09-24-2014 04:42 PM
63 123
tools
    You too!

I thought I was mistaken, yet disabling this helped battery time on mine also.
    Good catch...
    I also have the 925, no battery problems, and battery saver is on for me.
    06-05-2014 05:57 AM
    Same here on my 1020
    06-05-2014 06:51 AM
    Think ... This time gonna keep my sanity and wait for official 8.1 release.
    Sanity is overrated. I'll choose 8.1 every time.
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-05-2014 07:09 AM
    Oh the guy who doesn't believe my battery life is using 8.1, well that explains a lot...
    06-05-2014 09:12 AM
    Oh the guy who doesn't believe my battery life is using 8.1, well that explains a lot...
    Why do you think I don't believe you? I don't have a battery issue either. But flaunting it is like telling homeless people how nice your house is. Now if you could tell people how to get the same battery life you do....
    06-05-2014 09:48 AM
    Now go visit a lung cancer ward and tell them you smoke 3 packs a day and never been sick a day in your life. j/k
    This post gives me the suggestion that you don't believe me. Strange, isn't it?
    I have told multiple times on this forum how I get a battery life like that.
    06-05-2014 10:22 AM
    This post gives me the suggestion that you don't believe me. Strange, isn't it?
    I have told multiple times on this forum how I get a battery life like that.
    That doesn't even hint at not believing you. As I said, your post wasn't helping with the problem. Which is okay but it was also more like gloating you were better off than others.
    06-05-2014 11:31 AM
    MS always keeps weird bugs as an easter eggs at their operating systems
    06-05-2014 12:04 PM
    Oh Look.

Another battery thread. Yay.
    06-05-2014 06:25 PM
    I just wish there was some way to quantify the drain of an app instead of relative to other apps.

The other alternative is to say "screw it" and just use the phone until it runs low and then charge it. Much less brain damage.
    06-05-2014 06:33 PM
    I just wish there was some way to quantify the drain of an app instead of relative to other apps.

The other alternative is to say "screw it" and just use the phone until it runs low and then charge it. Much less brain damage.
    Like a proper task manager with CPU, i/o, mem....
    06-05-2014 06:38 PM
    What exactly will turning off battery saver do? Will it not give u battery percentage? What else?
    06-05-2014 06:47 PM
    I think the battery drain is random. My phone gets hot suddenly and I switch off the phone and wait 15 mins. I switch it back on and everything is fine. Then I would have no issue for a week. Then it happens again suddenly. I think that it might be related to Cortina. It might be doing some data analysis or there might be a bug in the OS.
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-05-2014 08:30 PM
    I think the battery drain is random. My phone gets hot suddenly and I switch off the phone and wait 15 mins. I switch it back on and everything is fine. Then I would have no issue for a week. Then it happens again suddenly. I think that it might be related to Cortina. It might be doing some data analysis or there might be a bug in the OS.
    Yea me to that occasionally happens to my 925
    06-06-2014 02:13 AM
    Turning of battery saver and turning off double tap to wake helped for me. Now i've got good battery life again.
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-06-2014 04:43 AM
    Now on a serious note, how do you turn off battery saver? Do some of you guys keep the battery saver on all the time? Doesn't that renders your phone useless.On my 920, battery saver turns on by itself when the battery reaches 20%.

And at that moment my phone survives, and I mean it can last on those 20% a complete 24hours (if I don't use it). Or do you mean just to toggle of the bottom that turns on Batter saver when it reaches 20%?

Such posts confuse me. If some one could upload a screen shot of what he does in the Battery saver app. :D

Just to make things clear, when you say battery saver, you mean when your phone has a shield sign on your battery, right? Because that's when your phone starts to block background tasks and email sync.
    grininja and jaceot like this.
    06-06-2014 04:58 AM
    In the battery saver app there's a setting to disable the battery saver app from running in the background. That's what I'm assuming everyone is talking about here
    06-06-2014 11:30 AM
    In the battery saver app there's a setting to disable the battery saver app from running in the background. That's what I'm assuming everyone is talking about here
    Yes

I went back to using Insider Pro for battery status.
    Difficult to judge what any one user's results will be depending on app structure, use...etc.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    06-06-2014 03:58 PM
    Turning off double tap to wake should work and leaving nfc off works for me. Battery saver maybe because it keeps eye on battery and something isn't working correct atm? Not sure. My battery seems fine but I've always never had battery saver on, I don't want limited functions even when low lol. I keep wifi and all that off as well but location always on so I can use Cortana.
    06-06-2014 04:08 PM
    I tried turning off battery saver, but the only thing I think I really needed to do was disable it from running in the background. My 925 was off the charger yesterday morning around 9:30 or 10. I was out all day and a good portion of the night because of an unexpected emergency. When I put the phone down at 1am, the battery was at 56%. I got up this morning with it around 45% and then didn't charge it again until around 2 or 2:30 in the afternoon. That's not too bad at all.
    greenspot, Guytronic and shykhan16 like this.
    06-06-2014 08:48 PM
    I tried turning off battery saver, but the only thing I think I really needed to do was disable it from running in the background.
    Tried this trick jjust now, and i already feel the difference. My L925 doesn't feel too much hot now, and i pretty optimistic battery life will last little bit longer
    Guytronic and metalchick719 like this.
    06-06-2014 09:19 PM
    I turned off battery saver on the "advice" of this thread last week. I keep everything on, location, bluetooth, wifi, glance peek, and have exchange, gmail, and cortana running in the background. My battery life significantly went up. Prior to the "fix" I would take the phone off the charger about 8, with little to no use (weak signal at work and wifi calling is broken in 8.1), and leave the office around 4:30-5 with less than 20% battery life. Virtually no actual on time in this scenario. With normal mail checking, and instant messaging, it would die just after lunch. After the toggle, with no use, im ending my day in the mid to upper 60s. With the described moderate use, and lately some streaming music, im still above 50% when leaving at 4:30-5. Anyone on 8.1dp experiencing battery problems should try this. My phone additionally does not get hot in general anymore, though with heavy lte use, it still warms up.
    06-11-2014 02:44 AM
    Glad to hear that. What phone do you use?

I turned off battery saver on the "advice" of this thread last week. I keep everything on, location, bluetooth, wifi, glance peek, and have exchange, gmail, and cortana running in the background. My battery life significantly went up. Prior to the "fix" I would take the phone off the charger about 8, with little to no use (weak signal at work and wifi calling is broken in 8.1), and leave the office around 4:30-5 with less than 20% battery life. Virtually no actual on time in this scenario. With normal mail checking, and instant messaging, it would die just after lunch. After the toggle, with no use, im ending my day in the mid to upper 60s. With the described moderate use, and lately some streaming music, im still above 50% when leaving at 4:30-5. Anyone on 8.1dp experiencing battery problems should try this. My phone additionally does not get hot in general anymore, though with heavy lte use, it still warms up.
    06-13-2014 07:56 PM
    Dang, that's interesting! I didn't even think that the battery saver function affected battery life that badly. I'm gonna try that on my own 925!

What were the results like from the app you downloaded to check battery performance w/ and w/o battery saver?
    06-14-2014 12:36 AM
    Try turning off Glance as well if your phone has it. I've noticed an increase in battery life since doing that.
    06-14-2014 04:50 AM
63 123