09-21-2014 05:39 PM
61 123
tools
    I have one from Zagg coming in the mail but its not a tempered glass screen protector. After reading these forums I am having second thoughts about the one I ordered from Zagg and I want a tempered glass screen protector now I'm debating between these two...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU2617459
    (EZguardz Premium Real Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield For Nokia Lumia 925)
    or
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU2617459
    (Spartan Shieldz Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Nokia Lumia 925)
    Same thing.
    07-01-2014 11:52 AM
    Hey guys, what you thing about this tempered glass protector? Amazon.com: Nacodex 9h Hardness Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Real Explosion-proof for Nokia Lumia 925 [ New in Box ]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Or choose from two links who write JOHNSKRILLA?
    07-02-2014 11:33 AM
    Hey guys, what you thing about this tempered glass protector? Amazon.com: Nacodex 9h Hardness Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Real Explosion-proof for Nokia Lumia 925 [ New in Box ]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Or choose from two links who write JOHNSKRILLA?
    The link you put up is the same as the OP, Cytorio... Check his comments and pic of install during the course of the thread.

​The two JohnSkrilla posted are both the same product under 2 different names it appears. Mine has not come in yet to say how it is...
    07-02-2014 07:09 PM
    My package is still sitting at the vendor. There is a UPS tracking number, but UPS tells me they never scheduled it for pick up.

​I just sent an email...
    07-03-2014 03:29 PM
    My package is still sitting at the vendor. There is a UPS tracking number, but UPS tells me they never scheduled it for pick up.

​I just sent an email...
    Bro the same with mines. I have a UPS tracking number but there is no activity for 2 days.
    07-03-2014 03:57 PM
    Mine never showed any activity, it took about 17 days. Be patient, it will show.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    07-03-2014 05:39 PM
    Mine never showed any activity, it took about 17 days. Be patient, it will show.
    But you said yours came from China mines is supposed to be shipped from Utah
    07-03-2014 07:01 PM
    So the vendor told me in reply that:

Robert,
    Tracking for your order, # 8xxxx7
    [1] EZguardz Premium Real Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield For Nokia Lumia 925

You can track your order with the following UPS tracking number. Your order has been picked up and shipped. Most likely it wasn't scanned at the first UPS facility and should show tracking in the next few days. We look forward to serving you again soon,
    Shipped on 6/30/2014 using UPS Expedited Mail Innovations(PACKAGE):

CLICK THIS LINK FOR TRACKING 8xxxx7xxxx9xxxx198
    If this link does not work copy and paste these numbers at ups.com

UPS tracking still shows:

06/30/2014 9:31 A.M. Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations
    With no further progress past "information received"... No scheduled for pick up, picked up processed at sort facility. Nothing.

Then I look again: UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS. I made it bold in both quotes.

UPS Mail Innovations | Services - Domestic and international high-volume and mail operations

So I guess it goes from UPS into the hands of USPS and maybe they don't care about tracking scans???

IDK honestly.

I ordered two items (the other a tempered glass screen protector for the wife's Note 2 [a different company]) at the same time. The other is shipping USPS and can easily be tracked like normal. If mine doesn't arrive in the mail by Monday I'm thinking about canceling.
    07-03-2014 10:29 PM
    So the vendor told me in reply that:

UPS tracking still shows:

With no further progress past "information received"... No scheduled for pick up, picked up processed at sort facility. Nothing.

Then I look again: UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS. I made it bold in both quotes.

UPS Mail Innovations | Services - Domestic and international high-volume and mail operations

So I guess it goes from UPS into the hands of USPS and maybe they don't care about tracking scans???

IDK honestly.

I ordered two items (the other a tempered glass screen protector for the wife's Note 2 [a different company]) at the same time. The other is shipping USPS and can easily be tracked like normal. If mine doesn't arrive in the mail by Monday I'm thinking about canceling.

I don't blame u if u were to cancel I'm going through the same stuff as you. Mines show in UPS but there is no activity and its been like that for 2-3 days. And to top it off we ordered from the same company. The vendor I ordered from is ezguards and I looked up their profile on eBay and it says Utah. It better not be from China where I have to wait weeks for my item...
    07-03-2014 11:31 PM
    Well, I just rcvd my Nacodex order from China , unfortunately it was the wrong one (for another phone). I had to order another one but in the meantime I had to urge to test it.
    Safe to say, if phone lands on on screen it WILL protect it. It took 4 hard punches with screwdriver to break it. Only one hammer punch, but it was a strong one and let's not forget, it's integrity was already compromised by screwdriver hole :)

Now waiting for that another one, this time ordered from UK ebay seller so I don't wait so long.

As for Nacodex I got, packaging looks a lot different than the one in OP, and it's really a quality packaging , nicely protected, with clinically clean and neat accessories to put SP on..Wish I had time or nerves to wait for another one as I would surely order again..
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-04-2014 01:38 AM
    I've always wanted to get one for my Lumia but I was concerned about the curved class and how they tempered glass would adhere properly to the screen since it is curved. Needless to say I got one for my Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (to avoid scratching the anti-shatter film protector) and it's great and fits the entire screen.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-04-2014 10:45 PM
    RumoredNow I just got mines in the mail today since we ordered the same ones I will give a little feedback. I posted a picture below for you to see and It looks identical to what Cyterio ordered from China in that it leaves a tiny gap on the borders and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same one but I can deal with the tiny separation at the border because if u put a case on your phone people wouldn't even notice it. Quality wise it looks like it can take some hits, I haven't tested it yet but I can just tell. For $5 it is not a bad deal. Oh and don't use the cloth they gave you to wipe the screen I feel like it adds some lent to the screen that is why I had to re-install it 2-3 times..

CyterioI think I messed up installing it as you can see on the right side it looks kind of yellowish like it's not glued in properly. Will this go away or self heal by itself..?

2014-07-05-16-16-49.465.jpg
    07-05-2014 06:41 PM
    johnskrilla, rub the affected area with a soft cloth to get the air out. Start from the inside part of the screen and work towards the edge. You can squeeze pretty hard and it will be OK. Hopefully there is no oil from a fingerprint or any grit under there.

I was away for the holiday, but came back to see my Spartan brand tempered glass screen protector had come in. YAY!!!!!

Amazon.com: Spartan Shieldz Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Nokia Lumia 925: Cell Phones & Accessories

20140706_170753.jpg

Went on easy the first time and smoothed out clean. I may have placed it a bit high, but I'm not quibbling over a mm or two. The wife's went on her Note 2 just as easy (different brand).

It feels FANTASTIC. Not a fingerprint in sight as I use the phone. I think it looks great and gives a premium handling feel to the screen. Better than naked, if I remember correctly from first getting the phone... No idea why I waited so long to try one of these.

I'll post more impressions as I use the product.
    07-06-2014 05:59 PM
    johnskrilla, rub the affected area with a soft cloth to get the air out. Start from the inside part of the screen and work towards the edge. You can squeeze pretty hard and it will be OK. Hopefully there is no oil from a fingerprint or any grit under there.

I was away for the holiday, but came back to see my Spartan brand tempered glass screen protector had come in. YAY!!!!!

Amazon.com: Spartan Shieldz Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Nokia Lumia 925: Cell Phones & Accessories

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140706_170753.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	579.5 KB 
ID:	71151

Went on easy the first time and smoothed out clean. I may have placed it a bit high, but I'm not quibbling over a mm or two. The wife's went on her Note 2 just as easy (different brand).

It feels FANTASTIC. Not a fingerprint in sight as I use the phone. I think it looks great and gives a premium handling feel to the screen. Better than naked, if I remember correctly from first getting the phone... No idea why I waited so long to try one of these.

I'll post more impressions as I use the product.

I ordered another one. Any tips on how u placed it? I looked closely on mines and those things on the side are fingerprints. I figured it came from me doing re-applying it a few times. Smh. Did u start from the bottom of the L925 or the top..?
    07-06-2014 06:19 PM
    Yeah, touching the adhesive side of the glass would leave some issues.

I started at the top. I lined up the cutout with the earpiece/speaker and made sure it was even on the sides... I could have come down just a small bit. Notice the top and side edges in the pic I took? There is a bit of knurling on the edges from where they cut the sheet. I wanted to make sure that didn't impinge on the front facing camera.

I have gotten in the habit of applying screen protectors on the bathroom counter. Generally, there is very good light in there. After a shower is a good time as well. All the moisture in the air helps precipitate out dust. Not necessary to steam the place up just before if you don't want to. It most often is one of the least dusty areas of the house though. Just clean the screen off really well. I had just peeled off a plastic, anti-glare screen protector sheet from my 925 and taken it out of the case so a quick wipe down was all I needed. You could use an alcohol prep pad before hand as well...

That dag blamed anti-glare sheet I had on there. Wow. What a difference with the tempered glass. The screen is so much more vivid, bright and crisp. I love this thing already.
    07-06-2014 06:47 PM
    Anti-glare sheet? U put on another screen on top of the tempered glass?
    Sent from Seattle using Tapatalk
    07-06-2014 07:33 PM
    Anti-glare sheet? U put on another screen on top of the tempered glass?
    No.

​The plastic screen protector I had on there that I removed in favor of the tempered glass... That old one was anti-glare and I never realized how much duller it made my screen viewing.
    johnskrilla likes this.
    07-06-2014 08:12 PM
    No.

​The plastic screen protector I had on there that I removed in favor of the tempered glass... That old one was anti-glare and I never realized how much duller it made my screen viewing.
    Oh okay I got you.
    07-06-2014 09:06 PM
    Looks like a finger print on yours. You can minimize that by washing your hands first, and then wetting your finger tips slightly before installing. Also, when installing mine, before removing the backing on the screen protector, I place a piece of scotch tape on each end of the front side of the screen protector. This allows you to hold and maneuver the glass around before placing on the phone and also guarantees you leave no fingerprints behind.
    k72 and Captains like this.
    07-06-2014 09:19 PM
    OK it is definitely reducing my battery life...

I can't stop looking at it and trying out new start backgrounds. LOL

Just added this one:

wp_ss_20140707_0001.jpg
    Captains likes this.
    07-07-2014 02:13 PM
    I did some navigation yesterday in the car. It was a sunny day. There was a reduction in screen readability when the phone was on the dashboard mount...

I have one of these...
    0007734110522_500x500.jpg
    ...so the phone sits right up on the dash. I had to make some adjustments, but the screen was still a tad washed out. I have come to depend on the HUD properties of Here + when it is engaged. I check my speed and the posted speed as well as the turn by turn info like distance to next course correction, ETA and street name. It was doable, but not as easy as when I had the anti-glare plastic sheet on there.

Don't get me wrong; I can read the screen in bright sunlight, if I'm not driving and am just using the 925 as a hand-held device. But for glancing quickly at the screen in Nav Mode, I'll have to give the Spartan Tempered Glass screen protector a fail.

I may try and move to this mount...
    semsons-inc_2264_39253056.jpg
    ...as the clam shell top looks to offer some sun screen that might shade the screen and increase legibility. Although it removes easy access to the 925's side mounted buttons. ME-USDM: i.Trek Universal Dashboard Mount with built-in holder for GPS or Phone - Friction / Dash Mount

For what it's worth, the non-skid coated, weighted pillow mounts seem to work really well. They do not slip and there is no suction cup hassle. Nothing worse than your phone suddenly diving head first off the dash and I've never had that problem with my pillow mount.
    07-09-2014 11:01 AM
    I agree I had a tough time seeing the screen when the sun was shining at the tempered glass we ordered.
    07-09-2014 04:23 PM
    Just bought this one from Ebay: Tempered Glass Proof Membrane Screen Protector Guard Film For Nokia Lumia 925 | eBay
    I'm really curious about the quality, I will post my findings when I get it in a couple of weeks. ;)
    07-14-2014 09:01 AM
    I bought this one Amazon.com: Nacodex 9h Hardness Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Real Explosion-proof for Nokia Lumia 925 [ New in Box ]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Paid on the 8th, received on the 14th. Sent from China. Delivery estimate was 1 month so I'm pretty happy with the speed through customs.

I have the outer bubble issue like johnskrilla. I'm ok with it for now since I also have an outer case (Design Your Own Nokia Lumia 925 Custom Case - Nokia Lumia 925) that will prevent things from snagging on the lip I imagine is there. While applying the skin I noticed some micro scratches on my screen so I think this came just at the right time.

I use to have one of the rubber screen protectors but the heat from being in my pocket on a 100F+ make it come loose in my pocket.
    07-15-2014 02:39 PM
    It's been over a week with the tempered glass in place... Still very happy with it. Very resistant to fingerprints, easy clean up, not a scratch in sight.

It just looks fantastic. The clarity of it is like a naked screen. The feel of it can't be described. Better than a naked screen, if you can believe that.

If you are going to use it in bright sunlight for navigation and you can remember to do so; turn off automatic brightness and crank 'er up to 100%. That is the only caveat I have thus far.
    07-15-2014 03:42 PM
61 123