Tempered glass screen protector

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anti-glare sheet? U put on another screen on top of the tempered glass?
Sent from Seattle using Tapatalk

No.

​The plastic screen protector I had on there that I removed in favor of the tempered glass... That old one was anti-glare and I never realized how much duller it made my screen viewing.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a finger print on yours. You can minimize that by washing your hands first, and then wetting your finger tips slightly before installing. Also, when installing mine, before removing the backing on the screen protector, I place a piece of scotch tape on each end of the front side of the screen protector. This allows you to hold and maneuver the glass around before placing on the phone and also guarantees you leave no fingerprints behind.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK it is definitely reducing my battery life...

I can't stop looking at it and trying out new start backgrounds. LOL

Just added this one:

wp_ss_20140707_0001.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I did some navigation yesterday in the car. It was a sunny day. There was a reduction in screen readability when the phone was on the dashboard mount...

I have one of these...
0007734110522_500X500.jpg
...so the phone sits right up on the dash. I had to make some adjustments, but the screen was still a tad washed out. I have come to depend on the HUD properties of Here + when it is engaged. I check my speed and the posted speed as well as the turn by turn info like distance to next course correction, ETA and street name. It was doable, but not as easy as when I had the anti-glare plastic sheet on there.

Don't get me wrong; I can read the screen in bright sunlight, if I'm not driving and am just using the 925 as a hand-held device. But for glancing quickly at the screen in Nav Mode, I'll have to give the Spartan Tempered Glass screen protector a fail.

I may try and move to this mount...
semsons-inc_2264_39253056.jpg
...as the clam shell top looks to offer some sun screen that might shade the screen and increase legibility. Although it removes easy access to the 925's side mounted buttons. ME-USDM: i.Trek Universal Dashboard Mount with built-in holder for GPS or Phone - Friction / Dash Mount

For what it's worth, the non-skid coated, weighted pillow mounts seem to work really well. They do not slip and there is no suction cup hassle. Nothing worse than your phone suddenly diving head first off the dash and I've never had that problem with my pillow mount.

Honis

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought this one Amazon.com: Nacodex? 9h Hardness Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Real Explosion-proof for Nokia Lumia 925 [ New in Box ]: Cell Phones & Accessories

Paid on the 8th, received on the 14th. Sent from China. Delivery estimate was 1 month so I'm pretty happy with the speed through customs.

I have the outer bubble issue like johnskrilla. I'm ok with it for now since I also have an outer case (Design Your Own Nokia Lumia 925 Custom Case - Nokia Lumia 925) that will prevent things from snagging on the lip I imagine is there. While applying the skin I noticed some micro scratches on my screen so I think this came just at the right time.

I use to have one of the rubber screen protectors but the heat from being in my pocket on a 100F+ make it come loose in my pocket.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's been over a week with the tempered glass in place... Still very happy with it. Very resistant to fingerprints, easy clean up, not a scratch in sight.

It just looks fantastic. The clarity of it is like a naked screen. The feel of it can't be described. Better than a naked screen, if you can believe that.

If you are going to use it in bright sunlight for navigation and you can remember to do so; turn off automatic brightness and crank 'er up to 100%. That is the only caveat I have thus far.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It's been over a week with the tempered glass in place... Still very happy with it. Very resistant to fingerprints, easy clean up, not a scratch in sight.

It just looks fantastic. The clarity of it is like a naked screen. The feel of it can't be described. Better than a naked screen, if you can believe that.

If you are going to use it in bright sunlight for navigation and you can remember to do so; turn off automatic brightness and crank 'er up to 100%. That is the only caveat I have thus far.

Or just turn on daylight readability.

MrPovilas

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I really enjoy tempered glass, but one day i woke up and it has one scratch near the side. But i contacted to seller and he will send a new one. Using nacodex. Its very nice, but that crack really upset me. I will think that is bad item

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Ok I don't want to start new thread for this. I need screen protector for 925 that covers whole surface (rounded edges) and charging cover but not just piece of plastic but to cover whole body. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

djslofstra

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
What you want isn't possible, there are no rounded screen protectors.. I also enjoy my tempered glass screen protector very much though. I got it cheap from Ebay, the light sensor still works perfectly fine and the feeling and looks are great!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok I don't want to start new thread for this. I need screen protector for 925 that covers whole surface (rounded edges) and charging cover but not just piece of plastic but to cover whole body. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance

What you want isn't possible, there are no rounded screen protectors.. I also enjoy my tempered glass screen protector very much though. I got it cheap from Ebay, the light sensor still works perfectly fine and the feeling and looks are great!

Doesn't exist off the shelf...

Get a larger than the screen sheet of universal screen protector and trim to your desired fit.

IMHO, a dual density case is better protection than a hard shell. Do you want Qi charging inside? That is a bigger task.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Actually I got screen protector as I wanted. Can't remember the name. But it covers whole screen. I didnt find the charging case thou, bought regular one. Will do the job-cover phone :)

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know these things existed until I read of them here. (Hooray for forums!) I bought one for my 925 and it's like the clouds open, the sunlight shines, and the angels sing, compared to the standard plastic films. Position it very carefully, one end or side touching the screen. Let go......it just falls into place, no bubbles, no problems. You can peel it off, gently; I did so to test on my 810. Just fine.

With a clear, thin case I bought on....where else....eBay, my phone retains the look of being naked but has protection everywhere except for that slight gap between the protector and case.

Case:Frosted Clear Hard TPU Gel Skin Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 925 Tmobile Phone | eBay

Screen Protector: Spartanshield Anti Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Nokia Lumia 925 | eBay

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I understand many of you are having issues with the "curved" screen on the 925 not allowing the tempered glass protectors to go all the way to the edge over the curve. Understandable.

I've just purchased the Nacodex Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the Lumia 520 from Amazon, and will take 17 to 28 days to ship. Since there is no curvature to the 520 screen, I will be hoping that this particular one will fit to the edges, or at least very close to the edges. I'll let you know once I have it and get it in place.

Currently, for protection until it arrives, I've got some old "over-sized film protectors" that came with cutting guides, and were meant to be compatible with all touch screen phones. Had some in a drawer from when I bought my pocket PC back in 2006. I had gotten a 10 pack for $1.50 or something way back then. They are actually better than most of what's on the market now, as there aren't any discolorations, no blur, and they installed with no bubbles, but they take scratches quite easily. I've had this one one for 3 weeks now, and it is getting scratched up enough that I am about to replace it already. Not to mention how bad it hold the grease. I have to clean it constantly. Quite easy to read, however, whatever the lighting. Just can't stand the scratches, and can't stand the stiff, friction feel to it.

I can't wait until the new tempered glass one arrives. I know, what's the use in protecting a cheap L520? Well, I kept my Windows Mobile 5 phone for 8 years, and just now got the L520 to replace it. I plan on keeping the L520 for at least 4 years before upgrading it, possibly longer depending on how well it's doing at that time. Really loving WP8.1. This in conjunction with my armored case will help protect my precious Cortana. :)

Meridius55

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Some time ago I ordered one of those Spartan tempered glasses, but when I installed it, none of the edges were sticking to the phone. Figured maybe I was doing something wrong (lifted it a few times to align it properly), so I ordered an other one, now a cheaper one from china. I aligned it on the first try, no dust, no smudges, but the result was the same.
F?nyk?p1045(3).jpg
What did I do wrong? The size of the screen protector is the same as the ones posted before, so it shouldn't lift due to the curved edges.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234