Lumia 925 camera complicated!!! First time lumia user

Himanshu Gothwal

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I have just bought 925 and this is my first lumia and wp. i found the camera very complicated. first of all i found the built in camera inferior to cam 360, smart cam and nokia camera. the pictures taken are not as clear and most importantly there is a gap of like 2 seconds when i on the screen and it takes pic but when i press the dedicated camera button it take pictures compatively fast. i am really founding hard to grasp the working of specially NOKIA CAMERA app. it is very complex. firstly when i tap on the screen a CIRCLE appears and nothing happens but when i click the photo through camera button or camera icon below it takes picture, also i turn off the flash but still flash wont stop. the front facing camera is fast of nokia camera app but rear cam is comparatively slow. i found camera 360 THE EASIEST and best to use. somebody please explain me the entire working of all apps including built in camera app and HOW can i take QUICK photos without any gap.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
When you compare Nokia camera with stock camera I will say Nokia camera wins. It has all the manual controls you want (manual focus , ISO , shutter speed , white balance ) in a nice and simple dialer style. When you press anywhere on Nokia camera , that circle indicates it has locked the focus there and to capture the image you can simply press the camera icon or shutter button. You may also press the shutter button to quickly take great photos without locking the focus. Flash :- if you have disabled the flash , then that's focus assist light that helps camera to focus in dark area. You can disable this while going into camera settings. Now when I compare Nokia camera with camera 360 , note that camera 360 does not capture full 8MP images , it lacks many details where as Nokia camera uses the Nokia camera algorithms. You can use the tutorial of Nokia camera by going into Nokia camera settings. You can play with all different contros there and see live preview what will happen to the image if you increase the ISO or increase/decrease shutter speed.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have just bought 925 and this is my first Lumia and WP.<snip>
Muessig's thread about picture taking is the go to for phones or any camera.
I read thru it all the time and I started on film cameras in the 1960's :cool:

If I'm understanding you correctly you said the flash was disabled yet still fires?
Just as HC had stated the focus assist can be disabled it can get in the way sometimes.

To disable tap three dots/settings/Focus assist light/always on or off/
Also in smart sequence disable Photo review.

Under the settings there's an online tutorial about Nokia camera that may help also.
Good luck and enjoy that 925.
I really like mine a lot.

Himanshu Gothwal

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanx for the reply dude. that dedicated camera button sure takes fast pictures but it is quite hard to be press it, it needs to be pressed hard to work and when i press it hard it the camera shakes and pictures comes out blurry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss