

Yup, its nothing to worry about. As far as my phone is performing quite well with wp8.1 ๐Ÿ˜Š

04-23-2014 07:05 AM
    Yup, its nothing to worry about. As far as my phone is performing quite well with wp8.1

It is performing great with WinPhone 8.1, the battery was draining fast the first two days after updating, now it is better than before, waiting for Lumia Cyan to fix the battery drain.

BTW i got rid of the heating issue in my Lumia 925
    04-23-2014 07:11 AM
    It is performing great with WinPhone 8.1, the battery was draining fast the first two days after updating, now it is better than before, waiting for Lumia Cyan to fix the battery drain.

BTW i got rid of the heating issue in my Lumia 925
    Yea I also face the same thing. First two days battery drained randomly. But later it was giving stable performance. And yea. It heats too much when charging or playing games or multitasking
    04-23-2014 07:17 AM
    Yea I also face the same thing. First two days battery drained randomly. But later it was giving stable performance. And yea. It heats too much when charging or playing games or multitasking
    Well, my phone doesn't heat up now after the WinPhone 8.1 (it does heat up but normal temperatures not like before)

Do you keep your battery charging all night or do you remove it after it reaches 100% ?
    04-23-2014 07:22 AM
    Well, my phone doesn't heat up now after the WinPhone 8.1 (it does heat up but normal temperatures not like before)

Do you keep your battery charging all night or do you remove it after it reaches 100% ?
    After 8.1 the heating issue reduced satisfactorily . Nopes I don't keep it plugged all night because it would be strange to do that when my phone has already reached 100%. I just unplug it. It gives me a day and a half on an average.
    04-23-2014 07:26 AM
    After 8.1 the heating issue reduced satisfactorily . Nopes I don't keep it plugged all night because it would be strange to do that when my phone has already reached 100%. I just unplug it. It gives me a day and a half on an average.
    Yeah i think it is weird too

Thank you so much for your help
    Kaushik Banerjee likes this.
    04-23-2014 07:31 AM
    Yeah i think it is weird too

Thank you so much for your help
    Your welcome buddy. Apart from being weird it is not healthy for your battery as overcharging a phone's battery reduces its performance in the long run.
    04-23-2014 07:35 AM
    Your welcome buddy. Apart from being weird it is not healthy for your battery as overcharging a phone's battery reduces its performance in the long run.
    Yeah i never do that, i just hear people saying overnight charging and i thought that might keep it all night lol :)
    04-23-2014 07:38 AM
    Yeah i never do that, i just hear people saying overnight charging and i thought that might keep it all night lol :)
    lollzzz actually those many people are unaware of the negative effect of this. What do you suggest should we start a battery awareness campaign? Lol. Any idea how that would end up ๐Ÿ˜
    04-23-2014 07:42 AM
    lollzzz actually those many people are unaware of the negative effect of this. What do you suggest should we start a battery awareness campaign? Lol. Any idea how that would end up
    You know one of their arguments is that the new batteries (Li-Ion) stops charging when it reaches 100% so they say it is fine
    04-23-2014 07:52 AM
    There are certain batteries which do not take charge if it reaches 100%. For exaple some batteries on iPhone . But that's not the case with all batteries, so to be on the safe side just unplug when it reaches 100%
    04-23-2014 08:11 AM
    There are certain batteries which do not take charge if it reaches 100%. For exaple some batteries on iPhone . But that's not the case with all batteries, so to be on the safe side just unplug when it reaches 100%
    That's what i do always, even with my laptop
    04-23-2014 08:20 AM
    I actually wonder if this is just because of the speaker placement on the 925. When I was using my 920, I kept the volume at around 14-16 and it was fine. Since I got my 925, however, I keep finding myself turning the volume up to 20. I tested out ringtones when I first got it and had to choose one that was loud because otherwise, I might not hear the phone ring.
    04-23-2014 11:35 AM
    You can't overcharge the battery. The phone automatically stops charging once it reaches 100%. I can absolutely say this is true when I wirelessly charge my 925 because it literally stops and when I get up in the morning after charging overnight, the battery icon doesn't even have the full charge appearance.
    04-23-2014 11:37 AM