Am I the only one with an awful battery?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
On my 925 starting the day with 100% charge with heavy usage (reading news and playing Clever Words) my phone will be at 50% in about 4 hours. I have 3 apps running in background. Amazing Weather HD, Chronos Calendar, and Battery Performance.

Battery apps are pointless and use more battery.

shinkamui

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Lol. 1 point for android. Not a big deal anyway. I'm sure we will see much better battery life once carriers release official updates. At least I hope so. I'm already adjusting to making sure I charge whenever possible. Even started carrying my portable USB battery in my bag 🎒. I will definitely buy the 930 if T-Mobile adds it to their lineup. I'd not in hoping the 1520.3 will be easier to get by then.

On aa side note, resetting the phone and reinstalling has improved my battery life tremendously. Still not going to get a full work day with real heavy use but I'm slated for about 6 hours now instead of 4. Might improve with more charge cycles.
Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

wpcentralacc

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I just don't understand at how at 100 percent, it says I only have 11 hours remaining. I do not have 8.1, so I do not know why my battery is so bad.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I just don't understand at how at 100 percent, it says I only have 11 hours remaining. I do not have 8.1, so I do not know why my battery is so bad.
Well, the hours remaining would be different for everybody. For whatever reason, your phone thinks how YOU use the phone, that's how long your phone's battery will last. If you only used your phone for one short call a day and turned everything else off, after it learned that pattern, it would probably tell you you have several days left when at 100%.

I'm not saying your phone doesn't have a battery problem; just saying there is no set hours left for any battery percent because people use their phone differently.

jamrock60

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Since the last update of 8.1 my battery life on my 1520 has been very bad and allot of program freezing something has changed since the dev release and the update

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

shinkamui

May 16, 2014
Visit site
After several weeks, im finding that i see 12 hours with no use. If i use the phone moderately, that time drops by several hours.
I have only a handful of background apps, calendar, and email. Wifi calling is mostly broken (reconnection to the service is completely unreliable after its disconnected), and while active, the SMS Carrier # is blanked out, making text messaging impossible. Downgrading to 8.0 seems like the only reasonable option at this point until Cyan is pushed out by tmobile.

shykhan16

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My 925 battery is bad like really bad. Using IE murders the battery and so does Netflix. I have 100% in the morning and at around 1pm I'm at 30% with little use. I hope cyan fixes this

shinkamui

May 16, 2014
Visit site
turning off battery saver actually seems to work. Give that a try, im seeing 30-40% more battery capacity at the end of a workday having only switched that off.

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
turning off battery saver actually seems to work. Give that a try, im seeing 30-40% more battery capacity at the end of a workday having only switched that off.

I've been testing this, and battery life seems a little better. That being said, in my experience is about the same with WP 8.0 or WP 8.1 (after a hard reset). Overall a little disappointing, I find myself recharging in the middle of the afternoon. I have no hopes for cyan firmware regarding improvements on battery life. I will continue to support Windows phone hardware&software for many other reasons and mainly because I like it!!! Hopefully in the near future the hardware will be on par with the market, till then I think "we" (Lumia 925 users) will have to accept that battery life is just not good.

Sorry for the long post but I needed to let out my frustration! &*&%%

Last edited:

shykhan16

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I've been testing this, and battery life seems a little better. That being said, in my experience is about the same with WP 8.0 or WP 8.1 (after a hard reset). Overall a little disappointing, I find myself recharging in the middle of the afternoon. I have no hopes for cyan firmware regarding improvements on battery life. I will continue to support Windows phone hardware&software for many other reasons and mainly because I like it!!! Hopefully in the near future the hardware will be on par with the market, till then I think "we" (Lumia 925 users) will have to accept that battery life is just not good.

Sorry for the long post but I needed to let out my frustration! &*&%%

Trust me, I know exactly how you feel with the battery life on the 925 and having to charge constantly but just like you said, I want to stick with WP because I think the platform is great. The battery saver trick has only shown little improvement to battery life😞

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12