Couple questions about my Lumia 925

riggsmagic

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks long time Android and iOS user with a few questions on my 925.

* Is it normal for system apps (glance, network+, etc) to not automatically update, I'm using a 3rd party app that now checks for all apps. But could I just have a setting a wrong?

* The charging port is difficult to plug in. Its stiff and solid feel. But its almost to stiff. I was seeing if this is common with this model. (Using OEM charger)

That's all the questions I have for right now, thanks in advance.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
With WP8.1 app updates can be downloaded automatically. With WP8.0 you are still required to enter the store and set that process in motion yourself.

I can't confirm the USB charging port being too tight. Have you got a brand new device?

riggsmagic

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
With WP8.1 app updates can be downloaded automatically. With WP8.0 you are still required to enter the store and set that process in motion yourself.

I can't confirm the USB charging port being too tight. Have you got a brand new device?

Yes it is a brand new device. Purchased at T-Mobile 4 days ago.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is a brand new device. Purchased at T-Mobile 4 days ago.

Connectors are often a bit tight when they are new. If you are having real difficulties making the connection I would return it, but otherwise I'd just wait for it to wear out a bit.

riggsmagic

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Connectors are often a bit tight when they are new. If you are having real difficulties making the connection I would return it, but otherwise I'd just wait for it to wear out a bit.

thanks, I'm just so used to Android phones I guess being "pre-worn down" haha

drbol

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I too moved from Android to Windows, love it. Your phone sounds normal to me. My charger is the same, having that solid feel.

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that tight feel is typically Nokia quality. ;) (long time Nokia user: 3510, 5230, 500, 700 and now finally a windows phone: the Lumia 925!)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05