cellunlocker unlock

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
My L521 was unlocked thanks to cellunlocker... but the catch was i had to wait 2 months, their explanation for the long delay was the Tmobile unlock policy crap and how slow and hard was the unlock request. So better keep in touch with them about your code request how long will take.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I got my AT&T 520 unlocked with cellunlocker. As I recall it only took them a day or two to supply the unlock code. That was awhile ago, before AT&T cracked down on unlocking.

mfpreach

May 25, 2014
Visit site
My L521 was unlocked thanks to cellunlocker... but the catch was i had to wait 2 months, their explanation for the long delay was the Tmobile unlock policy crap and how slow and hard was the unlock request. So better keep in touch with them about your code request how long will take.

Two months?.
Geez and I probably can't get a refund.
Alternatively.I could have simply topped up my prepaid account with $100 but I'm not in the us often enough ��

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
If you just made your request recently, better ask for a refund quickly if you change your mind, in my case at least they always kept in touch and respond my mails, but never hurts to be cautious.

nakirasu

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I got my Lumia 925 unlocked from CellUnlocker, the phone was locked to O2 UK. Took 4 weeks to get my unlock code...

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Is it the T-Mobile US version? If so, it will be a few more days (about 30 total) before they email you and let you know that the code is not available. T-Mobile has been brutal about unlocking devices since they started the Payment and Jump programs. Too many devices walking off without being paid for is my guess.

If you really wanted to get it unlocked, you can do it after 40 days on the Simple Starter plan ($40 unlimited talk, text and 500MB data) - which means for $80, you can use the device for a few months and then have it unlocked for free through them.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
For the ATT $5 925 I tried the place on ebay. After 15 days of no action I called ATT and had an unlock in under 24hours. Had the ebay jokers refund my money.

​Running great on T-Mobile

mfpreach

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Is it the T-Mobile US version? If so, it will be a few more days (about 30 total) before they email you and let you know that the code is not available. T-Mobile has been brutal about unlocking devices since they started the Payment and Jump programs. Too many devices walking off without being paid for is my guess.

If you really wanted to get it unlocked, you can do it after 40 days on the Simple Starter plan ($40 unlimited talk, text and 500MB data) - which means for $80, you can use the device for a few months and then have it unlocked for free through them.

Thanks, yes tmo USA. Because I'm in Canada I can't have a post-paid account, I can however top up my prepaid account with $100. I'm still waiting on cellunlocker though.....

bmaf

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I tried to get unlock code for AT&T 925 that I bought outright from AT&T store. After 5-6 weeks, cellunlocker refunded me, said they couldn't get the code.
I had first tried through AT&T, escalated to 2 levels of supervisors, but they wouldn't give me a code. It makes no sense to me, not on a contract, so it wasn't subsidized.
Looks like I'll have to wait four more months to unlock. Not really a big deal since I use straight talk, just the principle of it.
I'm not to sure I'd have any better luck trying a different unlocking service either.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I had first tried through AT&T, escalated to 2 levels of supervisors, but they wouldn't give me a code. It makes no sense to me, not on a contract, so it wasn't subsidized.
It was subsidized. The price reflects that the buyer needs to use the phone for a while on AT&T with or without a contract. Obviously they can't make you use the phone at all and can't keep you from paying for and jumping thru the hoops to get someone else to unlock it. But the majority of buyers will use the phone on AT&T and many of them will be new customers and that's why they subsidize the price of the phone.

bmaf

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I went on AT&T's website to see if I could get it unlocked again. When I enter in the IMEI number, the web site says it doesn't recognize the IMEI number. It had showed up before when I tried. I also have a Blackberry Z10 that I swap the sim card with. I bought the Z10 after the Lumia 925 and they changed sim cards from the one I was using. I had forgotten to bring the sim card with me, so they put a different one in. And deactivated the sim card that was at home in the 925. I wonder if that's why I couldn't get an unlock code from cellunlocker, since AT&T didn't recognize the IMEI number, they recognize the Z10 now. I really don't want to call them about that, they may screw it all up.

It really doesn't matter that much right now if its unlocked, I'm using GoPhone, and a Straight Talk sim, so both phones work just fine since they are on AT&T's network. It's just the principle, its my phone.

As far as it being subsidized, I don't consider walking into an AT&T store, paying full price, off contract, for a phone, to be subsidized in any stretch of the imagination. I didn't buy a GoPhone.

mfpreach

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Got mine L925 unlocked from Vodafone UK from cellunlocker within 5 working days, good luck to you!

Finally received my code today, and it works. I had written some unhappy emails to cellunlocker and generally only received a "Wait another week response" eventually I received a candid answer from someone who explained to me the issues that have been having receiving codes for Lumias. Long story short, they are experiencing worse than estimated delays for T-Mobile USA lumias. Ultimately I was offered a five dollar back refund which is unnecessary but a nice sign of good faith.

Just be advised of a possible lengthy wait time to receive a code.

It took me from May 20 - June 17.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss