HSN TMobile 925 works on Targets MVNO network (Brightspot) with no unlock needed

bokeh

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. The first time I tried my Brightspot sim card in my new HSN 925 they day I got it I couldnt make it work. I think I just assumed "Yeah, that aint gonna work" and gave up. But after reading an older thread on here where someone claimed that a Tmobile phone would work locked or unlocked on ANY Tmobile MVNO I tried it again. Put the SIM card in, made sure it was inserted properly, turned it on and then rebooted the phone. Lo and behold it worked.

So now I dont have to worry about getting on Tmobile for two months to get an unlock code. Although I am tempted because the new Cricket/ATT plans (formerly AIO) are some pretty nice deals. That would definitely need an unlocked 925 to work. But for now I can stay on Brightspot which offers good prices and good flexibility. Like I said, just wanted to let the community know.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
A T-Mobile locked 925 will work on any T-Mobile MVNO without being unlocked. These include Spot Mobile, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk (T-Mo SIM), Net10 (T-Mo SIM), Ptel Mobile and about a dozen others.

The other thing to remember is that Cricket/Aio's killer $35 a month deal is not for smartphones - just feature phones... So watch that when you consider leaving your T-Mo MVNO's.

bokeh

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
A T-Mobile locked 925 will work on any T-Mobile MVNO without being unlocked. These include Spot Mobile, Simple Mobile, Straight Talk (T-Mo SIM), Net10 (T-Mo SIM), Ptel Mobile and about a dozen others.

The other thing to remember is that Cricket/Aio's killer $35 a month deal is not for smartphones - just feature phones... So watch that when you consider leaving your T-Mo MVNO's.

Thanks for the info waazzupppp. I was not aware that the cheapy plan was for feature phones only. I still like the $45 dollar plans that gives more data then the Brightspot $45 plan. But its probably not worth the hassle to do all the unlock stuff. I really am happy with Brightspot and I like the $25 gift card I get every six months.

Again, I appreciate the extra info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte