Tempered glass screen protector

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I've never heard of tempered glass screen protectors, but then again, I don't use screen protectors anymore (only used them very sparingly back when I was using my iPhone). I'm sure other users will find your review helpful.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've looked at Tempered Glass screen protectors, but not tried one yet.

Seems they will shatter (just the overlay) and peel off, leaving the actual screen undamaged. Also they are very, very scratch resistant. Plus they cover the entire screen - no cut outs for sensors. The reason I haven't tried one yet is that I tend to flip through phones somewhat quickly. It seems like the type of thing to use when you know that the phone you have is the one you will still have for 2+ years...

​Look forward to the review.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I've installed couple of them on, only seen people buy them for the Note 3 though. They are surprisingly really really nice! You don't even know its there! I've been wanting one for my Icon.

undisputed n00b

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I've looked at Tempered Glass screen protectors, but not tried one yet.

Seems they will shatter (just the overlay) and peel off, leaving the actual screen undamaged. Also they are very, very scratch resistant. Plus they cover the entire screen - no cut outs for sensors. The reason I haven't tried one yet is that I tend to flip through phones somewhat quickly. It seems like the type of thing to use when you know that the phone you have is the one you will still have for 2+ years...

​Look forward to the review.

In the Amazon Description it says: "Explosion-proof". I hope OP tests this in their review.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Just got the screen protector in the mail today. I didn't install it yet, but my initial opinion isn't very optimistic.

To be fair, it is packaged very well, and looks to be a quality product. Where it immediately goes downhill is the size. There is about an 1/8 inch gap left exposed on the screen. I'm sure this is due to the rounded edges of the 925's screen, but for me it is an instant negative. I'm sure on other phones with completely flat screens, its a no brainer winner, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. With the 925, I'm not even sure I want to install it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I've installed the screen protector, and it feels and looks really, really, good! Like I mentioned in the previous post though, I am having a hard time overlooking the 1/8 inch border it leaves exposed around the edge of the screen.

It's funny how one of the features that makes this phone so beautiful, is also the feature that is hard to protect and still retain its original look.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can you get a picture showing the gap? Is it 1/8" on every edge? That would be a lot. (3.175 mm)

You said it feels "really, really, good!" I imagine it would feel great as it is glass not plastic like most screen protectors.

​LOL, since you are the guinea pig for us... Throw it in your pocket with your keys and see if it scratches up. :p

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I've installed the screen protector, and it feels and looks really, really, good! Like I mentioned in the previous post though, I am having a hard time overlooking the 1/8 inch border it leaves exposed around the edge of the screen.

It's funny how one of the features that makes this phone so beautiful, is also the feature that is hard to protect and still retain its original look.

Can you take a picture of it?

Sent from Seattle

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
You can clearly see the small border that the tempered glass doesn't cover.

Attachments

• V__E516.jpg
    V__E516.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 42

james7679

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I ordered one some time back. Its nice, except it is NOT contoured to the curve of the screen. This means there is about an 1/8" bubble at the edge, on my 1520. I took it off. It allowed debris and dust in and caused my case to bulge.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can clearly see the small border that the tempered glass doesn't cover.

I ordered one some time back. Its nice, except it is NOT contoured to the curve of the screen. This means there is about an 1/8" bubble at the edge, on my 1520. I took it off. It allowed debris and dust in and caused my case to bulge.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

I think that is what the gap on Cyterio's protector is for. The edge of a case.

​When mine comes in and gets installed I'll take a pic.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
It's very responsive, can't tell the difference between using the tempered glass or using the phone without anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire