I'm going in this long trip (18 horas) and I will be using Here Drive for turn by turn directions.
    As I said it will be 18 hours drive so most likely I will have to receive phone calls while driving.
    The problem is there when I answer a phone call, the phone screen takes over and the navigation voice goes away, making it easy to miss a turn.

Is there a way to combine both? Or should buy a GPS? :-)

By the way, I use the phone connected to the car sound system via Bluetooth.
    04-24-2014 05:35 PM
    I'm going in this long trip (18 horas) and I will be using Here Drive for turn by turn directions.
    As I said it will be 18 hours drive so most likely I will have to receive phone calls while driving.
    The problem is there when I answer a phone call, the phone screen takes over and the navigation voice goes away, making it easy to miss a turn.

Go for GPS
    04-25-2014 01:12 AM

Either go for a GPS or you can use call divert option in your phone to divert calls to a secondary phone in this way your voice navigation wont get cancelled and you wont need to spend on new GPS provided you have a spare cellphone.
    04-25-2014 01:22 AM
    spare cellphone.
    spare cellphone with Bluetooth ;)
    04-25-2014 01:27 AM
    spare cellphone with Bluetooth ;)
    Yea dats for sure but diverts kinda work without Bluetooth ๐Ÿ˜‰
    04-25-2014 01:35 AM
    Either go for a GPS or you can use call divert option in your phone to divert calls to a secondary phone in this way your voice navigation wont get cancelled and you wont need to spend on new GPS provided you have a spare cellphone.
    That will work, thank you all for the suggestions.
    Kaushik Banerjee likes this.
    04-25-2014 08:35 AM
    That will work, thank you all for the suggestions.
    You are most welcome buddy ๐Ÿ˜Š
    04-25-2014 11:16 AM
    Trying to figure the odds that a turn in a 18 hour drive would occur during the duration of a call. Most 18 hour drives involve long stretches on just a few roads. Maybe it won't happen enough for the rare restart to be a problem.
    04-25-2014 12:19 PM
    Don't you usually know where you are going except for the last bit. I use my phone just at the end of the trip.
    04-25-2014 03:01 PM