WTF moment: Turning OFF battery saver did improve the battery life on my Lumia 925

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
It maybe due to the following reason, but we will not know for sure:

1. Because WP8.1 is still in preview so expect glitches here and there
2. WP8.1 is not yet optimized for some phone for some region. We may need firmware updates for specific devices.

Just a thought.

Hmm, this is sort of an oxymoron, no? Battery saver's purpose is to SAVE your battery, yet it actually drains it? Insane, lol. I think I might try this. Using my 810 today and I'm charging it on my laptop... Just turned off Battery Saver and I'll leave a report later about it as the day goes on.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Got tired of all this trial and error crap with battery life on my 925. Try this. Do that. Disable this ... Went back on 8.0 and I'm easily getting a day and a half usage on my phone again - happily - with moderate + usage.

Think ... This time gonna keep my sanity and wait for official 8.1 release.

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I think Cyan will come to the L925 in week 25. I live in the Netherlands and there has been a leak that said it would come out then. I'll wait for the cyan update, also because my warranty will void if I update to regular 8.1.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh the guy who doesn't believe my battery life is using 8.1, well that explains a lot...
Why do you think I don't believe you? I don't have a battery issue either. But flaunting it is like telling homeless people how nice your house is. Now if you could tell people how to get the same battery life you do....

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
This post gives me the suggestion that you don't believe me. Strange, isn't it?
I have told multiple times on this forum how I get a battery life like that.
That doesn't even hint at not believing you. As I said, your post wasn't helping with the problem. Which is okay but it was also more like gloating you were better off than others.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I just wish there was some way to quantify the drain of an app instead of relative to other apps.

The other alternative is to say "screw it" and just use the phone until it runs low and then charge it. Much less brain damage.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I just wish there was some way to quantify the drain of an app instead of relative to other apps.

The other alternative is to say "screw it" and just use the phone until it runs low and then charge it. Much less brain damage.
Like a proper task manager with CPU, i/o, mem....

chocka

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I think the battery drain is random. My phone gets hot suddenly and I switch off the phone and wait 15 mins. I switch it back on and everything is fine. Then I would have no issue for a week. Then it happens again suddenly. I think that it might be related to Cortina. It might be doing some data analysis or there might be a bug in the OS.

shykhan16

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I think the battery drain is random. My phone gets hot suddenly and I switch off the phone and wait 15 mins. I switch it back on and everything is fine. Then I would have no issue for a week. Then it happens again suddenly. I think that it might be related to Cortina. It might be doing some data analysis or there might be a bug in the OS.

Yea me to that occasionally happens to my 925

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos