Problems with Lumia 925's Wireless charging shell (CC3065)

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I saw this shell on the UK website and it said that it was "Coming Soon". I went and checked Amazon, and low and behold, Nokia themselves were selling this very shell. I then went onto eBay to try and find the cheapest price, which I did at around ?17. When I received the shell, I was really overjoyed with it, I tested it out and it worked. After a few days of playing around with it and showing it off to my colleagues and taking the case on and off multiple times, I began to notice small cracks on each of the corners.

I just contact the seller on eBay and he told me I had to contact Nokia about it and hand it to them. I went on the site and can no longer find this shell on there (something is fishy here). Just contacted Nokia themselves through Twitter, but have had nothing back. What I want to know is how many people have bought this shell and had the same or similar problems? Also, if you have had problems, how did you go about getting it replaced?

If you were considering getting this shell at some point, I wouldn't recommend it until the brought out something a bit more sturdy and won't crack just from removing it and placing it back on.

vassilis1924

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the shell on my Lumia 925. I don't have a qi charger. I just use it as a case, and because it provides better grip.
To your question, I put it on and off many times and I have no cracks at all.
But I have noticed that it got a little ( really too little) "loosy". It crackles just a tiny bit.
In my opinion, that's not a real problem. It looks like normal wear to me.
You better go to a Nokia Care point, and have them check it.

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I would have put it down to normal wear if I had it for a couple of months at least, but I haven't even had it for a week. Also, being in Devon, I don't have a Nokia care point near me, I think the closest one would be a 2 hour drive (at least). And I'm not committed to drive all that way just for this case. Like I said, I really love this case, I'm just disappointed that the case can't withstand being taken on and off.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I still have my 925 and the shell as well from last year. I do take them off and place them on depending on whether I'm gonna use wireless charging or just a tpu case. So far I don't have any issues. Pretty much stay fit without cracks.

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I would have put it down to normal wear if I had it for a couple of months at least, but I haven't even had it for a week. Also, being in Devon, I don't have a Nokia care point near me, I think the closest one would be a 2 hour drive (at least). And I'm not committed to drive all that way just for this case. Like I said, I really love this case, I'm just disappointed that the case can't withstand being taken on and off.

i'm just waiting one from amazon... hope it doesn't happen to me... did you use the wireless charger with that case. does it works fine??

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem on two different red shells for my 925. People have reported this same problem on the cp-623 flip cover for the 1520. It is basically the same design and a poor one at that. At least Nokia exchanged mine under warranty.

vassilis1924

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't have cracks. It's just not so tight anymore when I put it one the phone. (extremely little difference)That's what I named normal wear. I have the shell for many months and I remove it and put it on again really often.
Cracks are absolutely unacceptable, of course.

Don't get me wrong, but the way you put it on or remove it, must be exactly as described in the manual. If anyone uses it more aggressively, cracks are normal to show up.

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I thought that I was putting it on and taking it off correctly. Start from the top and slide it off... Any way, I spoke to Nokia about this and apparently the warranty can't be passed onto them as I bought it from someone else on eBay (brand new). The people on eBay say that they won't take it back as Nokia have to deal with it (seems like poor customer support to me). Any way, a part from this problem, the charging is fantastic and it is definitely something I would recommend to buy for your Lumia 925, just be more careful than me.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend doing the wireless charging hack and use whichever case you prefer if anyone continues to have trouble with this. It was pretty easy. Just curious, for those who aren't seeing cracks, what color is your case?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had my red charging shell for as long as I've had my 925 (since late February). Never had a problem with it, although it's definitely tricky to remove when you first get it. I know for me, I have to be very careful to not pry the corners too hard. I suppose it's possible to break it if you're not the patient type.

Pranay Nanda

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Is the casing same throughout the world? As it was not available in my local market, I had to order it from International one. And yes it is a genuine case as Nokia is selling it. Will it work?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
So, you got the shell really cheap from e-bay? There are a LOT of counterfeit items. I would be willing to bet that if you walked into a Nokia store (do they even have those??) that they would find that the one you have is made from a cheaper plastic, and is why you're having issues with it so soon.

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
It could well have been a counterfeit, it wasn't majorly cheaper, just a couple of pounds less than Nokia. It will probably just teach me a lesson and get the product straight from the company. My case is white and I think shows up a lot more. Good news though, I've managed to send it back to them and will shortly be receiving a refund. Once I get it, I shall buy it straight from Nokia, that way if I get any more problems I can just contact them straight away.

ratsttam, there are Nokia stores in the UK, but they are just too far from my location unfortunately. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99