Hi,

I am looking to get a T-Mobile USA Lumia 925 unlocked without going through T-mobile.

There are a lot of half answered posts on the forum with quite a bit of thread wander. If you have successfully unlocked your US T-mobile 925 without going through T-Mobile please could you list which company you used along with how long it took.

Hopefully this thread will be useful for quite a few people.

Thanks in advance.
    06-07-2014 02:58 AM
    I'm sure you saw my post. It has been almost a month with no result from cellunlocker
    06-08-2014 11:59 PM
    Do you have an activated T-mobile sim in your phone? (just following up on another post I came across which states you need to have one in the phone before cell unlocker can get you an unlock code... I've no idea if it is true)
    06-09-2014 01:17 AM
    No, no and nope... I tried 5 different unlock sites, all of which took anything from $5.99 up to $79.99 to unlock it. None of them were able to get the code from T-Mo. I finally threw in the towel and signed up for the Simple Starter plan for $40 just to get in the system. In 10 more days, I can unlock phone #1 and in another 40 days (80 total) I can do a second. Not to bad of deal if you ask me. $80 for two unlocks and service?
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-09-2014 09:46 AM
    Just tell tmobile your business is taking you over seas in a month and they'll send you an unlock code. Worked for me
    mfpreach likes this.
    06-09-2014 12:43 PM
    Do you have an activated T-mobile sim in your phone? (just following up on another post I came across which states you need to have one in the phone before cell unlocker can get you an unlock code... I've no idea if it is true)
    Yes, I do have an active tmo sim card in it.
    06-09-2014 09:15 PM
    No, no and nope... I tried 5 different unlock sites, all of which took anything from $5.99 up to $79.99 to unlock it. None of them were able to get the code from T-Mo. I finally threw in the towel and signed up for the Simple Starter plan for $40 just to get in the system. In 10 more days, I can unlock phone #1 and in another 40 days (80 total) I can do a second. Not to bad of deal if you ask me. $80 for two unlocks and service?
    I'm on prepaid so I'll have to top my account up with $100:-\
    waazzupppp likes this.
    06-09-2014 09:16 PM
    This is what i did, I bought an unlocked one with screen broken and then replaced the motherboard... And the other motherboard in still waiting from cellunlocker the code!
    06-09-2014 09:19 PM
    Called t-mobile again, told them I'm travelling and they're sending me the code gratis. I can't believe I didn't try that sooner.

Bear in mind my prepaid account is six years old.

Now to see about getting a refund from cellunlocker!
    Guytronic and Michael Fowler like this.
    06-09-2014 09:41 PM
    The csr was wrong, I got an email saying I need to meet the unlock criteria which in my case is a $100 top up.

Very frustrating.
    06-11-2014 10:13 AM
    Yep, that Simple Choice plan is by far the cheapest way to unlock that I have found. The good news is that you can top off with a $100 refill and unlock - then just use it up...
    06-11-2014 12:07 PM
    Yep, that Simple Choice plan is by far the cheapest way to unlock that I have found. The good news is that you can top off with a $100 refill and unlock - then just use it up...
    Yeah, i'm still waiting for cellunlocker to refund me or deliver the goods. I have threatened them with a dispute on my credit card so we'll see. I can't use the simple choice plan since I'm in Canada (or at least, it makes more sense for me to top up my account) but I use my PPD account from time-to-time which is why topping up with a $100 is not the worst thing in the world, but a little bit of overkill since I don't go down as much as I used to.
    06-11-2014 12:44 PM