Custom alerts for contacts

Shawn_B001

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,

I have a Nokia Lumia 925 with Windows 8.0 installed

This is my work phone and I love it.

I want to create a custom alert for certain e-mail contacts such that a specific sound plays when I receive an e-mail from the contact. Is this possible?

I used to be able to do this with my BlackBerry and it was particularly useful when I received an automated alert from my managed network devices. e.g. when my network monitoring software sends an e-mail that a network switch was down, I would be alerted.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Greetings,

I have a Nokia Lumia 925 with Windows 8.0 installed

This is my work phone and I love it.

I want to create a custom alert for certain e-mail contacts such that a specific sound plays when I receive an e-mail from the contact. Is this possible?

I used to be able to do this with my BlackBerry and it was particularly useful when I received an automated alert from my managed network devices. e.g. when my network monitoring software sends an e-mail that a network switch was down, I would be alerted.
It'll be located under the contract's settings, but I'm not sure if it does emails or just phone calls. Good luck!

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Think custom tones are only available for Ringtones and SMS at this stage.

Something like the highly rated 'MetroMail' for WP can do custom tones/tiles per Account, but i don't think per Contact.

I don't use the App myself so someone else might be able to confirm if that's the case or not. But if you shoot the Author a suggestion, you never know, assuming it's even technically possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss