925 on Virgin Mobile?

djrams80

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Will either the AT&T or T-Mobile version of the 925, work on Virgin Mobile? Virgin Mobile has a $35 plan that my mother-in-law wants to switch to. If I buy a 925 off of eBay with a clean IMEI, will she be able to activate it?

Thanks in advance!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Will either the AT&T or T-Mobile version of the 925, work on Virgin Mobile? Virgin Mobile has a $35 plan that my mother-in-law wants to switch to. If I buy a 925 off of eBay with a clean IMEI, will she be able to activate it?

Thanks in advance!

It won't work if you're talking about Virgin Mobile USA. Virgin Mobile in the US is CDMA, using Sprint's network. AT&T and T-Mobile are GSM, which of course means that that's what the 925 is as well. There's no way it'll work. Sorry!

EDIT: Sorry wpnokia920, we must have been posting at the same time! Your reply wasn't there when I started typing.

Last edited:

NiteCourt

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
When I was a Virgin Mobile customer 1.5 years ago the only phones that VM allowed were the phones they sold. Even though they use Sprint you couldn't use a Sprint phone with them. I don't know if that has changed but I would check with them if you haven't already.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
When I was a Virgin Mobile customer 1.5 years ago the only phones that VM allowed were the phones they sold. Even though they use Sprint you couldn't use a Sprint phone with them. I don't know if that has changed but I would check with them if you haven't already.

^^This^^. The last I knew, you had to use Virgin Mobile phones. Even a Sprint phone wouldn't work, except I believe some Android devs were able to get the LG Optimus S working on Virgin Mobile. That was a highly hackable Android phone that originally shipped with Froyo I believe.

djrams80

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your replies. I went and talked to a salesperson and Virgin Mobile will not let you use any phone not purchased from them. So much for that idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss