Would you buy it again??

RapidTurtle

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to switch from Verizon to AT&T. I keep coming back to the 925, as I am sick of Android, and would like a good phone on the cheap. Reading through the bugs section, and some other sites, some of my concerns about the phone are.
1. Overheating
2. Low Signal Strength
3. Phone locking up
I realize a lot of people only post in forums when they have problems, but I'm wondering if most of you have issues, or is it just a few? Would you guys buy the phone again, or are you hoping to get rid of the phone as soon as possible? Thanks in advance for any help...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and have the 925. I haven't encountered any of the problems you mentioned above. With that being said, I would definitely buy the 925 again if I had to. Hope that helps. :smile:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello :) I'm happy you checked before actually getting the phone.. I have an unlocked 925 and the only issue I had was the overheating.. BUT that only happens with excessive gaming lol.. I said I "had" the issue, because I recently bought a terapin backcover and that seems to have lessened the amount of heat I can feel. The phone does still get warm (backside) but with the cover you might not even feel it.

All of the other issues have been non-existent for me :angel:
The phone works well and smooth.
To answer your question yes I would buy the phone again.

I'm planning to keep this phone for 2 years

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had mine since launch and it's been a solid performer and a great looking phone. It took the 8.1 dev preview without a hitch so it will serve you well for a long, long time. I would definitely recommend and would buy it again if I had the opportunity.

bigkevbosky

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I've owned the 925 twice - once on AT&T and once on T-Mobile.

The one I got on AT&T was great, but it had the problem of a loose backplate in the top corners. It bugged me so I got rid of the phone. I could've just put a case on the back or superglued it and it would've been fine. It didn't have any signal issues or anything. It did get hot, but most phones do. In fact, of the two dozen or so smartphones I've had over the past couple of years, I'd say 90% of them get hot when the brightness on the screen is turned up and it's doing an intensive task like gaming.

The T-Mobile 925 I have now is great. No loose backplate like the AT&T model. The signal isn't as good as the AT&T one was (but I think that's more a T-Mobile problem than a 925 problem) and it also gets fairly warm. Not too hot to hold or anything, just enough to notice it.

I'm planning to keep this 925 as long as it'll last me, or until T-Mo releases a better Windows Phone and I trade my Nexus 5 in and JUMP.

RapidTurtle

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the great replies. You guys have set my mind at ease. Like I said, I know a lot of people use the forums for gripes more than praise, and all phone models have some lemons.
I should be picking up the phone at the beginning of June. Going on vacation next week, so I want a full 14 days with the phone in my area to test out the phone and network. Hopefully I'll be posting my good experience with it on here, and I know where to come with any questions.

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to switch from Verizon to AT&T. I keep coming back to the 925, as I am sick of Android, and would like a good phone on the cheap. Reading through the bugs section, and some other sites, some of my concerns about the phone are.
1. Overheating
2. Low Signal Strength
3. Phone locking up
I realize a lot of people only post in forums when they have problems, but I'm wondering if most of you have issues, or is it just a few? Would you guys buy the phone again, or are you hoping to get rid of the phone as soon as possible? Thanks in advance for any help...

I never had an experience with overheating. When I play Asphalt 8 it gets a bit warm/hot but not abnormally hot.
My phone has a proper 3G signal strength although the Wi-Fi signal strength could be a little bit better.
I have the original Nokia Black firmware and I don't have experienced any type of lockup.

I would probably buy it again. It is a high end phone for a midrange price because it is on sale for quite some time. Because it is a high end phone you have nice materials, a very good camera, proper batterylife, proper specs, a good and sharp screen and features like Here Drive+.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I should mention that one of your early complaints might be against the battery life, but just use the phone until the battery is at 10 percent or so and recharge it.. Doing this for a few days will help. Also one of the first apps you should install (imo) is a battery app :)

RapidTurtle

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Right now I'm used to a poor battery. My android phone at work is getting a measly 6 hours because it is constantly going from 1x to 3G, to sometimes 4G. 11 to 12 hours would be a welcome change. I'm anticipating getting a much better signal with AT&T. Some people have them at the work place, and have great coverage.
Hoping for a sale from AT&T in the coming weeks also. I saw on here that they were selling refurbs for $79. Sorry I missed out on that one.

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have disabled all my background tasks except for whatsapp and Power Tool (battery monitor). This has a geat improvement on battery life. Like I said: I use my phone a lot, play games for around 1.5 hours a day, listen to music two hours a day, surf over the internet for an hour a day and I use Whatsapp regularely. I have my Wi-Fi always turned on when I'm close to a Wi-Fi spot (most of the time I am) and this way my phone manages to work from 6 o clock in the morning, all the way to 10 o clock in the evening. So my battery life is quite good.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
1. Overheating
2. Low Signal Strength
3. Phone locking up

1. It used to be okay but recently it started overheating for some reason, i have no idea what i did but it always was chill and cold while surfing Readit and using messenger
2.Nope
3.Nope

It's a really good phone but if you got some extra cash i suggest you to wait for Lumia 930 or buy ant Icon, those phones are the bomb, really good hardware in them

925 isn't slow by any means but you know, the more the better(930/icon/1520)...

And dude remember one thing, people don't write about their good experience with their phones/pcs/etc. They write about bad ones, because they need help with sorting it out. Writing about your good experience doesn't really do much, so no one really does that.

Oh and this phone is really beautiful, i couldn't believe how well made it was once i got it. Just amazing, sadly im using a flip case with it just to prevent what happened to my older phone... https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...uthkey=!ACYlYM75QaLqb1I&v=3&ithint=photo,.JPG R.I.P

neglekted

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 925 for about 9 months and have generally been pleased with it. If I were to buy a phone right now I probably wouldn't get a 925 again, but that's only because the 930 is hitting the market right now and seems like an even better phone to me :)

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Also have had my 925 since roughly last August (9 months).
LOVE the build quality and camera on this thing! ... but probably wouldn't buy again.

Microsoft, to me, isn't a mature enough OS. My kids and wife all have iPhones (kids both have 4's and wife has 5C) ... that in my opinion, are more stable, mature and have better battery life than my 925.

It's a given that Apple has been doing things longer - and it shows.

But with each new update to Windows phone now ... just seems my phone is becoming more and more like an Android.

A shame. 😩

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Lol - my comment is based on facts of actually having those phones available to me on a daily basis ... the last 9 months!

There's a reason Wp's are behind both Apple and Android in total sales. So it's not just my opinion son.

I just originally loved the simplicity of WP's. But as I said, with each update MY phone (925) is becoming more and more like an Android phone in OS and "lagginess". And I personally, wouldn't buy another.

But thanks for your 2 cents too.

Just voicing MY opinion. 😎

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
WP is behind because MS was so ******* slow to get their **** together, they wake up recently with all those interp changes and because it's different
iOS and android are basically the same and over all those years people got to know it

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
But with each new update to Windows phone now ... just seems my phone is becoming more and more like an Android.

How exactly?? I'm confused by this because I have used iOS, Windows Phone and most recently, Android, and I don't see any similarities between Windows Phone and Android or Windows Phone and iOS, for that matter. If anything, iOS and Android are a little closer to each other than Windows Phone and either.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
With Notifications (i.e. Android), with Cortana (i.e. Google Now), with transparent home screen (i.e. Apple new OS) ... and mainly with "laggieness" that I'm reading lots of people are experiencing with latest update.

Totally agree with you. Android and Apple are much more similar, than WP's are ... at this point!

But the thread read ... would you buy it again?

And for my reasons I'd probably look at iPhone 6 or a Samsung with removable battery and SD card. IF .... WP's continue to try to match everything the other phone makers are doing ... and lose anymore of the uniqueness they originally established.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12