10-18-2014 06:20 PM
38 12
tools
    Got a 925 when AT&T made the blunder and put them for 79.99 for one day. It is a beautiful phone and it works great; but after using it for a week or so I decided to keep my 820 and I gave the 925 to my wife as a upgrade to her 520. It was with heavy heart that I did that; but the insides of the 820 is the same as the 925; plus the 820 has a SD slot ( have a 64GB in mine) and a removeable battery which the 925 does not. With 8.1 comming I think the added storage (apps on the SD card) and the 925 with only 16GB of storage I like the 820 more. The screen size is pretty close 4.3 vs 4.5 and while the resolution on the 925 is higher I don't see hardly any difference putting them side by side. I'm sure one day they will come up with another Lumia that I will want to have instead of my good old 820. One day; but not today.
    05-18-2014 05:10 PM
    I am a long time T-Mobile customer and a Windows Phone fan since WP7 debuted but I am just stuck in a hard place. The 925 is one of the sexiest and best looking hardware made by any manufacturer for any OS(and I really love the original HTC One[M7] too). I still to this day would love to just settle down with this phone ling term but I am working with 20gb of used memory on my yellow unlocked Nokia Lumia 920 and I know there's no way I can be satisfied with constantly having to upload and delete and switch out apps and games all the time. It took me a whole year to get to the point where I finally had to make space and I really love that about the 920. I could probably push for the SD expansion argument but I really have everything I want on a 32gb device and probably more than I even need anyway. I really hope the landscape of availability of Windows Phones within the US changes very soon. I can get any late and great Android and iPhone at this very moment but I can't get the 1020, 1520, 930, and heck, I even had to buy the 920 and unlock it to use for T-Mobile too. This strategy is one of the biggest drawbacks to Windows Phone if you ask me. We are the very distant third OS in market share and the hardware(and Nokia's really the only OEM producing worth while phones for WP) that many consumers would gladly buy isn't available on their carrier, while the competition is not only available but continuously pushing out phones at a faster rate. And yes I'm tempted to leave for a Sony Experia Z2 or the just announced LG3 but I'm still with Windows Phone on T-Mobile because I love the platform(and the customer service and plans are great). I want to see it succeed. And I want the Windows Phone devices that I like to be available on my carrier. Nevertheless, I plan on buying an unlocked 1520 closer to the fall until T-Mobile, Microsoft, some other OEM gives me a serious reason to wait. The 925 was almost perfect. In fact it is for the select countries that got the 32gb version.
    05-27-2014 04:32 PM
    I am a long time T-Mobile customer and a Windows Phone fan since WP7 debuted but I am just stuck in a hard place. The 925 is one of the sexiest and best looking hardware made by any manufacturer for any OS(and I really love the original HTC One[M7] too). I still to this day would love to just settle down with this phone ling term but I am working with 20gb of used memory on my yellow unlocked Nokia Lumia 920 and I know there's no way I can be satisfied with constantly having to upload and delete and switch out apps and games all the time. It took me a whole year to get to the point where I finally had to make space and I really love that about the 920. I could probably push for the SD expansion argument but I really have everything I want on a 32gb device and probably more than I even need anyway. I really hope the landscape of availability of Windows Phones within the US changes very soon. I can get any late and great Android and iPhone at this very moment but I can't get the 1020, 1520, 930, and heck, I even had to buy the 920 and unlock it to use for T-Mobile too. This strategy is one of the biggest drawbacks to Windows Phone if you ask me. We are the very distant third OS in market share and the hardware(and Nokia's really the only OEM producing worth while phones for WP) that many consumers would gladly buy isn't available on their carrier, while the competition is not only available but continuously pushing out phones at a faster rate. And yes I'm tempted to leave for a Sony Experia Z2 or the just announced LG3 but I'm still with Windows Phone on T-Mobile because I love the platform(and the customer service and plans are great). I want to see it succeed. And I want the Windows Phone devices that I like to be available on my carrier. Nevertheless, I plan on buying an unlocked 1520 closer to the fall until T-Mobile, Microsoft, some other OEM gives me a serious reason to wait. The 925 was almost perfect. In fact it is for the select countries that got the 32gb version.
    I think it was only one carrier, Vodafone, if I remember correctly, that got the 32GB version of the 925. Also, I too really like the HTC One M7 (have that phone and added it to my collection early last month).
    05-27-2014 04:54 PM
    I actually still prefer the old One(M7) over the new One as far as design goes. But my 920 is cool so that gives me time to wait around and see what happens. A lot of new OEM partners have been linked to new hardware coming out soon though so that at least gives me hope. I would absolutely LOVE an M7 design running WP8.1. Sigh...lol I tell you though if storage wasn't an issue for me, 925 all day.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    05-27-2014 05:57 PM
    Well, that is the reality so sometimes its better to wait. Newer phones are great but usually accessories are not there yet (to follow). I dip into the 925 two days ago since it was on-sale (unlocked). its a wonderful device almost perfect had they included an SD card slot. Anyway, I think it will last as long as it take. My first WP was L620 but its power button is busted now. It still works but after 1 year and so. Its time to retire L620. So far the L925 is sleek and since its more than a year old device many accessories are now available. So until the phone dies I will keep on using it.

So I have had my 925 for about 10 months now. It's on T-Mobile and I did the jump thinking there would be better windows phones coming I could upgrade to. 10 months later no new phones. It also appears that nothing better is going to be coming in the near future either.

The phone is still in great shape. Still works like a charm. Still have better pictures than my wifes iPhone and over all I would want to keep the Windows platform. Just getting irritated that T-Mobile does not seem to be coming out with a better phone...

Thoughts? Am I just being to impatient knowing I can upgrade anytime? Would I dare even going to a S5 or LG G2?

I think what pisses me off the most if of course I purchased this new and now you can get it for $200.. Which is probably less than I owe on it. maybe I should just pay it off, and then purchase an unlocked 1520?

Just wanted to see if anyone else was in this same boat or if I just need to quit whining.
    05-28-2014 10:34 PM
    I think I'll have this phone for approximately 2 or 3 years. After this phone I will probably go for the Lumia 9XX series again. Maybe the the gorgeous Lumia 930, which probably will be quite cheap by then, or its successor.
    05-29-2014 04:06 AM
    As with all phones I baby them for about a month and then start throwing it in pockets, cup holders, cargo pockets ect. The phone is beutiful but is like a "bar of soap" without a case. i use a Body Glove Fuzion case and I know this will hold up for a long long time. I hope now that Nokia sold out the quality will remain the same with the new phones coming out.
    05-29-2014 11:44 AM
    I think my 925 can last me a long time, especially since I updated it to 8.1 on Monday. I was out on Tuesday evening, shopping with my mom and somehow dropped my phone when I was trying to put it back in my bag. It hit the floor of the pet store I was in with a noticeable "clack," but when I picked it up, it had zero signs of damage. Worked perfectly fine, too. Whew! That's the second time I've dropped my 925 since I got it three months ago. I never really dropped my 810 or 920 except for one time when the 920 fell out of my hand and onto the carpet in my grandmother's living room.
    05-29-2014 05:40 PM
    paid 400$ for mine on tmobile. Regret? a little. Good phone, bad battery with 8.1. I bought it for 8.1. Probably should have waited a little longer, could have scooped a 1520.3 for a little bit more. They're in circulation again. I really wanted the OLED screen, but i also wanted wifi calling, and a bigger battery. Figured 2/3 would be the better option. I backed the wrong pony.
    06-04-2014 02:42 PM
    Until November apparently, LOL.
    06-06-2014 04:31 PM
    When I first answered this thread I said until windows 9 comes out. Well, I said that prematurely. The second microphone stopped working and the GPS sticks and shows that I'm not moving when I'm going 70mph. Frankly, I'm not sure if I want another Nokia after this experience. I've only had this phone for a few months now. Sigh
    10-18-2014 02:05 PM
    When I first answered this thread I said until windows 9 comes out. Well, I said that prematurely. The second microphone stopped working and the GPS sticks and shows that I'm not moving when I'm going 70mph. Frankly, I'm not sure if I want another Nokia after this experience. I've only had this phone for a few months now. Sigh
    Sorry for your 925 problems.

Of course the odds of a problem with some other phone are as likely to be worse as they are to be better but I still think people should replace a failed product with a competitor's. It isn't likely to help the person who does that but it does help the majority the same way an individual vote doesn't mean much except when they add up. If a manufacturer make great products, the very few customers who jump ship over the rare problem have no significant effect on the manufacturer's success. But if the products really are crap and everyone who buys one jumps, they eventually clean up their act or go under.
    10-18-2014 05:58 PM
    The 925 lasted two weeks. Went back to Blackberry.
    Because????????

Oh yeah, the #4 phone OS? How fast and how far the mighty have fallen.
    10-18-2014 06:20 PM
38 12