I have had my 925 for 40+ days and requested an unlock code from T-Mobile.

T-Mobile gives you a procedure that requires another carrier SIM in the phone. I don't have one so searched and found the following procedure to unlock without changing SIMs. I have used that procedure with several other T-Mobile Lumias: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ml#post2328962

But this time, something strange happened. When I dialed ##7820, I was presented with an open padlock icon and no keypad to enter the unlock code. In the past the open padlock was displayed if the phone was already unlocked.

So I was trying to figure out why the phone appeared to be unlocked. I had just requested unlock codes for 2 T-Mobile Lumias and I know I had only unlocked the other phone (a 521) unless I was having amnesia. So I decided I would try to find a non-T-Mobile SIM to confirm the phone was really unlocked.

That was a few days ago. I still haven't got my hands on another SIM so decided to ask if others had a similar experience and what was the outcome. I decided to take some screen captures for this post when low and behold, when I dialed ##7820 I got a locked padlock and a keypad to enter the unlock code! I entered the code and restarted the phone and dialed ##7820 again and low and behold an unlocked padlock icon.

The only conclusion I can reach is that you might get a false positive for unlocked when you dial ##7820. Which by extension means it's probably possible although very unlikely you could get that after incorrectly entering an unlock code.

I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten a false positive for their 925 being unlocked?
    04-24-2014 01:14 PM
    mine shows (correctly) locked
    04-24-2014 03:52 PM
    After using a non uk o2 simcard to bring up the enter code prompt and entering the unlock code to unlock the uk o2 lumia 925 the phone was unlocked :-) ,

afterwards upon dial ##7820# the simlock status showed the device was sim-locked and a box to enter unlock code , i re entered the code and the simlock status now correctly shows its unlocked .

So indeed the simlock status can display incorrect information as mine was already unlocked but first-time using the ##7820# the simlock status incorrectly showed it was still locked.
    04-25-2014 07:01 AM